Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Engine Noise

CT5-V Model

Nadnerb

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT5-V Blackwing
Hello all.

23 CT5-BW - 5000 miles 6MT

Maybe it's just me driving myself insane but after seeing other posts of engines giving out and being one of the few that it has happened to, I'm just wondering if anyone has any clips of what the engine is supposed to sound like, any data on the oil pressure and where it should sit (seems like I can't get mine past 50PSI when I'm hard on it and it's warm). I've just got extreme anxiety of this car since my engine spun a bearing at 288 miles. I'm mainly looking to see if this engine tick is pretty normal (Seems like just a really loud lifter or something) and if anyone else can send me a clip of what their car sounds like. I mainly hear it underneath the car, not so much from one side of the engine bay when I popped the hood. I pushed the accelerator down to about 2k and it goes away but sitting at idle it seems to tick pretty loud. I'd love to hear what everyone else's 5BWs sound like engine wise and where everyone else is sitting in terms of oil pressures. I understand there's warranty and I'm very thankful they paid out on my first motor but it's definitely not fun to live in fear of my car popping again....

At the end of the day a car is a car and they break, I just don't want to constantly be on edge waiting for it to break.

If I'm just being a paranoid schizophrenic you can tell me that too lol.

Just want to know what everyone's oil pressures are at idle and driving, and that I'm not about to pop another motor driving it on a longer trip.

Attachments

• Engine Noise.mov
    2.4 MB
  • Engine Noise 2.mov
    1.4 MB
I'm sorry you are continuing to have issues with your car. Definitely not fun. Wondering if you might need a session from Dr. Zoomie. ;shrug

I'm sorry you are continuing to have issues with your car. Definitely not fun. Wondering if you might need a session from Dr. Zoomie. ;shrug
I don’t know that I’m still having issues with it haha. It still pulls hard, makes wonderful noises and makes me realize that jail could be just around the corner. Hence why I’m just looking for some clips of noise and info on oil. I’m just being a big ball of anxiety for no reason.

You're probably on edge because its already happened once. Knowing you still have the warranty in the event of it happening again, I'd say drive the shit out of it before the warranty expires.
THIS!! Go enjoy and push harder in case there is a defect to discover (but don't end up in jail!)

You're probably on edge because its already happened once. Knowing you still have the warranty in the event of it happening again, I'd say drive the shit out of it before the warranty expires.
I would try my best to give it hell. Rather figure out if you have a good one now rather than later!

Hello all.

23 CT5-BW - 5000 miles 6MT

Maybe it's just me driving myself insane but after seeing other posts of engines giving out and being one of the few that it has happened to, I'm just wondering if anyone has any clips of what the engine is supposed to sound like, any data on the oil pressure and where it should sit (seems like I can't get mine past 50PSI when I'm hard on it and it's warm). I've just got extreme anxiety of this car since my engine spun a bearing at 288 miles. I'm mainly looking to see if this engine tick is pretty normal (Seems like just a really loud lifter or something) and if anyone else can send me a clip of what their car sounds like. I mainly hear it underneath the car, not so much from one side of the engine bay when I popped the hood. I pushed the accelerator down to about 2k and it goes away but sitting at idle it seems to tick pretty loud. I'd love to hear what everyone else's 5BWs sound like engine wise and where everyone else is sitting in terms of oil pressures. I understand there's warranty and I'm very thankful they paid out on my first motor but it's definitely not fun to live in fear of my car popping again....

At the end of the day a car is a car and they break, I just don't want to constantly be on edge waiting for it to break.

If I'm just being a paranoid schizophrenic you can tell me that too lol.

Just want to know what everyone's oil pressures are at idle and driving, and that I'm not about to pop another motor driving it on a longer trip.

Sounds normal to me. These cars have high pressure fuel pumps and lot of systems that making pulsing and ticking sounds. You will find a lot more info on the LT4 if you search the Camaro ZL1 and C7 Z06 forums. Here is a thread/poll about LT4 oil pressure. :)

As for ticking/lifter noise, this TSB was released last year. Although the 5BW is not on the list note that the Escalade and Camaro with LT4 are on the list.

The first clip sounds almost like a minor exhaust leak & the second just standard direct injector noises.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back