Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Disabling V4 mode

CT5-V Model

WildCPA

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT5 V Blackwing
It’s probably been asked before

Is there a way to disable V4 mode in the 2023 CT5 V Blackwing witha6 speed manual?
Or does the manual even go in V4 mode?
I am coming from a C8 DCT and we just switched to the paddle shifters and as long as you were in manual it disabled V4 mode. I always drove it in manual. 😊

The manual does not do this.

Does the 5BW even have AFM mode? I know it didn‘t exist on the ZL1 LT4 In manual or auto transmission.

My auto 5BW does go into V4 very few times and shows up light in green color on one of my stat screens on right side. Switches from V8 to V4 showing on the screen. Honestly I can’t even feel it. I noticed it while in tour mode, haven’t check now that I run sport mode all the time. Because I don’t feel it, I quit looking.

You will rarely ever see V4 mode.

Manual does not have AFM. The auto does. The only time I really see V4 is with the cruise set on an interstate, and even then, the road would have to be flat. Any grade would kick it out of V4.

Honestly, I would have to look at the dash to even know whether or not it's in V4. It's super smooth.

Manual does not have AFM. The auto does. The only time I really see V4 is with the cruise set on an interstate, and even then, the road would have to be flat. Any grade would kick it out of V4.

Honestly, I would have to look at the dash to even know whether or not it's in V4. It's super smooth.
Thanks since I have a 6 speed manual, I guess I do not have to worry about it. I just know in the C8 I came from I always drove in manual using the paddle shifters. I went back to a stick with the Blackwing ☺️

Thanks since I have a 6 speed manual, I guess I do not have to worry about it. I just know in the C8 I came from I always drove in manual using the paddle shifters. I went back to a stick with the Blackwing ☺️
Smart man! Literally and figuratively as you appear to be a CPA. Me too. Good combo being a CPA with a 5BW six-speed. :D

And what's the concern even if the manual car did have AFM?

And what's the concern even if the manual car did have AFM?
The GM AFM vehicles are known to have some lifter issues because of the on/off of the cylinders when in AFM mode.
When I drove my DCT C8, I always drove in manual using the paddle shifters. When I drove my Denali, I had to remember to push the button to turn off AFM every time I started the vehicle.

Ah, I see the ignorance and misunderstanding of GM's tech has followed over here from the Corvette Forums. Cool. Carry on.

Ah, I see the ignorance and misunderstanding of GM's tech has followed over here from the Corvette Forums. Cool. Carry on.
You still have your C6 ZR1?

"My Mode" setup cures all of that.

All the time.

Soon they will be screaming from rooftops as it's guaranteed to fail! Not a matter of if but when! I hear ya! Forums are cool but they seem to spread a lot of misinformation/fud urban legend nonsense.

Soon they will be screaming from rooftops as it's guaranteed to fail! Not a matter of if but when! I hear ya! Forums are cool but they seem to spread a lot of misinformation/fud urban legend nonsense.
I would not call this misinformation. Maybe they have fixed the problem, I do not know.

My issues with AFM and auto shut off is that it's all done for fuel economy. Whether the tech is good or bad, the point to me is, how much does that really increase your gas mileage in the real world? If you increased your mileage by 20%, I get it. But what's the real improvement? 1%? Ridiculous.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back