Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Anybody running amsoil euro 5w40?

Turtleb00st

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2024 4vBW
I live in Florida and drive my car fairly hard. I noticed after spirited driving, my oil pressure is at 15psi or so with ambients at 80ish. I would like that to be a bit higher especially with 95 ambients coming soon.

I want to run something a bit thicker. I’m not a fan at all of moble oils. Iv never run supercar, but in my experience mobile always seems to run thin for its claimed viscosity.

I did some research, and it appears the amsoil euro 5w40, although not technically dexos certified, it has other euro certifications that exceed dexos. It is designed for DI and turbo engines.

Anybody running this lube? Anybody have blackstone reports comparing oe fill oil to amsoil euro?

I don’t think you’re going to find a lot of people running anything but the mobile one stuff because it’s the only oil approved by GM for our cars. Personally - For that reason alone I won’t run anything else. Its the only oil they keeps my warranty.

And 15psi at idle is less than HALF of what I see. That’s disturbingly low.

Edit: I should have specified 5bw

Last edited:
AMSOIL 5W-30 Signature Series oil has the Dexos Gen 3 approval.

1710765748883.png

Castrol Edge and Edge Extended Performance also have Dexos 1 certification for the 4BW.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back