Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Front Spring Spacers for Towing

Here is what my dealer did with mine..

Attachments

• IMG_3374.jpg
    IMG_3374.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 246
Yeah, pretty sure I got some bad karma for that joke because then this happened to me:

Been trying to get my discarded Spring Spacers replaced....
After much fuss, I believe I was given the wrong [Red] spacers.

From what I've seen:
Yellow [84929633] = CT4 (what other CT4 got)
Red [85539973] = CT5? (what my dealer replaced mine with)

For those who have CT5:
Is the Red Part# (above) what came with your car?

For those who have both Cars/Spacers [CT4 & CT5]:
Are the Red & Yellow Spacers different?

Yellow 4, red 5. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

By the way got to visit the place making those spacers right here in good ole Michigan. Wasnt there for the cadillac stuff but it put a big smile on my face remembering those days. I am not sad right now.....

Last edited:
Yellow 4, red 5. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

By the way got to visit the place making those spacers right here in good ole Michigan. Wasnt there for the cadillac stuff but it put a big smile on my face remembering those days. I am not sad right now.....
Hi Mirza,
Who can my Parts Manager contact, about getting Yellow Spacers?
He claims some GM Engineer sent him those Red Spacers (but they're wrong : (

Your question has me very concerned lol. The parts manager can order them from the parts catalog that is available to every dealer. He doesnt need a GM engineer giving him stuff, all the information is at their finger tips. Just order them. They are the same as the ats-v as well by the way if you just want to get it over with. See below.

Your question has me very concerned lol. The parts manager can order them from the parts catalog that is available to every dealer. He doesnt need a GM engineer giving him stuff, all the information is at their finger tips. Just order them. They are the same as the ats-v as well by the way if you just want to get it over with. See below.

Thanks for telling me to check the ATS-V.
Looks like these are orderable (although Part# is different):
^ Better Pictures

^ Better Price

If anyone wants a set of Red Spacers, LMK ; )

I think the problem is that the '22 Parts Catalog is still a "Work in Progress" (lots of parts missing).

Last edited:
Let me confirm tomorrow on why PNs are different I imagine because of the sticker.

There was a small change to the ATS-V part to make it hold better against the new CT4-V coils, they got a longer wall on top but everything else is ok. This extension was needed for the stuffers not coming out when on rail carts or shipping trucks with lots of movement. For your towing needs the ATS-V ones could work but no harm in getting the latest ones. Tx for highlighting the ordering issue I will inform the appropriate folks and see if this can be cleared up, much appreciated. In meantime, if your nervous send me your address privately I'll ship you mine signed at no cost.

Last edited:
^ Wow Mirza, you're the coolest ever.
I'd have to keep one of those signed Spacers, on the Center Console, no way they could be buried in the trunk ; )
Please assure me you can get yours replaced, before parting with them.
I'll hit you up, on PM.
Thanks!

^ Wow Mirza, you're the coolest ever.
I'd have to keep one of those signed Spacers, on the Center Console, no way they could be buried in the trunk ; )
I think this needs to be a thing. Anyone meets @Mirza Grebovic or his team - don't get them to sign the hood or trunklid or anything hokey like that - if you're really in the know, you get them to sign the spring spacers! @burn813, I'm assuming you already got this done?

a02a480f-48f5-4e50-b3cc-bb39be32e071_text.gif

I think this needs to be a thing. Anyone meets @Mirza Grebovic or his team - don't get them to sign the hood or trunklid or anything hokey like that - if you're really in the know, you get them to sign the spring spacers! @burn813, I'm assuming you already got this done?

View attachment 6333
Amateur, I'll have him sign my rear brake cooling duct. ;) 🤣

View attachment 6333
I did not... we were in a hurry and it was cold lol

There was a small change to the ATS-V part to make it hold better against the new CT4-V coils, they got a longer wall on top but everything else is ok. This extension was needed for the stuffers not coming out when on rail carts or shipping trucks with lots of movement. For your towing needs the ATS-V ones could work but no harm in getting the latest ones. Tx for highlighting the ordering issue I will inform the appropriate folks and see if this can be cleared up, much appreciated. In meantime, if your nervous send me your address privately I'll ship you mine signed at no cost.
Mirza for President!
Got the spacers and now that I have a collection of all 3, thought I'd post pics for comparison.
(Pictures are arranged in order listed below)

CT5 [85539973] Red = Orderable
ATS [23325378] Yellow = Orderable
CT4 [84929633] Yellow = Non-Orderable (at this time)

Looks like Red Spacers won't fit a CT4 (so my dealers ordering effort was futile).

ATS Spacer has extra Wall Height, at the bottom, which might contact the Lower Spring Perch.
Also, the ATS Spacer has slightly shorter Wall Height on the top (but I see no issue with that).

I believe the Spring Spacers should be installed on the rear part of spring (not middle, as pictured) which would give a bit more clearance, to the spring perch.
ATS Spacers seem like a good interim solution, until the CT4 Spacers are orderable.

If anyone wants this set of ATS Spacers, LMK and I'll send to you.
Happy to return the favor, done for me (except for the cool signature from BW Royalty).

IMG_7549.jpg

Spacers-1.jpg

Spacers-3.jpg

Last edited:
Mirza for President!
Got the spacers and now that I have a collection of all 3, thought I'd post pics for comparison.
(Pictures are arranged in order listed below)

CT5 [85539973] Red = Orderable
ATS [23325378] Yellow = Orderable
CT4 [84929633] Yellow = Non-Orderable (at this time)

Looks like Red Spacers won't fit a CT4 (so my dealers ordering effort was futile).

ATS Spacer has extra Wall Height, at the bottom, which might contact the Lower Spring Perch.
Also, the ATS Spacer has slightly shorter Wall Height on the top (but I see no issue with that).

I believe the Spring Spacers should be installed on the rear part of spring (not middle, as pictured) which would give a bit more clearance, to the spring perch.
ATS Spacers seem like a good interim solution, until the CT4 Spacers are orderable.

If anyone wants this set of ATS Spacers, LMK and I'll send to you.
Happy to return the favor, done for me (except for the cool signature from BW Royalty).

View attachment 6390View attachment 6391View attachment 6392View attachment 6393
Install is in middle so that you can access and pull with just a little bit of jack support. Finally some of those walls were shortened and changed for install efforts, imagine the guys at plant that hve to install a hundred or more of these a week, hence ATS one was a lot harder to install but more potential of coming out when you ship a car from here to middle east or california. Enjoy the spacers and tx for pointing out the ordering issue again!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back