Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Jacking up your Blackwing

So to confirm, these zl1s will work on a 5BW without CF rockers?

Camaro 16-23 Stealth Lift Pads

There are two kinds, the convertible seems more narrow and slim vs the coupe version.

@jumpmanjay I assume you bought the coupe version and you had no rubbing on the inner rockers in front or the back?

Im curious if the slim convertible version would work for those who have CF rockers.

FWIW, I've jacked up a dozen different cars with pinch welds, prob 100 times over the years and never had an issue bending the weld. I may have chipped paint but whenever I tried those fancy rubber pads I had stability issues. One thing i always make sure is to always jack it dead center of the pinch weld. I drop the vehicle right on the stand, metal on metal always seemed the safest. Plus a little lateral wiggle before I get underneath is safe, or throw a wheel underneath near you just in case.

As far as HF stuff, its typically the same product as they are just ripping off other brands designs. Sometimes the parts are made in the same factory. The difference is that HF cuts cost by implementing less QC. So essentially their defect rate is higher but you can always swap it out. That being said I don't completely trust my HF stands or jack so I put multiple Jack's under in case one of them fails.
They now have pad kit specifically for 5BW

Part # on kit. I cannot speak to fit with CF rocker but I don't see that there I a tremendous amount of difference.

Attachments

• PXL_20230208_230507915.jpg
    PXL_20230208_230507915.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 84
  • PXL_20230208_230245811.jpg
    PXL_20230208_230245811.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 89
Part # on kit. I cannot speak to fit with CF rocker but I don't see that there I a tremendous amount of difference.

Yeah they may just assume they fit. Thank you I didn't think about checking their site for our cars. I would hope that they would test fit them on both 4BW and 5BWs but who knows. I may call them to verify they did so.

Coincidentally the photos of the Blackwing mounts shown on their website look identical to the convertible ZL1 mounts, much slimmer than the ones you have.

1677626282234.png

Last edited:
I use the ZL1 Addons CT5V stealth mounts. I did not cut the plastic since the mounts bottom out on the pinch weld. Not sure if this is ideal, but in the 5 or 6 times I've jacked up the car it seems to work fine.

I use the ZL1 Addons CT5V stealth mounts. I did not cut the plastic since the mounts bottom out on the pinch weld. Not sure if this is ideal, but in the 5 or 6 times I've jacked up the car it seems to work fine.

The other Q is, will these mounts conflict with the bendpak lifts at the dealership?

The other Q is, will these mounts conflict with the bendpak lifts at the dealership?
I’m not sure, but the car was at the dealership and on the lift and they didn’t mention anything to me about that. Not that they give me much information anyway.

Just bought the ct5v stealth mounts. Apparently there's a sale until midnight tonight, reg price 89.99 down to like 77.39.

Well damn! Thank you both for hitting the easy button. I was scared to use the quick jack in this configuration due to weight distribution, and called Bendpak and they confirmed it is fine perpendicular. quick jack even has a video explaining that this is fine. I wish the lady I spoke to at Bendpak yesterday explained this. For anyone else's reference check the youtube video below if you are worried.

Does this actually work on the 5BW? I threw my extensions under the car real quick, just to see, and it didn't look like they were long enough. Maybe I didn't look closely enough.

this was all great info. Thanks @rubberduck for verifying they don't rub, I went with the Stealth versions. And thanks to @GTANotch88 a discount helped nudge me into buying these last night. I also bought the jack lock which seemed like a good thing to have lying around with a 15 year old HF jack.

I have these, used them yesterday had them on the car for 2 months. Several trips to the dealer no issues. I ordered the ones for the Zl1 at the tune.

I haven’t read the entire thread, so I don’t know if these have been posted already. I am a big fan of Jackpoint Jackstands Jackpoint Jackstands LLC – High Performance Jack Stands for Today's Car. These are quite popular in the Porsche community. I have tried them in Porsches, but not in a BW. The website shows they offer a jack pad that is compatible with pinch weld lift points. I presume the standard flat jack pad is compatible with the stealth pad referenced in other posts above. They are very safe and stable. You just use the appropriate jack pad and lift the vehicle using a compatible floor jack then slide the base around the jack and lower the vehicle on to the jack stand. Downsides are they aren’t cheap, they are often on back order(I waited about 8 weeks for mine) and they are not compatible with all of the floor jacks. I ended up buying a set after borrowing a friend’s. I am very happy with them.

Here is a quick video I found of them in action:

I haven’t read the entire thread, so I don’t know if these have been posted already. I am a big fan of Jackpoint Jackstands Jackpoint Jackstands LLC – High Performance Jack Stands for Today's Car. These are quite popular in the Porsche community. I have tried them in Porsches, but not in a BW. The website shows they offer a jack pad that is compatible with pinch weld lift points. I presume the standard flat jack pad is compatible with the stealth pad referenced in other posts above. They are very safe and stable. You just use the appropriate jack pad and lift the vehicle using a compatible floor jack then slide the base around the jack and lower the vehicle on to the jack stand. Downsides are they aren’t cheap, they are often on back order(I waited about 8 weeks for mine) and they are not compatible with all of the floor jacks. I ended up buying a set after borrowing a friend’s. I am very happy with them.

Here is a quick video I found of them in action:

I have been considering buying Rennstand. There is some adjustability in height. These options get around the problem about where to put a jack stand.

I got the stealth lifts today and went to look under the car and found a rubber hockey puck stuck to the driver side pinch weld. I just had the dealership changed the oil. Then I noticed the area where the 2 holes are completely bent. Both sides too.

I have never jacked it up, it's only been serviced by 1 dealer. I don't think they jack up a car when they do the PDI so it had to have been my local dealer.

Am I delusional or do these seem bent, and if so does this have any implications to the structural integrity?
20230302_141013.jpg

Attachments

• 20230302_141013.jpg
    20230302_141013.jpg
    551.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 20230302_141957.jpg
    20230302_141957.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 121
That is definitely bent. My frame holes are perfectly flat, but does have that fine line going around both holes, I expect from the supporting device on the production line.

As for jack stands, I just bought these at Harbor Freight - $90 with a $10 coupon so still not cheap, but a lot less than some of those others. I think the frame hole insert the others use is probably not necessary because I can't see the car slipping off these with the weight of the car on them.

Attachments

• PXL_20230302_234050778.jpg
    PXL_20230302_234050778.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 53
  • PXL_20230302_234105758.jpg
    PXL_20230302_234105758.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 66
That is definitely bent. My frame holes are perfectly flat, but does have that fine line going around both holes, I expect from the supporting device on the production line.

As for jack stands, I just bought these at Harbor Freight - $90 with a $10 coupon so still not cheap, but a lot less than some of those others. I think the frame hole insert the others use is probably not necessary because I can't see the car slipping off these with the weight of the car on them.
Ugh FM... I guess I have no recourse I can't prove anything, or does anyone have any recommendations as to how to go about rectifying this issue?

I did have the car towed once to the dealership when my coolant line cracked but I don't think they would have used those holes to hook on.

Those look like the esco jack stands...

IMG_2151.jpg

Last edited:
Why is the that inner frame hole discolored? Almost looks like there's no paint on there.

Why is the that inner frame hole discolored? Almost looks like there's no paint on there.
My guess is they use those locations to move the car through the assembly line. I wonder if there is a adapter located there during the paint process?

Anyway, I do find it annoying that GM will not simplify the jack/lift design for these cars. Even my son's Honda Civic has built-in lift points with welded tabs to put your jack on. My Tesla has simple mounting pucks that are installed at the lift locations, which work wonderful. It seems strange that we need the aftermarket has to come up with lift pucks, adapters, etc. and there's still no clean solution for the 4BW. The pinch weld lift pucks from ZL1 add-on won't fit and from what I read they don't plan to make some that will clear all the plastic trim. I have the ZL1 jack pad adapter, which works on the rear pinch weld locations but it kind of sketchy on the front.

My guess is they use those locations to move the car through the assembly line. I wonder if there is a adapter located there during the paint process?

Anyway, I do find it annoying that GM will not simplify the jack/lift design for these cars. Even my son's Honda Civic has built-in lift points with welded tabs to put your jack on. My Tesla has simple mounting pucks that are installed at the lift locations, which work wonderful. It seems strange that we need the aftermarket has to come up with lift pucks, adapters, etc. and there's still no clean solution for the 4BW. The pinch weld lift pucks from ZL1 add-on won't fit and from what I read they don't plan to make some that will clear all the plastic trim. I have the ZL1 jack pad adapter, which works on the rear pinch weld locations but it kind of sketchy on the front.

100% agree with this sentiment. BW looks to have worked to make this DIY stuff harder. My Camaro was a breeze to get lifted and it's also an Alpha chassis car.

One of the things I don't understand is why the Alpha2 did away with the mid-car jack point. On the Camaro, there are three lift/jack points per side. Was a no-brainer to get the jack on the middle one, lift and then put stands on the other jack points.

I had a QJ5000 (original model, not extended length) that worked great for all my (and my friends) cars. Didn't work with BW. Tried the side-to-side orientation, but the front frame blocked access to Oil and Tranny drains.

Ordered the ZL1 addons lift points...they don't fit. They won't sit flush due to plastic rocker trim.

I finally feel like I have a good method for getting it in the air, but it should not have been that difficult.

BTW - the QuickJack 6000ELX works perfectly.

I put my car on the scales last weekend at the season opener Time Trial and we had to move the pads because the wheelbase is so long.

Just looked and my car has those spots as well. Never noticed before. Mine has been on dealer lift twice and they are perfectly straight. No bends like in @Neveready shows in his photo.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back