Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Media dumps

And you forgot how many times he mentions how it gives him the giggles. And it really does. I can't EVER remember a vehicle making me laugh, giggle and smile every time I drive it. I, too, love this car. I'm blessed to own it.

“Obviously if you’re getting one of these things you want a rear wheel drive experience, that’s what sets this apart from the M5s and all the other stuff out there that’s all wheel drive and more sanitized. This is more of an animal. You’re buying it because you want an animal, and it delivers on that experience.”

“Even with the windows up you can still hear all those crackles and pops and that glorious V8 sound. It never, ever got old, this thing. I just wanted to keep hearing it over and over and over again.”

“It’s a vehicle that’s going to go down in history as one of the all-time greats and it’s also going to go down as a collectible, especially if you get a manual transmission version, but even the automatics here are going to be very highly sought after forever.”

“...it’s one of the most fun cars I’ve ever driven, full stop."

“Hands down, one of the best cars I’ve ever driven. I absolutely love it."

“What a special car these things are. I absolutely love them, and I will say one last time, I wholeheartedly support anyone that can afford one of these things, if you’re even remotely tempted by it, go for it. It will not disappoint you. It will blow your mind and I, oh, basically I can guarantee this will over deliver on what you’re expecting out of it. It is just that good, and I just absolutely love it. I can’t give this thing higher praise."
Let me get this straight, you like it? LOL........ I agree, they are awesome!

Upcoming weekend at Bradenton. unbelievably enough a certified NHRA host losing ground to exist, like
IMG_8917.jpg
the ICE?.....

Something to be said as my editorial is about a car's tech correcting the driver's faults. old school shit just didn't have the luxury of todays toys....

They (media) can call qualify the BW as the "best sedan" all they want, but I think it's an all around great performance car that happens have (4) doors. If they brought back a coupe version would it be any more of a sports car? I don't think it would.

Not a Blackwing video per say, but since so many reviewers only faulting of the 4BW is the engine sound, I invite you to listen to some of what I might agree are some very beautiful sounding engines. As someone who used to daily an FType, I'll let you judge for yourself how much closer the 4BW's twin turbo LF4 V6 sounds to the big cats supercharged V8 than an M3/4 I6.

I think that's the issue the LF4 has, in that it sounds more like a V8 than either an I6 or V6, but clearly is not a V8, that it straddles the segments much like the cars it powers do.

And for the record, I prefer the sound of the Supercharged LT4 in the CT5, ZL1, and Zo6 than the excessively whiney Hellcat Hemis.

I really like the I6 sound better than a V6. The exhuast pulse timing is just inherently going to produce a nice sound.

I really like the I6 sound better than a V6. The exhuast pulse timing is just inherently going to produce a nice sound.
I can see that, however with regards to the LF4, to me it sounds closer to a V8 than what I ever would expect from a V6, while I6s tend to have their own very unique sound. It definitely announces its presence even though it's quiet in the cabin.

Not a Blackwing video per say, but since so many reviewers only faulting of the 4BW is the engine sound, I invite you to listen to some of what I might agree are some very beautiful sounding engines. As someone who used to daily an FType, I'll let you judge for yourself how much closer the 4BW's twin turbo LF4 V6 sounds to the big cats supercharged V8 than an M3/4 I6.

I think that's the issue the LF4 has, in that it sounds more like a V8 than either an I6 or V6, but clearly is not a V8, that it straddles the segments much like the cars it powers do.

And for the record, I prefer the sound of the Supercharged LT4 in the CT5, ZL1, and Zo6 than the excessively whiney Hellcat Hemis.

Little bit disappointed to listen to this video as they go through the 4-cylinder sounds without including a V-4. Yeah, I know, it's exceedingly rare in cars, but still. :)

I think the V-4 is my all-time favorite engine. Sounds great and has perfect primary balance (no counterbalancer needed, no rubber mounts, not even rubber on the pegs), just incredibly smooth.

Sounds fantastic in old Honda V-4s with gear-driven cams, but an old Yamaha V-Max also sounds pretty good. :)

RAW V4 SOUND Honda vfr750

Yamaha V-MAX 1200 engine sound

Maybe I am weird but I find the CT4BW sounds quite good, much better than any other modern V6 I can think of. Does my boosted BMW straight 6 sound great, yeah, it does. But it doesn't magically trump the LF4.

Maybe I am weird but I find the CT4BW sounds quite good, much better than any other modern V6 I can think of. Does my boosted BMW straight 6 sound great, yeah, it does. But it doesn't magically trump the LF4.
That's what I'm trying to get at. I don't think you're comment is weird at all, of course, I could also be weird so my affirmation would be of no effect. LOL

Reviewers knock the LF4 for nothing but sound alone. You never hear or read it lacks power, revs too, slow or too low. It gets dinged for not being a V8 because it doesn't sound like a V8. But actually, listen to some modern V8s. The LF4 sounds much more like a 5.0 V8 than it does any other V6.

I6s are ok but they aren't the end all be all of 6-cylinder engine sounds, they are very distinct though. In much the same way Zumi headers are a very distinct sound from other V8 exhaust configurations. Is it actually better, or what's expected for the segment?

Lastly, the Blackwing team made the cabins so quiet you really don't understand just how raw and aggressive they both are until you've had one drive up or past you. The new M3/M4 simply doesn't have that kind of presence or effect. As a kid my Dad had a hemi-powered dodge van. I could tell when he was about to come home before he actually turned onto our street, and certainly before he could pull into our driveway. My wife and son constantly say the same thing about the Blackwing. And if my C7 & C8 owning neighbors think the LF4 sounds amazing, I think maybe we aren't weird at all.

Lastly, the Blackwing team made the cabins so quiet you really don't understand just how raw and aggressive they both are until you've had one drive up or past you.
I agree. Put the back seats down, switch to track mode and you’ll be wowed by the exhaust noise.

Last edited:
I owned both a CT4-V Blackwing and a 2022 S58 powered M4. I will take the Cadillac exhaust note all day long, and it is not even close. I would declare the S58 average at best. And inside the car, with the BMW enhanced exhaust sound engaged - deplorable. Probably the single worst "feature" on any car I have ever owned.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back