Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Media dumps

That's the first review I've seen that preferred the BMW steering feel to the Cadillac. Also not sure why the comparisons of the LT4 to the LF4. If the 4 BW could fit the supercharged V-8 then what would be the purpose of the CT5?

That's the first review I've seen that preferred the BMW steering feel to the Cadillac. Also not sure why the comparisons of the LT4 to the LF4. If the 4 BW could fit the supercharged V-8 then what would be the purpose of the CT5?
Agreed. It just seems they thought the steering was too light. I've driven some of the recent M sports but no Ms and my impression was the steering feel was completely dead. My 4 BW feels pretty good to me...I have an excellent feel for what the wheels are doing (control wise) and decent - though perhaps not great - road feel (but this is the first non direct steering rack I've ever owned).

Agreed. It just seems they thought the steering was too light. I've driven some of the recent M sports but no Ms and my impression was the steering feel was completely dead. My 4 BW feels pretty good to me...I have an excellent feel for what the wheels are doing (control wise) and decent - though perhaps not great - road feel (but this is the first non direct steering rack I've ever owned).
Maybe they left it in tour mode.

Jethro is fine reviewer that I always enjoy reading or listening to but this one just weird, I owned and tracked M340i, M4 Comp and M3 6MT there steering is not communicative at all, the 4 Blackwing I would say sits between the new Ms and Porsche 718/911. Porsche giving the most road feel, at the point of being tirering on long trips.

Also the LF4 is just a great companion, much better than I anticipated from reading reviews, the S58 altrough being a beast has a high strung character, it's just not as enjoyable as the LF4 without pushing hard, the LF4 is just as fun at low speed as it is full tilt and in between, the Ms are getting very clinical like the Porsche's. You feel Cadillac chose to make the LF4 the way it is because it's suits very well with what the 4 Blackwing is, a nasty beast in a tuxedo suit, a bit like Jason Statham in some movies.

The review made it sound like the s58 was some high revving na engine. It has a 7200 rpm red line. So 700 more rpm.

Also the steering feel comment is very suspect. Every professional reviewer has said the blackwing has as good steering feel as the bmw is bad.

The review made it sound like the s58 was some high revving na engine. It has a 7200 rpm red line. So 700 more rpm.

Also the steering feel comment is very suspect. Every professional reviewer has said the blackwing has as good steering feel as the bmw is bad.
There is not 1 professional driver out there who has reviewed the BW's and not said, "Yup probably the best steering feel" on anything!

There is not 1 professional driver out there who has reviewed the BW's and not said, "Yup probably the best steering feel" on anything!

Almost wondering if they tested on muschy winter tires..

Almost wondering if they tested on muschy winter tires..
Everything is subjective I suppose? I have taken my 5 BW about as fast as I can go in public "safely" around the roads and I have never felt a vehicle in last 20+years whenever the electric steering thing started feel as good as this car. You don't have to be an expert it's rather apparent after your first smashing turn in this vehicle the "ONLY" thing your left with is it feels better and better the harder it's pushed.....it's ridiculous in my opinion and coupled with the MAG 4.0?

JESUS MAN this thing is that good!

Everything is subjective I suppose? I have taken my 5 BW about as fast as I can go in public "safely" around the roads and I have never felt a vehicle in last 20+years whenever the electric steering thing started feel as good as this car. You don't have to be an expert it's rather apparent after your first smashing turn in this vehicle the "ONLY" thing your left with is it feels better and better the harder it's pushed.....it's ridiculous in my opinion and coupled with the MAG 4.0?

JESUS MAN this thing is that good!

It's supernaturaly good I agree, you feel like your hands are the tires and they obey your will vs in the M3 your ass gives you more info than the steering.. both cars have tremendous grip but one asks you to have full faith while the other builds confidence in yourself while it lets you access all it can do.

It's supernaturaly good I agree, you feel like your hands are the tires and they obey your will vs in the M3 your ass gives you more info than the steering.. both cars have tremendous grip but one asks you to have full faith while the other builds confidence in yourself while it lets you access all it can do.
Your pretty spot on with the the M3 in your ass feel plus the seats might look "Neat" but they are uncomfortable as all hell too. I remember when Electric Power Steering first hit the scene and haven't felt the road since and now we're all just conditioned to the numbing no connection to the road and drive by wire and everything else.

All of those dead feelings have been erased and even the nonexistent AWD is gone on the BW and I am so glad that it is because they drive differently too. The CT5 with it's throttle engagement just seals the deal and I don't see myself EVER selling this car.

Last edited:
I dunno - it sounds like he liked it just fine to me. The article is a little…flimsy…I wouldn’t call it much of a road test…but they said the same things most of the other mags said with the exception of the steering. Nothing really to report other than another comparison to cars that start at 30k more (CT5 and the automatic only M3 Comp).

Also not sure why the comparisons of the LT4 to the LF4. If the 4 BW could fit the supercharged V-8 then what would be the purpose of the CT5?

They've been doing this since Day 1, and it has never made sense.

No M3 review ever written has talked about how much better it would be with the M5 engine. They just talked about how much better the M3 was than everything else in its class (until the 4BW came along). Yet EVERY 4BW review mentions the 5BW.

They've been doing this since Day 1, and it has never made sense.

No M3 review ever written has talked about how much better it would be with the M5 engine. They just talked about how much better the M3 was than everything else in its class (until the 4BW came along). Yet EVERY 4BW review mentions the 5BW.
Totally makes sense for reviewers to do this: it’s because there's only two BWs.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back