Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Media dumps

I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't a bit disappointed in the 4's results vs. the M3.
It was vs the M3 comp which has more power and AWD. The price delta there gets pretty big. You can crack $100k on a loaded M3 comp. A 6mt RWD M3 would have been a nice fight with the 4. Again, the 4 had a few tenths left on the table, they admitted they got spooked.

It was vs the M3 comp which has more power and AWD. The price delta there gets pretty big. You can crack $100k on a loaded M3 comp. A 6mt RWD M3 would have been a nice fight with the 4. Again, the 4 had a few tenths left on the table, they admitted they got spooked.
Understood, I was just hoping for a giant killer. ;)

Understood, I was just hoping for a giant killer. ;)
LOL

I am there with you. My local buddy has a $96k M3 Comp AWD and I wanted to rub it in his face.

But if you look at the historical times, 2.55 is pretty awesome. This is faster than an M2 Comp by a FEW seconds.

Pretty sure this is the same 4 Blackwing TheTopher did his video in, but a night drive:

We know the CT4 can run a 2:52.5 from the Cadillac test driver.

The M3 comp is a monster. Its also within 700 bucks of the CT5 Blackwing, which ran a 2:49.4.

I agree with Ungwei, that Mach 1 put down a stunning time, hats off to them.

The CT5-V BW beat:

2012 Ferrari 458
2017 NSX
2020 Cayman GT4
2015 911 GT3
2014 Ferrari F12
2017 Audi R8 V10 Plus by almost 7 seconds

Not bad for a full-size sedan with heated, cooled, and massaging seats. And other than the Cayman, the only one offered with a manual!

For the lightning lap they don't say what options were used to get to the base cost but that 4 was pretty much loaded Class: LL3 | Base: $67,515 | As Tested: $78,985

oh automatic and carbon fiber would get it there
Right, true base would have put it in LL2 but, they use a base price that would give them the quickest time hence auto & carbon.

Only worth the watch if you have absolutely nothing else better to do. Standard walk around that's no different than other walk arounds. Driving scenes are marred by getting stuck in Miami traffic for about 90% of his time behind the wheel.

Only worth the watch if you have absolutely nothing else better to do. Standard walk around that's no different than other walk arounds. Driving scenes are marred by getting stuck in Miami traffic for about 90% of his time behind the wheel.
1. I hate Shmee. I never heard of him till I started looking at BMWs. He’s so annoying.
2. That was the worst review ever. I watched it last night and was like wtf did I just watch (I had nothing better to do). Thx for posting though! lol

The democratization of media really is a mixed bag. I mean, why does this guy exist?

Sure, it's been great to see tons of stuff I never would have with the usual curation by networks and studios. But the flip side is really painful. I mean, for every Slo Mo Guys, you inevitably get a Doug DeMuro and at least three 'reaction channels' plus probably a couple of influencers.

Maybe that's not 100% fair- the guys that are supposed to know better purposely created Real Housewives of <insert city> and Fletch... But at least those both involved the hiring of a camera man, right?

The democratization of media really is a mixed bag. I mean, why does this guy exist?

Sure, it's been great to see tons of stuff I never would have with the usual curation by networks and studios. But the flip side is really painful. I mean, for every Slo Mo Guys, you inevitably get a Doug DeMuro and at least three 'reaction channels' plus probably a couple of influencers.

Maybe that's not 100% fair- the guys that are supposed to know better purposely created Real Housewives of <insert city> and Fletch... But at least those both involved the hiring of a camera man, right?
I have a channel for my diecast car collection and do weekly reviews. I'm doing ok, 1.5million views, 8300 subscribers.

But the big popular stuff...unboxing videos. People watching people open boxes. Seriously. I had to start showing the packaging which is good info, but people will bitch that I'm not unboxing them on camera. Sigh.

I have a channel for my diecast car collection and do weekly reviews. I'm doing ok, 1.5million views, 8300 subscribers.

But the big popular stuff...unboxing videos. People watching people open boxes. Seriously. I had to start showing the packaging which is good info, but people will bitch that I'm not unboxing them on camera. Sigh.
OT but I have a massive diecast collection that I’d like to get rid of. It was my father in-laws who passed in 2015. Every inch of the garage is covered in cars. Different sizes, all still in the packaging. I have no idea where to begin with it. I know I need to pull it all down and catalog it first. It’s all NASCAR stuff.

OT but I have a massive diecast collection that I’d like to get rid of. It was my father in-laws who passed in 2015. Every inch of the garage is covered in cars. Different sizes, all still in the packaging. I have no idea where to begin with it. I know I need to pull it all down and catalog it first. It’s all NASCAR stuff.
Meh, too bad about it being Nascar. I do 1/18 and bigger, the detailed stuff. EBay SOLD listings gives you values, just tedious as hell for a large lot of cars. Good luck!

Meh, too bad about it being Nascar. I do 1/18 and bigger, the detailed stuff. EBay SOLD listings gives you values, just tedious as hell for a large lot of cars. Good luck!
Exactly. Some of the older stuff is cool (60s cars) but otherwise I have no interest. Thanks!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back