Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Incoming 4 BW

JKM

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2024 CT4-V Blackwing
Figure I'll introduce myself now that my car appears to be built! Long time lurker of this forum which has provided me with a lot of useful information and has hopefully prepared me for my pending goat rodeo fun while my car waits to be shipped. The dealer I worked with mentioned that some of their XT4 orders are still pending shipment after 8 months, so I'll just be happy if it arrives in 2024 (can't say I'm too excited about how it'll look after sitting outside for the winter). I'm up in Canada, so even getting an allocation is still somewhat rare these days.

This will likely replace my '17 SS 1LE which is mostly a track car now, so the 4 BW will be used for track and daily driving duties. Part of me thinks I'll absolutely miss that V8 so I should instead trade in the Golf R and drive the 4 BW all year. We'll see.

Anyway, happy to be a part of the community, even if it's just the beginning of the goat rodeo phase!

Welcome and congrats!...I lurked for a couple of months as I was deciding on the 4 BW. I think you'll like it...and the engine pretty much feels like a v8 - very linear with good power. I just picked mine up in Atlanta Wednesday and drove it back home (Wash DC area)...very much still getting to know the car. Its a good one....you'll love it.

Which R do you have? I have a MK VI GTI - big turbo....its a little beast. My wife hates it though (too loud and turbo kick is wicked...scares her) and her condition for me getting the BW was I had to get rid of the GTI. So the plan is to pass it on to my eldest son....he's thrilled...though I never said when I'd be passing it on (not anytime soon....) lol

Thank you, and congrats as well! I noticed your post and I was second guessing my color combo after seeing yours! Beautiful spec.

I have a MK VII R, still stock believe it or not! The only changes I've done is drop down to 17" rims for more sidewall and a few basic VCDS tweaks. Great daily driver, no complaints. It's just not a car that urges me to get up early and just go for a drive or take the long way home. Hoping the 4 BW adds that extra bit of flavor I'm looking for. I think it will after watching and reading every review, at least twice :).

Welcome and congrats!...I lurked for a couple of months as I was deciding on the 4 BW. I think you'll like it...and the engine pretty much feels like a v8 - very linear with good power. I just picked mine up in Atlanta Wednesday and drove it back home (Wash DC area)...very much still getting to know the car. Its a good one....you'll love it.

Which R do you have? I have a MK VI GTI - big turbo....its a little beast. My wife hates it though (too loud and turbo kick is wicked...scares her) and her condition for me getting the BW was I had to get rid of the GTI. So the plan is to pass it on to my eldest son....he's thrilled...though I never said when I'd be passing it on (not anytime soon....) lol

Not sure how deliveries are going now as opposed to last year. My car was built in mid August if I remember correctly and was finally delivered at the end of January. I, like you, remember being concerned that it was sitting outside. It turned out that part wasn't nearly as stressful as the week it sat on the dealers lot waiting for them to deliver it to me. In the end it was all good! Greetings from your neighbor just across the border in Buffalo. You're gonna love the car!
20230127_145353.jpg
20230202_121339.jpg

Thank you, and congrats as well! I noticed your post and I was second guessing my color combo after seeing yours! Beautiful spec.

I have a MK VII R, still stock believe it or not! The only changes I've done is drop down to 17" rims for more sidewall and a few basic VCDS tweaks. Great daily driver, no complaints. It's just not a car that urges me to get up early and just go for a drive or take the long way home. Hoping the 4 BW adds that extra bit of flavor I'm looking for. I think it will after watching and reading every review, at least twice :).
In some ways I've having the opposite dilemma...I just love driving my GTI...I love small nimble and fast and I can run with anything in that car. I'm still very new with the BW and haven't bonded with it yet as I do with my cars. It was certainly very capable on mountain twisties and sweepers in the way I like, and a great highway cruiser... and the power is certainly there. I already like the drive very much....its going to be very fun...not sure it will inspire me the way smaller cars do. Its just me and my preferences (and I do think I will take to it). I think you'll love it....its an amazing vehicle - very very capable. Hope you get it soon and can let us know what you think.

Like you I devoured all the reviews and vids and became convinced that it is a special car and its likes may not be seen in the future. I'm glad to have picked it up and I'm sure my enthusiasm will grow with some more spirited driving...

In some ways I've having the opposite dilemma...I just love driving my GTI...I love small nimble and fast and I can run with anything in that car. I'm still very new with the BW and haven't bonded with it yet as I do with my cars. It was certainly very capable on mountain twisties and sweepers in the way I like, and a great highway cruiser... and the power is certainly there. I already like the drive very much....its going to be very fun...not sure it will inspire me the way smaller cars do. Its just me and my preferences (and I do think I will take to it). I think you'll love it....its an amazing vehicle - very very capable. Hope you get it soon and can let us know what you think.

Like you I devoured all the reviews and vids and became convinced that it is a special car and its likes may not be seen in the future. I'm glad to have picked it up and I'm sure my enthusiasm will grow with some more spirited driving...
368046326_9738870972849919_6675374291780408863_n.jpg

LOL....so true....however unlike others here, as much as I lust after so many of the new (and mostly practically unobtainable vehicles out there) - I have never felt the need to actually own most of these (except maybe the Cayman that wife won't let me have) and I don't go through lots of cars like many on these forums. Instead I really bond with the cars that I own and never want to get rid of them. If it wasn't for my wife's insistence we'd likely still own 3-4 of our older cars (that mostly got sold to neighbors or were given to charity).

4 BW is an amazing car...I'm really more upset that it means the days of owning (and driving) the GTI are coming to an end...I think I just need to start reminding myself that FWD sucks...

LOL....so true....however unlike others here, as much as I lust after so many of the new (and mostly practically unobtainable vehicles out there) - I have never felt the need to actually own most of these (except maybe the Cayman that wife won't let me have) and I don't go through lots of cars like many on these forums. Instead I really bond with the cars that I own and never want to get rid of them. If it wasn't for my wife's insistence we'd likely still own 3-4 of our older cars (that mostly got sold to neighbors or were given to charity).

4 BW is an amazing car...I'm really more upset that it means the days of owning (and driving) the GTI are coming to an end...I think I just need to start reminding myself that FWD sucks...
I completely get you! One of my other cars is a 997 Carrera S. I love and appreciate my Blackwing but it will never give me the kind of driving experience the Porsche does. How could it? It's a big heavy albeit nimble and quick sedan. I bought mine with different intentions than most. I bought it to replace my truck which was formerly my daily driver. Of course I changed my mind when it came to driving it in the winter. I decided to buy an older Ford Ranger with low miles for that purpose. It's a great car for what it is but it will never be a sports car.

Considering as I'm retired and don't drive as much as I used to - the BW is likely the last car I may ever buy. I research my cars well and concluded that this is the one for us (wife pretty much insists on a sedan)....however I've been following the development of the new Toyota MR2 as I so loved the Supercharged MR2 we used to own....and if its affordable enough I could see purchasing one to be my small fun car at some point in the (boring electric) future.

Thanks, ArgentWing! Speaking of argent, that's the color I opted for, everything else looks it matches RoadHawk's spec. Yes, I'm sure I've already annoyed the dealer with my requests (no drilling front plate, no washing, etc. etc.). Hopefully the salesperson passes that info on.

In my imaginary world where my household income magically doubles, I'd also have a 718 GT4 or any generation GT3 as my weekend/track toy. Maybe one day.......

Not sure how deliveries are going now as opposed to last year. My car was built in mid August if I remember correctly and was finally delivered at the end of January. I, like you, remember being concerned that it was sitting outside. It turned out that part wasn't nearly as stressful as the week it sat on the dealers lot waiting for them to deliver it to me. In the end it was all good! Greetings from your neighbor just across the border in Buffalo. You're gonna love the car!View attachment 22971View attachment 22972

Thanks, ArgentWing! Speaking of argent, that's the color I opted for, everything else looks it matches RoadHawk's spec. Yes, I'm sure I've already annoyed the dealer with my requests (no drilling front plate, no washing, etc. etc.). Hopefully the salesperson passes that info on.

In my imaginary world where my household income magically doubles, I'd also have a 718 GT4 or any generation GT3 as my weekend/track toy. Maybe one day.......
398286151_7023437284343727_7672611616529857181_n.jpg

Sounds like I might be one of the lucky ones (?). My dealer just contacted me to say my BW has been assigned a transport and is tagged to leave the plant.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back