Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Jacking up your Blackwing

I used one of these I had sitting around and it worked fine* on my CT5 using a floor jack.

* I had previously shaved part of one side of this thing to clear the sills another car, which probably improved the fit, but I suspect it would work right out of the box - plus the two/four packs are comparatively cheap as dirt.

31I-RCrB6wL._AC_.jpg

DEDC Jack Rubber Pad

Great idea but...$85 for a piece of urethane? :oops:
Yeah, unfortunately you have to buy 4 at a time. However, I bought the one posted later on (a year or three earlier) and it's much softer, and the pinch weld almost cut it in half. The quickjack ones are very very dense and fit perfectly on the 5BW (and my cars before it). It's still a hell of a lot cheaper than dropping the car off the jack or bending a rocker.

I don’t like to skimp on tool quality. Makes the difference between a fun job and a PITA.
I've always said that doing a job incorrectly takes 3 times as long (or more). 1 hour to do the job, 1 hour to undo the incorrect job you just did, and 1 hour to do the job correctly. That doesn't include using the wrong tools to do the job along the way.

Got these, and they fit nicely.

PXL_20220820_004451920.jpg

View attachment 11890
on a 4BW or 5BW?

View attachment 11890
That's interesting - might have to try them. I'm guessing since thr camaro and BW are use the same frame, they should hopefully be able to use the same products.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back