Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

First 2022 Ct4-v blackwing with the factory mounted rear view camera.

Perhaps, I'm missing the obvious but, what's the benefit of this? All that I can see is that the rear view is in the mirror as opposed to being in the center screen. 🤷‍♂️
Its a camera view, so look and you'll see the headrests arent there.

Yea, so the view is from the antenna as opposed to from the trunk. 🤷‍♂️
The vantage point is supposed to emulate the rear view mirror. So imagine your mirror with two passengers in the back, the cam replaced image would be 100% clear.

That's the appeal, whether it appeals enough to you or me, that's a different story lol

The vantage point is supposed to emulate the rear view mirror. So imagine your mirror with two passengers in the back, the cam replaced image would be 100% clear.

That's the appeal, whether it appeals enough to you or me, that's a different story lol
Maybe I get it now, does it work all of the time and not just when in reverse like the OEM system?

Maybe I get it now, does it work all of the time and not just when in reverse like the OEM system?
All the time. I think you can press a button to restore it as a normal mirror at anytime.

Hey! Props to the shop owner for signing up for our site! Good customer support right there.

I, unfortunately, don't have a good local painter who would paint that for any less than ~$250-300 (which is too much, I know) so its still unfortunately not something I'm going to pull the trigger on yet, but maybe one day...
Tall Steve got the one and only CF antenna before it went on constraint :ROFLMAO:

Perhaps, I'm missing the obvious but, what's the benefit of this? All that I can see is that the rear view is in the mirror as opposed to being in the center screen. 🤷‍♂️
It’s an unobscured view of the rear of the car all the time in the rear view mirror that offers a greater field of vision and clarity.

It’s an unobscured view of the rear of the car all the time in the rear view mirror that offers a greater field of vision and clarity.
What he said. The cam is in the shark fin on the roof. It gives you a full HD wise screen view of what’s behind you and has a 3-4time zoom. It’s great for 4 lane expressways where you can see all lines behind you. It’s also great for night vision and has helped me immensely a few times when I had cops on my ass and wouldn’t have known using the regular rear view mirror.

Then when you don’t want to use it you flip the switch and it goes back to a normal mirror.

What he said. The cam is in the shark fin on the roof. It gives you a full HD wise screen view of what’s behind you and has a 3-4time zoom. It’s great for 4 lane expressways where you can see all lines behind you. It’s also great for night vision and has helped me immensely a few times when I had cops on my ass and wouldn’t have known using the regular rear view mirror.

Then when you don’t want to use it you flip the switch and it goes back to a normal mirror.
I didn't realize the night time vision would have such clarity. That's going to be nice.

I didn't realize the night time vision would have such clarity. That's going to be nice.
It’s great. If I had to say the two best features they left off the car, the first would be the front cam abs second the rear view cam. If you don’t have the CF packages then the rear view cam is #1 by a landslide

this is awesome, now if someone can please pretty please come up with a way to retrofit the 360 cameras from the CT5 I'll be in heaven

The 2023 CT4 BWs have the option for this now, right? I think mine may have it. I'll have to wait a few months for it to get out of the goat pen though to actually know.

I have TRIED and TRIED to use the camera mirror in my 5BW, but man, is it not that good. Sure, freeway driving is where it's good as it eliminates blind spots (mostly). But, the clarity is not there. I cannot identify the type of vehicle at nearly the distance I can with the regular mirror (Explorers, PPVs, Crown Vics, etc....you catch my drift). Also, it takes just a split second longer to adjust your eyes from distant vision out of the front of the vehicle to near vision for the screen and back. Lastly, I drove my car for the first time at night recently, and the headlights in the rear view camera washed it out so bad, I changed it back to regular mirror. The regular mirror does vibrate quite a bit though, which is annoying.

I have TRIED and TRIED to use the camera mirror in my 5BW, but man, is it not that good. Sure, freeway driving is where it's good as it eliminates blind spots (mostly). But, the clarity is not there. I cannot identify the type of vehicle at nearly the distance I can with the regular mirror (Explorers, PPVs, Crown Vics, etc....you catch my drift). Also, it takes just a split second longer to adjust your eyes from distant vision out of the front of the vehicle to near vision for the screen and back. Lastly, I drove my car for the first time at night recently, and the headlights in the rear view camera washed it out so bad, I changed it back to regular mirror. The regular mirror does vibrate quite a bit though, which is annoying.
In my experience, the rear camera mirror only works for you if you commit to using it 100%. After a couple of days the benefits will outweigh the challenges. That said, I don't have issues seeing and making out vehicles at distance with my setup but if I did I might not use it.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back