Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Jacking up your Blackwing

I changed my oil on Friday and used two floor jacks with the rectangular Quickjack blocks. Worked pretty well, but very limited space for the jack stands. Think I will order some of the ZL1 Addons. The oil really shoots the hell out of there and at first I missed the pan.

Jacks-Copy.jpg

I changed my oil on Friday and used two floor jacks with the rectangular Quickjack blocks. Worked pretty well, but very limited space for the jack stands. Think I will order some of the ZL1 Addons. The oil really shoots the hell out of there and at first I missed the pan.

Jacks-Copy.jpg
The mono badges look best on Shadow Metallic. Must have for that color.

The pinch weld adapters are great but for oil changes I finally bit the bullet and bought a set of 67" Race Ramps. Expensive but these things are awesome as save a bunch of time getting the car in the air. They are also very light and easy to store.

Screen Shot 2022-10-30 at 8.25.13 PM.png

You don't prefer ramps for oil changes? If the wheels aren't coming off, ramps are my go to.
I did think about the ramps, but I don’t have any room left in my garage for really anything more. I had one Arcan 3 ton Aluminum floor jack I’ve had for 10 years and it’s so wonderful I bought another. Having two floor jacks is super easy and fast to get the car up in the air.

I don’t put much mileage on my car so the extra 15 minutes it takes to use the floor jacks doesn’t justify the cost of something else.

I did think about the ramps, but I don’t have any room left in my garage for really anything more. I had one Arcan 3 ton Aluminum floor jack I’ve had for 10 years and it’s so wonderful I bought another. Having two floor jacks is super easy and fast to get the car up in the air.

I don’t put much mileage on my car so the extra 15 minutes it takes to use the floor jacks doesn’t justify the cost of something else.
I use some old Rhino ramps that are not very expensive. I store them hanging on the wall.

I did think about the ramps, but I don’t have any room left in my garage for really anything more.
Your garage looks very sanitary (and empty), so "not much room left" is definitely in the eye of the beholder. My garage is orderly, but it has a lot of stuff stacked in it, including ramps.

Shadow is the BEST color!

The mono emblems are the only way to go with Shadow. I ordered those around day 2 of ownership.
Where did you get them again?

Never mind. Found them. For some reason I was thinking they didn't have them if you have the svr camera on the grill.

But did see this:
  • For use with vehicles without Enhanced Automatic Emergency Braking
  • Not for use with vehicles with Adaptive Cruise Control

Your garage looks very sanitary (and empty), so "not much room left" is definitely in the eye of the beholder. My garage is orderly, but it has a lot of stuff stacked in it, including ramps.

Shadow is the BEST color!
The picture is deceiving. I moved my Jeep out and parked in the middle of the car area of the garage. It’s a ~1000 sqft garage for 4 cars tandem parked. But the back half of the garage is a workshop with a 4x8’ table and an unbelievable amount of stuff in there.

I’m not going to say I can’t fit more stuff in there, because it’s always possible, but as it is it can be difficult to get to things. A better statement would be that I have very little desire to add more stuff that doesn’t serve a real need. Ramps are great, but they don’t do anything that two floor jacks can’t do, except save 15m of time. If I was doing this once a month it may be worth it.

I have the CF side splitters and there is simply no room between the edge of the splitter and the pinch weld point up front. I ordered about 6 different of those pads with the split for the pinch weld with diameters of 2" to 3" and none would work up front. The 3" were too close to the side splitter and the 2" were too narrow to feel safe w. So I put my floor jack under the aluminum frame piece just to the inside of the pinch weld and set the floor jack lift point around that large nut holding that frame piece on. It seems plenty strong at least when I pulled the wheels to ceramic coat them and change the brake pads for ceramic pads. In the rear you can uses the pinch weld pads as the splitter cuts away a bit to give you room to safely use them without endangering your CF.

I have the CF side splitters and there is simply no room between the edge of the splitter and the pinch weld point up front. I ordered about 6 different of those pads with the split for the pinch weld with diameters of 2" to 3" and none would work up front. The 3" were too close to the side splitter and the 2" were too narrow to feel safe w. So I put my floor jack under the aluminum frame piece just to the inside of the pinch weld and set the floor jack lift point around that large nut holding that frame piece on. It seems plenty strong at least when I pulled the wheels to ceramic coat them and change the brake pads for ceramic pads. In the rear you can uses the pinch weld pads as the splitter cuts away a bit to give you room to safely use them without endangering your CF.
I’m using the zl1 addons bolt on lift pads with zero issues. Cf2 car

I bought the ZL1 add one stealth blocks and I can’t get them on either. There is a piece of plastic on the inside of the pinch weld and you can’t get the block high enough up to screw in the set screws. The only thing I can think of is to cut away the plastic. This is on a 5BW with CF2.

I bought the ZL1 add one stealth blocks and I can’t get them on either. There is a piece of plastic on the inside of the pinch weld and you can’t get the block high enough up to screw in the set screws. The only thing I can think of is to cut away the plastic. This is on a 5BW with CF2.
That’s odd, I just pressed mine up and had no issues bolting them on with the provided set screws

That’s odd, I just pressed mine up and had no issues bolting them on with the provided set screws
No CF side skirts on mine, and this is what I did. Jacked it up a couple times now with no issues.

See second pic.

Doing the first oil change on my 4BW over the weekend, I found the bolt that runs though the aluminum front brace next to the lift cutout is about the best place to lift the front of the car with a standard floor jack. However, I could not find a good place to put a jack stand. But I have two floor jacks, so just lifted each side to do the oil change. The differential is a good lift point for the rear. The factory chassis lift point is too soft, and will bend if you try to lift or put a floor jack there. I tried carefully and saw it was starting to flex, so aborted.

Here are some pictures of the issue with the ZL1addons jacking pads on the 5BW.
13DB4A3E-7332-483E-8A0D-DAE8F70B16F9.jpeg

845E8048-8CB6-4CE6-BDF6-12798857DF8F.jpeg

I am going to use the spot in the front where you can see they lifted it at the factory (you can see the scratches) but I still haven't figured out where they lifted at the rear.
76FCB8D9-4B8A-4C9D-B90B-CDDF887C05BA.jpeg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners