Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Experience with Shipping Dates from Cadillac

V56

Seasoned Member
Still waiting for my 4V BW to arrive at the dealership, the dealership states it was supposed to be there on October 21st and now its October 28th and stealership (oops) dealership states they are not sure when its coming but should be soon. Just seeing what everyone else's experience has been with Vehicles stated to be in Transit and the dates and missing those dates etc. thanks

Popcorn GIF by WWE

This is the first I'm hearing of any delivery issues....

:ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Still waiting for my 4V BW to arrive at the dealership, the dealership states it was supposed to be there on October 21st and now its October 28th and stealership (oops) dealership states they are not sure when its coming but should be soon. Just seeing what everyone else's experience has been with Vehicles stated to be in Transit and the dates and missing those dates etc. thanks
Everyone so far on this forum has received their car on the date it was promised when the initial order was placed with their dealer. In fact many got their cars much sooner than expected. Just so you know, the amount of ADM you pay is usually directly related to how quickly you get your car.

aroused goat GIF

This is by far the greatest thread conceived on vnet. God bless you degenerate schmucks. I love you all.

Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

I"m sorry to hear you are having delivery issues. if its more than 1 week delayed, Jack Cooper should be reaching out shortly with updates to keep you in the loop of where your car is and how long it'll be until it is delivered. Hang in there!
Jack Cooper reaches out? :oops:.

Lot of sarcasm out here geez. My head is not in the sand asking the question. Thought you all might have some information based on your own experiences. My car is already built, the projected delivery date to the dealer was one week ago, obviously transportation is one of many issues in the industry, so just a waiting game now. Who knows, car could be built but waiting for chips and parts for the next 8 months who the hell knows. No ADM on my car, my dealer charging MSRP and reasonable doc fee

Lot of sarcasm out here geez. My head is not in the sand asking the question. Thought you all might have some information based on your own experiences. My car is already built, the projected delivery date to the dealer was one week ago, obviously transportation is one of many issues in the industry, so just a waiting game now. Who knows, car could be built but waiting for chips and parts for the next 8 months who the hell knows. No ADM on my car, my dealer charging MSRP and reasonable doc fee
I feel ya my dude. Go read my posts on the tracking thread. I just went through the wringer in a similar way. Long live the goat rodeo.

Lot of sarcasm out here geez.
Yes, a fair amount of sarcasm but also driven by lots of frustration and bitterness with Cadillac's lack of information.

As for 300+ pages of Tracking Thread -- TLDR:
  • Your car will spend numerous weeks (more likely 2-3 months) in the storage lot from the point of build to the point of shipping
  • The main reasons for this are because of missing parts on your car (usually microchips, so it's "built shy") and delays with shipping companies (shortage of staff for trains/trucks)
  • The status that Rob pulls into his tracking sheet could be out of date because Cadillac is often delayed in updating their system with the true status of your car, especially after it is built
  • Cadillac will not communicate anything to you or your dealer, so you are essentially both in the dark
  • In many cases, dealers are completely surprised by the delivery of cars and that means so will you
  • Welcome to what is affectionally called the Goat Rodeo in which we all are or have been participants

In all seriousness they literally have no idea where anything is. It's pretty sad. I had even opened a case with gm corporate in hopes that would do something. They also knew nothing, but gave me conflicting info to what Rob's tracker and the dealer was saying. My favorite part was when they called me day of or day after I actually got the car from the dealer to tell me "good news! Your car has left Lansing"

Lot of sarcasm out here geez.

Yesterday was an especially rambunctious(?) day for us. (Maybe Mischief Night a couple days early? )

We feel your pain and have PTGD from it. Best Rx is laughter... or groans.

Come join in the fun...Hopefully it will at least help you pass the time... and yes occasionally we do provide useful info (thank you @jwolf99 )

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back