Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Jacking up your Blackwing

Found this part labeled Jack Pad for CT4 but can't make out where it actually resides?

Screen Shot 2022-08-28 at 6.11.24 PM.png

Glad to hear it worked out. My concern is that the weight on the vehicle is going to have the plastic compressed between the jack pad and the car. It doesn't really appear that they intended that location to be used. - Maybe I'm wrong since the diagrams are not very clear.
So I tested this again on the rear this time. There's no chance the plastic will crack since the gap between the lift pad edge and the car floor is greater than the thickness of the rocker plastic.

I have stumbled across this part some time ago. I believe they go on the front and is intended to be bolted on.

An
I have stumbled across this part some time ago. I believe they go on the front and is intended to be bolted on.
Anywhere near the pinch welds? Do you use just one or can they be installed on all four corners? Or is it some sort of pad you put in the center to jack the car from the front?

Is there a square hole right in the middle rear of the undertray that this thing would fit into? Is there one already on the car from factory?
I can't tell. If so, it is not obvious.

There is a block there on my 5. It sits flush with the underbelly cover.
View attachment 12249
I just went crawling under my 4BW and can't find it. The part says it fits a 4BW. If it is a center jacking point that is fine but I was curious if they bolted to the frame near the pinch welds. I reached out to ZL1 add-ons to inquire about a set of lift pads for the 4BWs. They do have them for the 5BW since it shares the Camaro chassis but the not the 4BW. I can use my existing pinch weld jack pad on front pinch weld, which should lift both tires off the ground from a single jack point but a set of permanent lift pads would be nice.

Huh, interesting. I did not notice that on my car when I had it jacked up from the left pinch weld. Could you possibly even get a floor jack to that thing? If it's centered, what is the real use?
Screen Shot 2022-08-30 at 11.42.38 AM.png

Here is a shot underneath the 4BW. I don't see it, or a spot where you would you bolt it.

Last edited:
Huh, interesting. I did not notice that on my car when I had it jacked up from the left pinch weld. Could you possibly even get a floor jack to that thing? If it's centered, what is the real use?
Could be used to put jack stands under the whole front end.

Jacking my car up for the first time tomorrow. I still don't see a proper obvious spot on the front of the car. If no one has a better image I am going to wing it and emulate the image above.

Jacking my car up for the first time tomorrow. I still don't see a proper obvious spot on the front of the car. If no one has a better image I am going to wing it and emulate the image above.
Those are the spots I used with my floor jack with round rubber pad from Amazon. I only did one wheel at a time with no jack stands, just to 303 graphene coat the inside of the wheels to save a couple hundred bucks having them ceramic coated would have cost. Those spots are on the pinch weld and I didn't see any damage after jacking (except to the rubber pad on the jack from the pinch weld). I also graphene coated the calipers and any other shiny metal I could easily reach like springs, shocks, and sway bar ends. I figured it would reduce corrosion over time in the wheel well area.

Last edited:
Those are the spots I used with my floor jack with round rubber pad from Amazon. I only did one wheel at a time with no jack stands, just to 303 graphene coat the inside of the wheels to save a couple hundred bucks having them ceramic coated would have cost. Those spots are on the pinch weld and I didn't see any damage after jacking (except to the rubber pad on the jack from the pinch weld). I also graphene coated the calipers and any other shiny metal I could easily reach like springs, shocks, and sway bar ends. I figured it would reduce corrosion over time in the wheel well area.
I bought the square rubber pads from Amazon for Quickjacks linked above. I too am going to coat the wheels and calipers while I test fit.

Looking forward to your feedback. That’s the downside of having a special limited number car - less incentive for aftermarket.
We need to start a petition for Girodisc to create 4+5 BW rotors !

I don't have a lift, but really want one. I gather if one is shopping for a Quickjack, best bet is the 6000ELX? The 5000TLX (extended version) has a lift point spread of 66" and is a few hundred cheaper.

I used the previously mentioned jack pads from ZL1 addons. Then, just placed the stands in the front on the lift points, and in the rear used the rear frame behind the diff. In the rear, I didn't have room to place the jack stands on the lift points while it was lifted with the jack. See pics below. No issues.

PXL_20221029_161144204.jpg
PXL_20221029_165207445.jpg
PXL_20221029_161224355.jpg
PXL_20221029_164524881.jpg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace