Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Finally: CT5-V Blackwing Reproduction Spoilers

CT5-V Model
That's awesome. I love in-process photos to see what goes in to making these things.

Would love to see this of your wheel house too if you ever get a chance!

Just got done doing mine today. It took about 2 hours. The inner liner comes out fairly easy if you use the right trim tool to sandwich between the body and clips. Dont pull too hard on the liner and use a flashlight to get the trim tool centered. A quick push on the trim tool pops the clips right out. I used 80lb Spiderwire Durabraid to cut through the old spoiler tape. A trim tool to lift it a little to get past the two outer posts made it a 5 min job. Once the old spoiler was off I taped the back of the holes inside the trunk so no junk would get into the trunk and used a whizzy wheel to remove all the old tape residue. Its super fast and does 0 damage if you go slow with it. 5 more minutes and all the tape was gone! A quick alcohol wash with a microfiber took the remaining residue right off. Taking the tape off the back of the holes I then enlarged the slotted holes with a file until the spoiler dropped in easily with the two outer studs removed. After that I put in the end studs and taped off the top of the trunk where they land. Dropping the spoiler down and marking the stud ends on the tape works great. Center punch and two small starter holes... then the Milwaukee 48-89-9321 metric step bit mentioned earlier was perfect for drilling the hole to 15mm for the retainers. I used 42786993 retainers on the ends. They have a rubber gasket that seals against the outer trunk under the top lip. Once everything lined up well and the spoiler dropped down nice for fitment, everything was cleaned and prepped for taping it down and install. Drilled and enlarged holes were painted, alcohol wash the entire area and a 3m prep pad for the tape to really seat well. Pop the retainers in when paint was dry and the spoiler just drops down to the trunk. with a slight push on the retainer end studs. Snug the 4 inner nuts down and reassemble the interior. I did notice the tape is still not quite touching only on the passenger side outer edge, front on the top of the trunk like in a few other pictures. I am going to push on it more in the morning after eveything settles in. Its only a mm away from grabbing and only about 3" wide.

Yup, that about sums it up. I guess PN 42786993 replaces PN 84448584 that I used. They look exactly the same.

It would go into the slotted holes if I gave it a little push but the threads grabbed on the way in. After opening them just a bit on the forward side it dropped right down with no pushing needed. I am almost wondering if the holes are off a little on some.trunks. The doublesided tape gap looks like it could be because the spoiler is the slightest offset to the driver side on mine like 1 or 2 mm. I fit it down a few times with just two studs. Then 4 making sure everything was lose, then marking for the outer studs. I really didn't notice the slight offset but it's centered on the holes. My one upgrade would be double sided tape with a plastic tear off that I could pull harder. The paper kept ripping on me while I pulled. Anyway, it looks awesome and the tape gap.isnt the end of the world.

Canada is cooking up more than just bacon....Delicious....

IMG_2227.jpeg

Stop tempting this Canuck!

Whats the shipping cost for over the border? Asking for a friend.

Stop tempting this Canuck!

Whats the shipping cost for over the border? Asking for a friend.
So far it has shown to be about $20-$50 more than what is listed on the site. I just shipped another to Ontario today and it was in that range

Well shit, thats incredibly reasonable.

I mean, damn! My friend will be very happy!

Installed mine on Labor Day, just before the Kong X ported blower and Tony Mamo ported 95mm ZR1 throttle body yesterday. Thanks to all who shared their install info and experiences, it really made the process go smooth.

Attachments

• Resized_20230906_160727.jpeg
    Resized_20230906_160727.jpeg
    55.7 KB · Views: 120
  • Resized_20230906_160741.jpeg
    Resized_20230906_160741.jpeg
    496.4 KB · Views: 122
  • Resized_20230906_160707.jpeg
    Resized_20230906_160707.jpeg
    634.2 KB · Views: 119
I got my rear spoiler. Great product. Great fitment and finish
Super glad it made it.
Installed mine on Labor Day, just before the Kong X ported blower and Tony Mamo ported 95mm ZR1 throttle body yesterday. Thanks to all who shared their install info and experiences, it really made the process go smooth.
That is awesome man. Looks great too
I did update CT5-V - Finally: CT5-V Blackwing Reproduction Spoilers with the Retainer Clip information provided by some users that have used them.
Whenever you say "user" I think of TRON

Quick recap on progress to date.
  • 74 spoilers shipped
  • 1 confirmed damaged in shipping
  • 13 orders to fulfill
Lots learned and so many cool connections made. If you have Blackwing friends please share the website.

www.exhibitionsofspeed.net

Hey everyone,new here. Was looking to get info on carbon fiber spoiler for 2023 blackwing. I seen the one from Terrance that looks good. Any suggestions help is appreciated.

Hey everyone,new here. Was looking to get info on carbon fiber spoiler for 2023 blackwing. I seen the one from Terrance that looks good. Any suggestions help is appreciated.
Lots of good data in the thread. Just had another installed today. Feel free to call me if needed. 916-two six five - 8572

IMG_2528.jpeg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners