Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Engine oil pressure ?

CT5-V Model

BrakeFade

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Blackwing on Order
What is everyone seeing for engine oil pressure at idle (at temp) and driving around 4500 and up? I’m seeing 39psi at idle and 46/49 at 4500 on a 5BW 6MT.

Update
I just read the LT4 uses a variable displacement oil pump. So oil pressures won’t get that high. 25-50psi range on average between conditions such as cold start, idling at temp, and spirited driving appears to be normal.

Last edited:
What is everyone seeing for engine oil pressure at idle (at temp) and driving around 4500 and up? I’m seeing 39psi at idle and 46/49 at 4500 on a 5BW 6MT.
This is good because I was going to make a post about this and see where everybody is @
Then we have to find out what filter is being used etc.

I am purposely using a Purolator Boss because of it's 3psi higher bypass rating than what GM requires. Cold start is 52psi and it's usually 100f+ @ operating temp 41/42/43 I guess I will have to look at 4500k

I’m interested to see what you get. I’m shocked because I’d figure it would be closer to 90psi at 4500 but it’s a slow rise to 49 or so. Im guessing the LSX engines don’t push it that high.

I’m interested to see what you get. I’m shocked because I’d figure it would be closer to 90psi at 4500 but it’s a slow rise to 49 or so. Im guessing the LSX engines don’t push it that high.
This is an LT motor not an LS They are similar but not really? GM has had TSB's and oil filter p/n changes up the GALORE on their LT engines and High Feature V6's so that would pertain to both BW's

This is an LT motor not an LS They are similar but not really? GM has had TSB's and oil filter p/n changes up the GALORE on their LT engines and High Feature V6's so that would pertain to both BW's

I forgot these are LT and not LS engines. I did read the LT4 uses a variable displacement oil pump. So pressures aren’t going to get much higher than 45-50psi or so under spirited driving

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back