Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Finally: CT5-V Blackwing Reproduction Spoilers

CT5-V Model
Yes, I did the same today. Went to my local Chevy dealer and he located them for me. They will be here in 4 days! And to make things even better, my spoiler showed up today! Thank you Terrance! Beautiful work, can’t wait to install it. I was a little concerned looking at the box, and all the damage it had but, the packaging worked! Not a scratch on it!
Let us know how the fit is there's been some questions on that, inserts that is.

Yes, I did the same today. Went to my local Chevy dealer and he located them for me. They will be here in 4 days! And to make things even better, my spoiler showed up today! Thank you Terrance! Beautiful work, can’t wait to install it. I was a little concerned looking at the box, and all the damage it had but, the packaging worked! Not a scratch on it!
Nice finally someone can see if they fit on the threads.

The official GM guide says you will need to drill 15mm holes for those. See attachment.

Attachments

• Rear Spoiler Install Document ID 5754366.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 170
I’m gonna check the bit with the holes already drilled in the trunk lid. According to the GM installation instructions, all the holes are 15 mm. But I will definitely check before proceeding.

I’m gonna check the bit with the holes already drilled in the trunk lid. According to the GM installation instructions, all the holes are 15 mm. But I will definitely check before proceeding.
There are only two holes to drill, the outermost ones and they are 15mm for the plastic insert.

That’s awesome. I ordered thicker boxes too. Just to be safe. UPS ain’t holding any punches on these

I had a whole backstory with selling my electric blue Blackwing in anticipation of ordering one with specific items I wanted. With parts in development I hated not having one around. So I got lucky and found a 120th at MSRP. After 24 hours of being on the road it’s finally home. Raptor is an animal towing too.

IMG_1509.jpeg

I picked up the plastic inserts today but no car and no spoiler yet, sorry I won't be able to provide any timely feedback. Rotolo Chevrolet had 12 on hand, so check your Chevy dealers for the part, Local Caddy dealer was able to find out Chevy dealers that had them on hand. It was the 84448584 p/n.
Same part number I picked up. I'll let you know our thoughts/experience after the spoiler gets on.

I was a little concerned looking at the box, and all the damage it had but, the packaging worked! Not a scratch on it!

My box was fairly beat up too, but the spoiler was in perfect shape.

Last edited:
@Likuid that was THOROUGH my friend. Great job and the car looks good.

I wonder If you had considered using those GM plastic inserts for the outside holes? I have not gotten a chance to try them out yet.
The plastic inserts do work. I was able to push one on and had to unscrew it in order to remove it from the stud.

The plastic inserts do work. I was able to push one on and had to unscrew it in order to remove it from the stud.
This is great news for future buyers, plus @Terrance Sig also made some changes to the type of trim tape they are using on future spoilers as well. These two things should make the installation experience much better.

With HUGE help, and much thanks to @rubberduck , we put on my spoiler yesterday. He has way more, and better tools than me. We used the clips available, part number 84448584, on the corners. I highly recommend using them. Fitment is pretty good. Not perfect, but it's very good. It's a beautiful piece and thanks to @Terrance Sig for him making it. It looks really nice and I think it added 10 miles per hour to the Blackwing.

IMG_20230702_110955242_HDR.jpgIMG_20230702_113634097_HDR.jpgIMG_20230702_152041700_HDR.jpgIMG_20230702_182503713_HDR.jpg

I just read through every single post in this thread. Great job @Terrance Sig for making an amazing product. I'd love to buy one but I'm stuck in CT with all my tools and people in CO. Anyone close to Stamford, CT who can help me install this for a nominal fee? I'll order it today if I can find someone like @Finally-a-V did to help with the install and tools. It completes the car so well! It should have come from factory like that, IMHO!

With HUGE help, and much thanks to @rubberduck , we put on my spoiler yesterday. He has way more, and better tools than me. We used the clips available, part number 84448584, on the corners. I highly recommend using them. Fitment is pretty good. Not perfect, but it's very good. It's a beautiful piece and thanks to @Terrance Sig for him making it. It looks really nice and I think it added 10 miles per hour to the Blackwing.

View attachment 19969View attachment 19970View attachment 19971View attachment 19972
Heck yeah! Looks good and really exciting to see the push pins work just fine.

I am updating the double sided tape used to match the OEM thickness too. Should make it all snuggly.

I need to place an order for one of these already! What’s the current lead time?

I need to place an order for one of these already! What’s the current lead time?
It's still pretty steady at 8-12 weeks. Got a bunch in the process of finishing and shipping now. Expect a couple extra days delay with holidays since people tend to take off time.

First time seeing the spoiler installed on this color. The small revisions made to the 3M tape sizing really dialed in the fit.

IMG_1988.jpeg
IMG_1989.jpeg

Got more spoilers set to ship soon once new boxes arrive. Just FYI we anticipate UPS going on strike if they do not reach contract negotiations 8/1.

First time seeing the spoiler installed on this color. The small revisions made to the 3M tape sizing really dialed in the fit.

View attachment 20568View attachment 20569

Got more spoilers set to ship soon once new boxes arrive. Just FYI we anticipate UPS going on strike if they do not reach contract negotiations 8/1.
Can you update those of us that received units before the correct fitment was discovered where the thicker tape should go?

worried now about water intruding under the spoiler and getting into trunk lid if the originally provided tape is too thin to seal.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back