Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Jacking up your Blackwing

Got around to carefully taking a look at the jack points and noticed that on both the front and rear there are plastic pieces right underneath the the outboard side of the pinch seams. These would likely crack if one used this location with a jack pad/adapter. Not that it would be that big a deal if they cracked, but decided to go with the Quickjack blocks as they fit perfecting in the jack point areas. They are 4"x3"x3" (L x W x H) and the 3" height is a real plus in clearing the side rocker panels. Used Amazon points so it wasn't painful.

I looked into sourcing some polyurethane material from McMaster-Carr and it really wasn't much cheaper than buying the blocks premade and saves me from doing another small project.

Jack Regions.png

Last edited:

Got these, and they fit nicely.

View attachment 11890
Did not fit in my 4 :(

Got around to carefully taking a look at the jack points and noticed that on both the front and rear there are plastic pieces right underneath the the outboard side of the pinch seams. These would likely crack if one used this location with a jack pad/adapter. Not that it would be that big a deal if they cracked, but decided to go with the Quickjack blocks as they fit perfecting in the jack point areas. They are 4"x3"x3" (L x W x H) and the 3" height is a real plus in clearing the side rocker panels. Used Amazon points so it wasn't painful.

I looked into sourcing some polyurethane material from McMaster-Carr and it really wasn't much cheaper than buying the blocks premade and saves me from doing another small project.

View attachment 11968
I tested jacking one corner up after installing the pads and had no issues with the plastic cracking.

I tested jacking one corner up after installing the pads and had no issues with the plastic cracking.
Glad to hear it worked out. My concern is that the weight on the vehicle is going to have the plastic compressed between the jack pad and the car. It doesn't really appear that they intended that location to be used. - Maybe I'm wrong since the diagrams are not very clear.

Glad to hear it worked out. My concern is that the weight on the vehicle is going to have the plastic compressed between the jack pad and the car. It doesn't really appear that they intended that location to be used. - Maybe I'm wrong since the diagrams are not very clear.
No, I think you're right, especially when taking into account what Mirza wrote. I didn't know how to accommodate the front part you and Mirza mentioned since when I checked, it appeared that part is angled. The pinch weld area seems safe enough for me, especially since I'm just going to be using it for swapping wheels.

Do you recall what aspect didn’t fit? Were they too long for the cutouts?

For those using a QuickJack, you are using the extended frame version, right?
I have the quickjack extensions for a smaller quickjack, and it's still not long enough for the CT5. The only quickjack I would buy right now is the biggest one made for Teslas.

Anyone figure out the best solution for the 4BW? It looks like the Camaro jack pads for the 5BW but the the 4BW.

I have the quickjack extensions for a smaller quickjack, and it's still not long enough for the CT5. The only quickjack I would buy right now is the biggest one made for Teslas.
Thanks for the reply. I have a -5000 with the EXT frames. You are saying that the lift points are more than 66" apart? That seems...excessive.

I have only run into SUVs with lift point spreads that exceed 66".

Edit, so I did some measuring. The total span between the pinch weld cutouts is exactly 62 inches. The total length of the quickjack extension is 66 inches BUUUUT, you have to account for the rubber block in there. So, a 4 inch rubber block on each end means the extensions can be used on total span between pinch weld cutouts of 58 inches. Even if you could turn the blocks sideways that would only help out 1 inch per end, so it still wouldn't work.
Thanks for the reply. I have a -5000 with the EXT frames. You are saying that the lift points are more than 66" apart? That seems...excessive.

I have only run into SUVs with lift point spreads that exceed 66".

Last edited:
Edit, so I did some measuring. The total span between the pinch weld cutouts is exactly 62 inches. The total length of the quickjack extension is 66 inches BUUUUT, you have to account for the rubber block in there. So, a 4 inch rubber block on each end means the extensions can be used on total span between pinch weld cutouts of 58 inches. Even if you could turn the blocks sideways that would only help out 1 inch per end, so it still wouldn't work.
I also just checked out the quickjack website and the way they describe "max lift point spread" is BS for exactly the reason I described. Best case scenario is subtract 6 inches off of their description. Even if you were lifting from a point (not a pinch weld) I don't see how a 66 inch long platform can safely lift two points 66 inches apart.

I also just checked out the quickjack website and the way they describe "max lift point spread" is BS for exactly the reason I described. Best case scenario is subtract 6 inches off of their description. Even if you were lifting from a point (not a pinch weld) I don't see how a 66 inch long platform can safely lift two points 66 inches apart.
And that's a good point. I use the -5000 with my SS 1LE, Accord and Wrangler. I certainly wouldn't want to lift the BW with the lift point hanging on the end of the blocks.

If you don't already have a set of these, I can't recommend them enough. To me, the blocks that come with the QJ are too tall and narrow.

These fix that problem.

And that's a good point. I use the -5000 with my SS 1LE, Accord and Wrangler. I certainly wouldn't want to lift the BW with the lift point hanging on the end of the blocks.

If you don't already have a set of these, I can't recommend them enough. To me, the blocks that come with the QJ are too tall and narrow.

These fix that problem.

Mine actually came with those, but I bought the slotted ones which I like even better. However, this quickjack is getting less and less useful.

I found what I think is a decent jacking method for the rear of the car. Due to the flooding in Texas, I managed to pick up screws in both of my rear tires at the same time! So I needed a stable way to hold the car up for an extended period of time so I could get Discount Tire to repair the tires. By removing 3 of the clips on the plastic cover for the rear control arm, I was able to jack there until the center of the car was high enough to put 2 jack stands under the center bar for the rear end. I think this is a pretty good method. But maybe I'm
IMG-1323.jpg
IMG-1324.jpg
IMG-1325.jpg
destroying the car somehow. lol

I found what I think is a decent jacking method for the rear of the car. Due to the flooding in Texas, I managed to pick up screws in both of my rear tires at the same time! So I needed a stable way to hold the car up for an extended period of time so I could get Discount Tire to repair the tires. By removing 3 of the clips on the plastic cover for the rear control arm, I was able to jack there until the center of the car was high enough to put 2 jack stands under the center bar for the rear end. I think this is a pretty good method. But maybe I'mView attachment 12089View attachment 12090View attachment 12091 destroying the car somehow. lol
A bit narrow. 😬

I found what I think is a decent jacking method for the rear of the car. Due to the flooding in Texas, I managed to pick up screws in both of my rear tires at the same time! So I needed a stable way to hold the car up for an extended period of time so I could get Discount Tire to repair the tires. By removing 3 of the clips on the plastic cover for the rear control arm, I was able to jack there until the center of the car was high enough to put 2 jack stands under the center bar for the rear end. I think this is a pretty good method. But maybe I'mView attachment 12089View attachment 12090View attachment 12091 destroying the car somehow. lol
Great spot. I use a similar spot on my 6th Gen when doing a diff service.

The cutouts were too narrow. Rocker plastic in the way
I know what you mean.

I wonder if these pads for the challenger would actually work? Take note of how skinny the one side is so it can clear the rocker plastic.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back