Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

For the sake of resale value I hope this is a mistake

Same here. I wish I could have found the Blaze Orange color like yours in that spec but the only one I could find was $75k+ and didn't like the wheels they had on it. I settled on Black Raven, which looks good on Cadillacs, but is a chore to keep clean. I was trading a $67k ZL1 MSRP for a 4BW so psychologically it was also hard for me to justify spending more for a 4BW.

I feel the same about the base seats. IMO, they should be more special at this price point but the seats are quite comfortable so I don't mind so much.
That's the one option I had to get, I moved around too much in the base seats during spirited driving.

The mid tier seats(Which also get you the good steering wheel) were my only options apart from the electric blue paint. Felt that was a well spent 3K.

That's the one option I had to get, I moved around too much in the base seats during spirited driving.

The mid tier seats(Which also get you the good steering wheel) were my only options apart from the electric blue paint. Felt that was a well spent 3K.
Agreed, I would have paid for the mid-tier seats for sure. I couldn't get a dealer to build me a car. They all wanted to sell what they had on the lot and kept using their allocations for high options builds, which are all collecting dust on the lots right now.

How do I want you to respond!? What are you fucking two year-old!?

I babysit grown men that act like two year olds all day in work - I'm sure as hell not going to do it here - IN MY OWN HOUSE.

Now I'm going to put this really simple - if I'm a guest in your house, and I start acting like an asshole and not abiding by your rules, you have every right to ask me to leave, or throw me out.

Well, the same goes here. This is my site. I own the server it sits on AND I PAY THE $500 PER MONTH HOSTING FEE. NOT YOU! MY NAME IS ON THE MONTHLY BILL JUST LIKE A MORTGAGE, NOT YOURS! THEREFORE, YOU ARE A GUEST IN MY HOUSE, AND IF YOU CAN'T STOP ACTING LIKE A TWO-YEAR OLD, I WILL THROW YOU OUT.

AND DON'T THREATEN ME WITH PROXY SERVERS...

Why the fuck are you yelling at me, when I'm not the one who started this shit in the first place, and there are PLENTY of guilty parties in this thread?

If you are going to play babysitter, at least be FAIR and IMPARTIAL.

Short of the super exclusives (C7 ZR1, SVJ, etc) cars rarely hold their value or appreciate. They're a liability and a toy. As Throat said, it's an investment in yourself and your happiness, so enjoy the car and stop watching the market, haha

Agreed. But, at the same time, nobody wants to lose their ass.
I have skipped buying Vs new that I wanted and preferred , and went with Corvettes instead, because history has proven Caddys do not hold their value compared to Corvettes.
If I knew the 5BW would hold it's value like my C8s, I would have bought one by now. The price increases blindsided me on top.

Porsche wanted to give me 50K for mine on a trade..

Fuck Porsche.
What was the original MSRP and miles on your Caddy trade?

I admit the Turbo S is probably the best street car on earth, but I hate Porsche, their ridiculous pricing and arrogance, and their unbearable fan bois.

I am one of those who spent big on a 2022 high option 4vbw build with every option for the model year including CF1 and 2. I paid MSRP and not a dollar over, but 9 months later, I feel like I got totally fucked. Its scary that these cars even with CF1 and 2 and MT6 are only worth $55K or less one year later and I only have 1600 miles on it. Oh well..... can't do much about it now.

I am one of those who spent big on a 2022 high option 4vbw build with every option for the model year including CF1 and 2. I paid MSRP and not a dollar over, but 9 months later, I feel like I got totally fucked. Its scary that these cars even with CF1 and 2 and MT6 are only worth $55K or less one year later and I only have 1600 miles on it. Oh well..... can't do much about it now.
Enjoy the hell out of it! You’re one of the few that gets to experience one of the best driver’s cars ever made.

Last edited:
For that price I’d buy it off you just to have a daily so the 5 can become a race car, haha

Part of that being the aberration of the then insanely crazy market, low availability and highly sought after car. You can't be thrifty or be worried about resale in that type of situation. FOMO and early adoption never have thrift built in.

I too got a fully spec'd 4BW, but I don't care about resale value and probably had unique considerations when I bought. It met my needs and I enjoy driving it, that is all I really care about. Financially, I treat cars as pure expenditures, somewhat like entertainment and hobby purchases. I don't even consider their resale value in my finances; I create an asset in my tracking software for their purchase price and do straight-line deprecation entries monthly to take their worth to $0 after my expectation of owning them (I used ten years on prior cars but twenty for my C7 Z06 and 4BW since I don't drive as much as I did with the prior cars). Anything recouped from sell or trade-in is just unplanned windfall.

I too got a fully spec'd 4BW, but I don't care about resale value and probably had unique considerations when I bought. It met my needs and I enjoy driving it, that is all I really care about. Financially, I treat cars as pure expenditures, somewhat like entertainment and hobby purchases. I don't even consider their resale value in my finances; I create an asset in my tracking software for their purchase price and do straight-line deprecation entries monthly to take their worth to $0 after my expectation of owning them (I used ten years on prior cars but twenty for my C7 Z06 and 4BW since I don't drive as much as I did with the prior cars). Anything recouped from sell or trade-in is just unplanned windfall.
^^^THIS^^^

I bought my 4BW to keep permanently, as a part-time toy, just like my V2 Coupe. I've sold Cadillacs for 8 years, and I saw how ATS Vs initially had a big dip in resale. But then, as time went on and people realized how good they were, and how mod friendly they are, prices stabilized significantly and ATS Vs haven't depreciated much in many years.

Now that Global B can be tuned, I expect an increase in interest in the 4BWs...thereby bolstering resale. These cars can put out incredible power for not a ton of money with aftermarket add ons.

I completely agree. I purchased mine in early August 2022. Back then you could barely get any CT4V-BW and I wanted the CF1 & CF2 and PDR packages because I was going to track the vehicle. At that time most dealers were quoting $5K to $10K over MSRP. So am I surprised how quickly the market changed, kind of a stock market crash.
Back then I was planning on trading my in for a Track Edition. Well not now.

Interesting one to watch. Might be a huge bargain for someone that wants an auto CT4 BW.
I've been watching that one, I fully expect it to go reserve not met (unless the dealer wants to firesale it). There have been four 4BWs on BaT so far, and only one was bid high enough to sell. BaT doesn't seem like the best audience for the car, but there's probably something to be said about the softening market too.

Interesting one to watch. Might be a huge bargain for someone that wants an auto CT4 BW.
That was painful. Watching the driving video makes me really dislike him personally.

(Motions vaguely at the center stack) "All kinds of ...technology controls"

"Driving a 2023 car and shifting it all the time is crazy- -this is an auto so you can hold your significant other's hand."

(Confused noises while staring in the center console) "...Buttons and gadgets."

Seriously- $5 says he thinks Watkins Glen is a bespoke suit company out of New England!

There must be a new incentive available now. All the dealers around me are loaded up with 4BWs. They are all listed at $4k off now.

Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 8.45.57 PM.png

There must be a new incentive available now. All the dealers around me are loaded up with 4BWs. They are all listed at $4k off now.

View attachment 20439
Today is day1 where employee pricing is applied to BlackWings. Too late for me lol.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back