Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

LF4 Engine Oil Temperatures and Type

Some oil pressure specs I ran across in service information. I'm assuming these are likely minimum values fully warmed up as the first listing (for the 2.0L not shown here) said 100 ° C.

3.6L: @ Idle - 69 kPa (10 psi)
3.6L: @ 2, 000 RPM - 138 kPa (20 psi)
3.6L: Piston Cooling Jet Valve OpeningPressure - 2.2-3.0 bar (32.3-44 psi)

Interesting, I have never seen anything close 10psi at idle. Maybe dips to 17psi when over 200 degrees. Since I change the oil yesterday it is up 2-3psi at idle (20 psi at 196 degree oil temp) so I assume the oil thins out over time. I never had a digital gauge with this precision so I never paid much attention to the analog gauges in the past.

For those using Mobil 1 5w-30, for just a few more pennies you can get Mobil 1 Extended Performance which uses a better base and is generally regarded a better oil for the turbo bearings. It comes in 5qt jugs, so I buy three at a time which gives me two oil changes (4bw = 7qt) and I have one qt left for top off. I find mine will consume about a qt of oil over 7500 miles. I have been using the UPF63R filter. Note, the filter flute wrench is not the same for the UPF63R as the PF63.

Last oil change, I must have cranked on the filter a bit tight, took both the flute wrench and the adjustable band wrench on the body together to get the filter off.
What size/flute wrench do you use for the upf63r?

What size/flute wrench do you use for the upf63r?
I think it is 74mm 14 flute. The factory filter is 15 flute. I just use one of these if needed to take it off. Hand tight only when installing the new one.

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 9.37.07 PM.png

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners