Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Media dumps

280K? I will go back to original post in this thread...absolutely stupid purchase for a stupid person. Sorry, I said it!
CT5 V BW 4 doors more comfortable, ride would 10x better and overall cost and maintenance 10x less for pretty much same track performance and 10x better daily experience? OK, go buy your "collectible" at least they put decent steering wheels in their vehicles.

To the Porsche "collectors", since it will be made in lower numbers vs the GT3 it will be a collectable? so it will be a limited numbers model that will basically be stashed away. I hear you though, it's another model that will be made in limited numbers for whatever reason to make money. It harkens back to the last rwd turbo with a manual (964) which seems to resonate with some of the Porsche guys.
Funny thing is, they're not THAT limited (1,250) and they're all more or less the same spec/color, so not really that unique? Give me a PTS GT3 manual any day.

Not a Hennessey fan but 1000 horsepower makes this thing bonkers.

I have yet to stall my manual 5. I stalled my 4 twice for some reason. I guess put me in the camp of the 1000 HP 6MT being past my comfort level for usual driving. But bless Hennessey for doing it! That is THE King of the Road car.

I have yet to stall my manual 5. I stalled my 4 twice for some reason. I guess put me in the camp of the 1000 HP 6MT being past my comfort level for usual driving. But bless Hennessey for doing it! That is THE King of the Road car.

I stalled the 5 the very first moment I was pulling out of the dealership. 50 feet into ownership.

If cars could think my car would think "Fuck I got a noob."

I stalled the 5 the very first moment I was pulling out of the dealership. 50 feet into ownership.
I stalled mine the night I bought it. I wound up having to do a 3 point turn. That is challenging by itself in a 5BW with the huge turning radius, but when you add an unfamiliar new clutch that only has a couple dozen shifts up until that point......

I found it interesting that Matt Farah mentioned how the programming of the clutch was designed so that you need not touch the throttle when crawling through traffic. This feature prolongs the life of the clutch. This practice was mentioned at spring mountain during the first day when crawling through the tight obstacles.

Most manuals can do this if you release the clutch slow enough but it seems like it would do more harm than good...Thoughts?

Also, they eluded to how you have to have those CCBs with such a power increase. I am certain Mirza said that the steel setup was every bit as equal in stopping performance to the CCBs.

I found it interesting that Matt Farah mentioned how the programming of the clutch was designed so that you need not touch the throttle when crawling through traffic. This feature prolongs the life of the clutch. This practice was mentioned at spring mountain during the first day when crawling through the tight obstacles.

Most manuals can do this if you release the clutch slow enough but it seems like it would do more harm than good...Thoughts?

Also, they eluded to how you have to have those CCBs with such a power increase. I am certain Mirza said that the steel setup was every bit as equal in stopping performance to the CCBs.
Yeah, every manual car I've had has been able to do that, except my Integra had the same problem when I put big lumpy cams in it.

Maybe the concern is overheating and brake fade? With more HP comes more slowing from higher speeds.

Speaking of brakes, I wonder how well the ct5BW would do with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 R Connects?
Agreed. Also noticed their car only had $8k in options, so had to be steel brakes, and it also had a sunroof.

I’m seeing those things come down close to MSRP now, from huge markups.
At least as far as 0-60 and 1/4 mile, they're almost identical to a 2-generation-old E9x M3.

If I was in the market along that line, I’d get a ZL1 1LE with the track package and manual transmission. Looks like the Dark Horse is missing the rodeo. Ugly dash, even more so in person and it’s just not that much of an upgrade over the 350.

If I was in the market along that line, I’d get a ZL1 1LE with the track package and manual transmission. Looks like the Dark Horse is missing the rodeo. Ugly dash, even more so in person and it’s just not that much of an upgrade over the 350.
Saw one at a car show recently. I was totally blown away at how gawd awful they made that thing inside and out. Not a Ford fan that's for sure but they absolutely ruined the Mustang.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back