Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

For the sake of resale value I hope this is a mistake

I don't think the BW is a good fit for someone more into metrics than driver engagement. If you're quoting lap times and 0-60 numbers, you should probably buy the rig that satisfies those goals. The BW is for someone looking for broad spectrum of sensory input that few cars have ever delivered. Tesla is good at rearranging your intestines, and that is where the lap times come from, not from a mix of ingredients that makes the BW special. The process to order a new BW is the ultimate gatekeeper, you're already wobbly and haven't evet purchased a rodeo ticket.

As a guy who's been buying Vs since day one /V1, I disagree.
I think the LT4 combined with the M6 gives the Gen4 the perfect balance between driving pleasure and performance numbers.

The only negatives of the Gen4 is the ridiculous pricing and difficult acquisition.
For the money GM is asking, the 5BW should have got at least the LT5, a DCT option, and adjustable AWD like the M5.

Those lap times were really close, .29 seconds. Given the Tesla's much better acceleration I'm guessing the CT5BW made up for it with better handling.

Agreed.
Makes you wonder how the Caddy would have done against the Plaid, if GM gave it a LT5, DCT, and AWD.......
The M5, and other cars, prove AWD can help lap times, not just drag times.

We get it man.
Model s plaid good.
Blackwing bad.

You're not paying attention.
5BW is the choice, the price and difficulty in purchasing are the only issues I have.

I also think the 4BW should have got the LT4 and the 5BW should have got the LT5.

Agreed.
I love the CT5 BW with the stick.
But, my sedan is sharing a garage with a C8, so the Plaid is a nice compliment to the C8.

But, if I could only have one car, it would be a CT5 BW stick, or a Turbo S.
Under your name on the left side, you state that you have a 2022 CT5 BW M6, so do you already have one or have had one and want another? Some of your posts like this one is confusing about if you could only have one car it would be a CT5 BW stick, or a Turbo S (a different car altogether).

The way you continue to post about the Tesla being a better car sounds like you have already made up your mind.

You're not paying attention.
5BW is the choice, the price and difficulty in purchasing are the only issues I have.

I also think the 4BW should have got the LT4 and the 5BW should have got the LT5.
Clearly prices are justified considering the demand and even the used prices. So I don’t know what you’re hoping for here.

Maybe a recession will cause the prices to dip? Don’t see much else affecting the prices anytime soon.

I think all gm cars should just use the lt5. SUV? Lt5, ev cars? Lt5 as a backup. Anything lesser is just insulting. /s

Under your name on the left side, you state that you have a 2022 CT5 BW M6, so do you already have one or have had one and want another? Some of your posts like this one is confusing about if you could only have one car it would be a CT5 BW stick, or a Turbo S (a different car altogether).

The way you continue to post about the Tesla being a better car sounds like you have already made up your mind.
When I went to take delivery of my M6 5BW, the trans did NOT shift right.
Felt like I was pulling through a "rumble strip" getting into 2nd, and experienced some grinding on the 1-2 and 2-3 shift.
I was not going to repeat previous mistakes, so I refused delivery.

On a positive note, I did find one this week that shifted perfectly. However, it had 10k of additional options I did not want, and the dealer would not budge off his price.
Not that I owe anyone an explanation, but hope that answers your question.
Been a GM owner since the 1993 Fbody, Corvette buyer since C5, and Caddy buyer since the V1.

Clearly prices are justified considering the demand and even the used prices. So I don’t know what you’re hoping for here.

Maybe a recession will cause the prices to dip? Don’t see much else affecting the prices anytime soon.

I think all gm cars should just use the lt5. SUV? Lt5, ev cars? Lt5 as a backup. Anything lesser is just insulting. /s
Stupid post, and I totally disagree.
So will your insurance company when you have a total loss, and a dealership when you go to trade in your BW.

On a positive note, I did find one this week that shifted perfectly. However, it had 10k of additional options I did not want, and the dealer would not budge off his price.
What were you hoping would happen there? The dealer eats the 10k price difference because you really wanted it and it shifted perfectly?

What were you hoping would happen there? The dealer eats the 10k price difference because you really wanted it and it shifted perfectly?
Another stupid post.
No, I expected them to order me a car with my spec when they got allocation., without a ridiculous ADM. I even offered to deposit the entire purchase price in an escrow account.
They refused.

I hate to have to deal with that brain in my head every day.

You think you're smart,
but you don't realize Randy Pobst took the Plaid, M6 CT5 BW, and M5 CS and ran them all at Willow Springs (Big Willow) on the same day, and the Plaid was the fastest around the track.
Another swing and a miss by you.

For the record, the BW is still my favorite, as Ive been a loyal GM guy for 3+ decades, but the prices are out of control.
For the record, you're arguing about a car you don't own being faster than another car you also don't own.

Stephen A Smith Eye Roll GIF by ESPN

For the record, you're arguing about a car you don't own being faster than another car you also don't own.

Stephen A Smith Eye Roll GIF by ESPN
What's your point?
You're making payments, so the bank owns yours.

I'm paying cash, and would have, if the 5BW I was trying to take delivery of didn't shift like it had rumble strips in the trans.
You act like I don't currently own multiple GM performance sedans and cars.

What's your point?
You're making payments, so the bank owns yours.

I'm paying cash, and would have, if the 5BW I was trying to take delivery of didn't shift like it had rumble strips in the trans.
You're so full of shit I can smell from here. This is a Blackwing forum, and you don't own a Blackwing and never will. Go beg to be re-admitted to all the other forums you've been kicked out of, we don't need your micro-dick attitude here.

Because nobody here believes you own any cars. Why would they, everything you say is bullshit. You take the bus to work at the hospital where you clean bedpans and mop up vomit all day. Then you come over here and shit until your pants are overflowing.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back