Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Media dumps

I loved the part in the article where Mirza was quoted as saying he wanted the sound to "scare small children". And then how it did so. That was especially funny because my boys literally jump when I start my car in the garage with them watching, its great!

I loved the part in the article where Mirza was quoted as saying he wanted the sound to "scare small children". And then how it did so. That was especially funny because my boys literally jump when I start my car in the garage with them watching, its great!
He gets his friends to stand behind the car too for when I start it up... and they still jump (and giggle) even though they anticipated the rumble!

Anyone else notice the shirt that he's wearing?
Yeah, I had sent out the link to the shirt on the company social page the day it came out. I sent him the article and said Nice Shirt on Facebook lol.

I'm not really interested in collecting cars. My 4BW is a daily driver. What I will say is that this article smacks of considerable truth. I considered the C8 but frankly, it simply doesn't suit my needs as a daily driven track toy.

Performance wise, 0-60 times excluded, the 4BW can run with nearly anything packing less than 500hp from a roll. The Base C8 is a missile from a stop but I have personally gotten the drop on several who expected they would simply just walk the V. Even without an extra cooling package, the 4BW stays cool when pushed hard at the track. From what I've witnessed personally z51 is a must for anybody who is going to push at a track in the C8, it needs the extra cooling. Whereas the 4BW is running a cooling system designed for the heat output of a much larger more powerful engine. IT does retain heat in the bay(or at least the oil does) longer than the C8 when parked though, which I'm still trying to determine is good or bad. On one hand, you don't heat cycle the engine or the oil as much on a track or multi-stop errand day, but on the other hand, the oil stays hot longer, am I coking my turbos???? The point is the 4BW has demonstrated several times now that it is more than happy to drive from the house, do a track day and then go out to eat after with no issues. I have seen the non-z51 C8 guys go into limp mode on more than one occasion during the Texas summer near the end of a trackday. I will admit that even when we are driving like hooligans the C8 does tend to get better range on a tank of fuel though.

Ergonomically as much as I want to love the C8 it simply isn't compatible with my 6'4 "tall 265lbs frame. No matter how I position the seats, there simply isn't enough head and knee room. I can not shaking the feeling that my body is twisted so that my feet are pointed toward the center of the car instead in front of me in the C8. And of course, the windshield rake means I have to duck down to see traffic lights overhead and intersections. Lastly, I still like wrenching on my cars and the C8 has been an absolute pain in the rear to work on, minor things like changing an engine cover, or diff fluid fill, or air cleaner changes on it have been way more work than necessary. Especially since you have to build a platform to get over the fenders (Z06 is going to be even worse). Would I own one? Sure but not for me to drive or maintain.

Practicality is another, even with a frunk the 4BW has more useable cargo space than the C8. Don't get me started about how I have come to love having four doors instead of two. PARKING!!!! not just in public but in my own tight little garage. I can actually fully open the doors without fear of hitting my other vehicles. That's important because the 4BW is also low and getting in and out requires a bit of working room for a person my size.

To be fair I'm not looking forward to doing the plugs and coil packs on the 4BW when the time comes. Like the ATS-V before it, the engine is set way back in the bay (it's technically a front mid-engine car Lol) so getting to the rear banks requires removing quite a bit of the upper intake for my large hands to access them. But still less disassembly than a C8 for the same job.

Modern DCT's are great to use but the jury is still out on their long-term durability. With auto rev match on, the 4BW 6M is the best of the manual and automatic worlds combined. That in itself makes the car simply way more fun to drive, even on the most routine of grocery-getting trips.

Lastly the sleeper factor. Those that know, know the 4BW and on a recent fun run with the Houston Corvette Club despite the fact that I actually passed several vettes going much quicker on several occasions, the local LEOs chose to roll past my inconspicuous black business sedan to pull over some of their group members. I guess that is price of looking fast sitting still. I guess now that the car has BLACKWING emblazoned on trunk lid, people will stop asking but I don't think johnny law will read it before making up his mind to fire up the cherries and berries for it when something much more exotic screaming I have disposable income is also in the view.

Thoughts????

I'm not really interested in collecting cars. My 4BW is a daily driver. What I will say is that this article smacks of considerable truth. I considered the C8 but frankly, it simply doesn't suit my needs as a daily driven track toy.

Performance wise, 0-60 times excluded, the 4BW can run with nearly anything packing less than 500hp from a roll. The Base C8 is a missile from a stop but I have personally gotten the drop on several who expected they would simply just walk the V. Even without an extra cooling package, the 4BW stays cool when pushed hard at the track. From what I've witnessed personally z51 is a must for anybody who is going to push at a track in the C8, it needs the extra cooling. Whereas the 4BW is running a cooling system designed for the heat output of a much larger more powerful engine. IT does retain heat in the bay(or at least the oil does) longer than the C8 when parked though, which I'm still trying to determine is good or bad. On one hand, you don't heat cycle the engine or the oil as much on a track or multi-stop errand day, but on the other hand, the oil stays hot longer, am I coking my turbos???? The point is the 4BW has demonstrated several times now that it is more than happy to drive from the house, do a track day and then go out to eat after with no issues. I have seen the non-z51 C8 guys go into limp mode on more than one occasion during the Texas summer near the end of a trackday. I will admit that even when we are driving like hooligans the C8 does tend to get better range on a tank of fuel though.

Ergonomically as much as I want to love the C8 it simply isn't compatible with my 6'4 "tall 265lbs frame. No matter how I position the seats, there simply isn't enough head and knee room. I can not shaking the feeling that my body is twisted so that my feet are pointed toward the center of the car instead in front of me in the C8. And of course, the windshield rake means I have to duck down to see traffic lights overhead and intersections. Lastly, I still like wrenching on my cars and the C8 has been an absolute pain in the rear to work on, minor things like changing an engine cover, or diff fluid fill, or air cleaner changes on it have been way more work than necessary. Especially since you have to build a platform to get over the fenders (Z06 is going to be even worse). Would I own one? Sure but not for me to drive or maintain.

Practicality is another, even with a frunk the 4BW has more useable cargo space than the C8. Don't get me started about how I have come to love having four doors instead of two. PARKING!!!! not just in public but in my own tight little garage. I can actually fully open the doors without fear of hitting my other vehicles. That's important because the 4BW is also low and getting in and out requires a bit of working room for a person my size.

To be fair I'm not looking forward to doing the plugs and coil packs on the 4BW when the time comes. Like the ATS-V before it, the engine is set way back in the bay (it's technically a front mid-engine car Lol) so getting to the rear banks requires removing quite a bit of the upper intake for my large hands to access them. But still less disassembly than a C8 for the same job.

Modern DCT's are great to use but the jury is still out on their long-term durability. With auto rev match on, the 4BW 6M is the best of the manual and automatic worlds combined. That in itself makes the car simply way more fun to drive, even on the most routine of grocery-getting trips.

Lastly the sleeper factor. Those that know, know the 4BW and on a recent fun run with the Houston Corvette Club despite the fact that I actually passed several vettes going much quicker on several occasions, the local LEOs chose to roll past my inconspicuous black business sedan to pull over some of their group members. I guess that is price of looking fast sitting still. I guess now that the car has BLACKWING emblazoned on trunk lid, people will stop asking but I don't think johnny law will read it before making up his mind to fire up the cherries and berries for it when something much more exotic screaming I have disposable income is also in the view.

Thoughts????
One swing, 16 penny sunk. well put . And as it looks u road race scoots .

Another bad ass Caddy doing some business!

20230128_145041.jpg

“Obviously if you’re getting one of these things you want a rear wheel drive experience, that’s what sets this apart from the M5s and all the other stuff out there that’s all wheel drive and more sanitized. This is more of an animal. You’re buying it because you want an animal, and it delivers on that experience.”

“Even with the windows up you can still hear all those crackles and pops and that glorious V8 sound. It never, ever got old, this thing. I just wanted to keep hearing it over and over and over again.”

“It’s a vehicle that’s going to go down in history as one of the all-time greats and it’s also going to go down as a collectible, especially if you get a manual transmission version, but even the automatics here are going to be very highly sought after forever.”

“...it’s one of the most fun cars I’ve ever driven, full stop."

“Hands down, one of the best cars I’ve ever driven. I absolutely love it."

“What a special car these things are. I absolutely love them, and I will say one last time, I wholeheartedly support anyone that can afford one of these things, if you’re even remotely tempted by it, go for it. It will not disappoint you. It will blow your mind and I, oh, basically I can guarantee this will over deliver on what you’re expecting out of it. It is just that good, and I just absolutely love it. I can’t give this thing higher praise."

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back