Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

For the sake of resale value I hope this is a mistake

How much below MSRP would you guys pay for a used CT5 BW?

These prices are just pushing me into a Tesla S Plaid.
8 second capable, 1k+ HP, AWD, no maintenance, looks great, etc.

I already have a SS Sedan with a stick and a C8, so I refuse to allow some seller to rape me.
balling shot caller GIF by Baller Alert

I think a BEV is a fine addition to any fleet. My wife has a model 3 performance and even though it's as fast to 60 as my 5BW, its 100% an errand/commuting tool. I have zero interest in taking it on good roads, but I love going to the parts store, local errands, or just trying to get somewhere cheap. It was fun for a minute and entertaining for people that have never been in one, but "meh" otherwise. Also consider it will never be as cheap as it is now operate a BEV, so enjoy while you can.

How much below MSRP would you guys pay for a used CT5 BW?

These prices are just pushing me into a Tesla S Plaid.
8 second capable, 1k+ HP, AWD, no maintenance, looks great, etc.

I already have a SS Sedan with a stick and a C8, so I refuse to allow some seller to rape me.
Was the original MSRP 90k or 110k. And what are the miles on the odometer 1k or 50k.

Tesla chopped $20k off the list price of the S Plaid between '22 and '23 models. I was not happy to pay $7500 more (or whatever it was) for my '23 5BW than the folks that picked up a '22 paid, but I think I would be more pissed if they made later model years $7500 cheaper than I paid. On the other hand, in the world of technology early adopters pay more than late adopters.

Tesla chopped $20k off the list price of the S Plaid between '22 and '23 models. I was not happy to pay $7500 more (or whatever it was) for my '23 5BW than the folks that picked up a '22 paid, but I think I would be more pissed if they made later model years $7500 cheaper than I paid. On the other hand, in the world of technology early adopters pay more than late adopters.

That's the good/bad thing about direct to consumer pricing, the complete and utter transparency of discounts or increases to fit demand. In the past dealers would heavily discount cars off MRSP (think GM fire sales for Z28, SS prior Z06...pretty much every car they make) or have extremely attractive lease offers (basically all BMW leases prior to pandemic) that basically accomplish the same thing as the Tesla discounts (regulate inventory), but people didn't feel as bad about them because it wasn't transparent how much those cars were actually selling for. The person who walks into the dealer right after you, buying the exact same car, might pay thousands less because he drove a harder bargain. With Tesla you pay the advertised price, so you feel bad when the price drops thousands 3 days after you buy your car. At the same time you don't wonder if the dealer is screwing you over, everyone buying right now pays that price.

I think a BEV is a fine addition to any fleet. My wife has a model 3 performance and even though it's as fast to 60 as my 5BW, its 100% an errand/commuting tool. I have zero interest in taking it on good roads, but I love going to the parts store, local errands, or just trying to get somewhere cheap. It was fun for a minute and entertaining for people that have never been in one, but "meh" otherwise. Also consider it will never be as cheap as it is now operate a BEV, so enjoy while you can.
Agreed.
I love the CT5 BW with the stick.
But, my sedan is sharing a garage with a C8, so the Plaid is a nice compliment to the C8.

But, if I could only have one car, it would be a CT5 BW stick, or a Turbo S.

I'd be spending $110k for a Plaid that was selling for $150k.
I'll also be daily driving mine for a long time.
So, the BS resale numbers you fabricated, won't affect me at all.

I tried to make a deal on 2 local new CT5 BWs this week.
It's a shame these dealers are absolutely out of their mind with their ridiculous demands. No worries. I'll buy something awesome over the next few weeks, at a great price.

The Plaids sold for 150k for all of a month. We had one sit on our dealership lot that we bought for 120-130k that we ended up selling for about 90k. We pretty much had to give it away for someone to take it. Yes the Plaid is going to be faster, yes the Plaid makes more sense from a maintenance and gas perspective, but I don't think any of us here who bought a 5BW cares about any of that stuff. At the end of the day get the car that works best for you and your needs. I understand not wanting to get ripped off on pricing but there are dealerships out there that will do MSRP or close to it on a new order. But you gotta be patient. Supply and demand means that if a lot of people are demanding one product with low supply, the price is 100% going to be more. I considered a Plaid for a little bit but after driving one and my girlfriends model 3 I realized that for over 100k I want to be happy with the product that I'm getting. There's a reason that you're getting a "150k" Plaid for 110. Imagine in 4-5 years what that price is going to be.

The Plaids sold for 150k for all of a month. We had one sit on our dealership lot that we bought for 120-130k that we ended up selling for about 90k. We pretty much had to give it away for someone to take it. Yes the Plaid is going to be faster, yes the Plaid makes more sense from a maintenance and gas perspective, but I don't think any of us here who bought a 5BW cares about any of that stuff. At the end of the day get the car that works best for you and your needs. I understand not wanting to get ripped off on pricing but there are dealerships out there that will do MSRP or close to it on a new order. But you gotta be patient. Supply and demand means that if a lot of people are demanding one product with low supply, the price is 100% going to be more. I considered a Plaid for a little bit but after driving one and my girlfriends model 3 I realized that for over 100k I want to be happy with the product that I'm getting. There's a reason that you're getting a "150k" Plaid for 110. Imagine in 4-5 years what that price is going to be.

So, you just confirmed $110k for a new Plaid is a great deal, and it's both AWD and capable of a 8 second hero pass at MIR.

Caddy dealers need to get realistic.

Agreed.
I love the CT5 BW with the stick.
But, my sedan is sharing a garage with a C8, so the Plaid is a nice compliment to the C8.

But, if I could only have one car, it would be a CT5 BW stick, or a Turbo S.
The Plaid will be fun for a while until the instant torque novelty wears off. I owned a Model 3 Performance and it was cool for a while but EVs lack personality and driving engagement. I had a ZL1 for a bit but traded it for a 4BW with a manual and find it hits the sweet spot for street driving.

IMO, you will find the C8 to be dog slow and feel like it has outdated tech compared to the Plaid. Even with that quick DCT in the C8. If you get the Plaid I would compliment it with something with a V8 and a manual transmission. The Plaid will wind up being the daily and the 5BW with M6 will be the "fun" car that is engaging and makes all the right noises. That is the best of both worlds.

So, you just confirmed $110k for a new Plaid is a great deal, and it's both AWD and capable of a 8 second hero pass at MIR.

Caddy dealers need to get realistic.

I worked as a salesperson (not for Caddy) so I've seen the reasoning behind markup but at the end of the day it's just greed. Regarding the Plaid, absolutely. If you care about the acceleration of a car and the lack of maintenance, you won't beat a plaid. But if you care about a car being built properly with an actual soul behind it, there's a reason I didn't buy a Plaid. Everyone has different opinions of what is important to them in a vehicle. It's not my job to tell you what you should or shouldn't buy. Buy what you want. Be happy with the money you spent.

View attachment 19763

Yeah you'll be faster...until the first corner.

Jennifer Lawrence Oops GIF
You think you're smart,
but you don't realize Randy Pobst took the Plaid, M6 CT5 BW, and M5 CS and ran them all at Willow Springs (Big Willow) on the same day, and the Plaid was the fastest around the track.
Another swing and a miss by you.

For the record, the BW is still my favorite, as Ive been a loyal GM guy for 3+ decades, but the prices are out of control.

I don't think the BW is a good fit for someone more into metrics than driver engagement. If you're quoting lap times and 0-60 numbers, you should probably buy the rig that satisfies those goals. The BW is for someone looking for broad spectrum of sensory input that few cars have ever delivered. Tesla is good at rearranging your intestines, and that is where the lap times come from, not from a mix of ingredients that makes the BW special. The process to order a new BW is the ultimate gatekeeper, you're already wobbly and haven't evet purchased a rodeo ticket.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back