Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

For the sake of resale value I hope this is a mistake

So back to the resale values….. looks like even the fully loaded 4’s are taking a massive kick to the pants. My 82k car w 7k miles looks like it’s going between 65-68k on the interwebs…
Porsche wanted to give me 50K for mine on a trade..
that’s rough…. You have the same spec as me so I’m assuming your car was like 81-82k. That’s a big hit to take. But the ATS V had a similar trend and then bounced back so it can happen here too I would think

This car is an investment in your happiness, not in your bank account. I recommend further investing in your happiness by not checking resale values anymore. :D
Hahhaaa I agree for sure. But I’ve had a good run of not losing money on cars so I definitely didn’t see the massive dip in the values of these so fast. I got lucky with my SS sedans and my ATS V and even my CT5V which I got at 7k off new and sold for the same I bought it for a year later. The 4BWs seem to be taking a mega kick in the dick which sucks to see as I like to upgrade every two years or so. At least I have the CF packages I guess lol 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Hahhaaa I agree for sure. But I’ve had a good run of not losing money on cars so I definitely didn’t see the massive dip in the values of these so fast. I got lucky with my SS sedans and my ATS V and even my CT5V which I got at 7k off new and sold for the same I bought it for a year later. The 4BWs seem to be taking a mega kick in the dick which sucks to see as I like to upgrade every two years or so. At least I have the CF packages I guess lol 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Yeah, it sucks when such a great car is not selling well. Interest rates are not helping. I like to trade often as well but I think I may have hang on this one until they stop production and bring out the Cadillac EV sedans. There is not much else I am really interested in since I prefer a manual. If I get bored of the 4BW, I will just traded it for a cheap Miata. :)

Yeah, it sucks when such a great car is not selling well. Interest rates are not helping. I like to trade often as well but I think I may have hang on this one until they stop production and bring out the Cadillac EV sedans. There is not much else I am really interested in since I prefer a manual. If I get bored of the 4BW, I will just traded it for a cheap Miata. :)
I’m waiting for the last model year to upgrade my 4BW. I just keep wishing they turn up the boost a tad to give it a proper goodbye. Although there has to be a reason GM hasn’t done this yet w the LF4 despite it being proven very capable of putting down much more power.

Hahaha I couldn’t fit in a Miata if I tried lol 😂

I’m waiting for the last model year to upgrade my 4BW. I just keep wishing they turn up the boost a tad to give it a proper goodbye. Although there has to be a reason GM hasn’t done this yet w the LF4 despite it being proven very capable of putting down much more power.

Hahaha I couldn’t fit in a Miata if I tried lol 😂
The Miata is a hoot. If you can't fit then try one of the GR86/BRZ twins. They are fun cars to zip around town in.

The Miata is a hoot. If you can't fit then try one of the GR86/BRZ twins. They are fun cars to zip around town in.

The new FA24 motors are having oil pressure issues that may be unrelated to the excess RTV problem. Which is a worse problem to have since it's an inherent design flaw rather than a manufacturing issue. Someone did a fairly scientific test on Youtube recently and the new twins have a propensity to rapidly drop oil pressure on right hand corners. I think that the twins will be fine for exclusively street driving, but several have already had catastrophic engine failures on track. They even added a previous gen BRZ/86 in to the mix to see if it was a problem back then, but the older cars didn't have the oil pressure issues on track.

Sorry to be blunt but no one should be buying a 82k ct4 v blackwing. It’s a great value at <70k tops.

I bet trade in values between the 82k blackwing and a 65k blackwing are going to be within a few thousand dollars of each other.

Sorry to be blunt but no one should be buying a 82k ct4 v blackwing. It’s a great value at <70k tops.

I bet trade in values between the 82k blackwing and a 65k blackwing are going to be within a few thousand dollars of each other.
I'm not really that worried about it.... One, I have all the things on it that I like, and two, it's only money and I cant take it with me.........

I'm not really that worried about it.... One, I have all the things on it that I like, and two, it's only money and I cant take it with me.........
Oh I totally agree with that. I am not even looking at resale values until year 4 , at which point I decide whether to keep it and get an extended warranty or sell.

That was MSRP bud. It was 81.7k

That last sentence is what my Dad always said. And he babied his C7 Z51 too much and only got 6k miles on it before he passed of cancer. So that resonates w me big time. Can’t take the money with me when I die

That was MSRP bud. It was 81.7k
I got that. I meant the options to get it from 65k to 82k don’t necessarily translate to better resale value than a 65k stripper model.

Ie your 82k was quoted 62k. I think a 65k model with similar miles would be quoted close to 60 too.

Ps- this is especially true for trade ins and resellers. Private parties down the line will appreciate the carbon etc on your car more.

I got that. I meant the options to get it from 65k to 82k don’t necessarily translate to better resale value than a 65k stripper model.

Ie your 82k was quoted 62k. I think a 65k model with similar miles would be quoted close to 60 too.

Ps- this is especially true for trade ins and resellers. Private parties down the line will appreciate the carbon etc on your car more.
I have 0 regrets on my $61k 6mt build. I think that's the way to go if you care about resale.

I do like some of the carbon, not all, so I am picking and choosing which parts to add.

Seats were a gamble. I know the base seats aren't special looking but they are all day comfortable.

I also find things like interior quality easier to stomach at $61k vs $81k.

Agreed. MSRP on my 2022 4BW was $61.3k (Black Raven, M6, red calipers, red belts). I ran my VIN through Vroom a couple weeks ago for kicks and they came back with $60,500. Car has just under 3000 miles.

I have experienced similar behavior with the Corvettes I have purchased. 1LTs tend to suffer less depreciation than the 2LT/3LT trims I purchased. There seems to be a price floor that is established, a price of admission so to speak for particular vehicles.

For example, a $80k 4BW is high priced compared to other options on the market but a $60k 4BW offers a lot of bang for the buck in the segment. What other sports sedans can offer what the 4BW can for $60k or less? I guess you head to the Camaro, or lower trim BMW/Audi?

I have 0 regrets on my $61k 6mt build. I think that's the way to go if you care about resale.

I do like some of the carbon, not all, so I am picking and choosing which parts to add.

Seats were a gamble. I know the base seats aren't special looking but they are all day comfortable.

I also find things like interior quality easier to stomach at $61k vs $81k.

Same here. I wish I could have found the Blaze Orange color like yours in that spec but the only one I could find was $75k+ and didn't like the wheels they had on it. I settled on Black Raven, which looks good on Cadillacs, but is a chore to keep clean. I was trading a $67k ZL1 MSRP for a 4BW so psychologically it was also hard for me to justify spending more for a 4BW.

I feel the same about the base seats. IMO, they should be more special at this price point but the seats are quite comfortable so I don't mind so much.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back