Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Car& Driver Review

DonD

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing
While I'm sure many have seen this but probably some haven't. What follows is a very complimentary review of the 4Blackwing. Don

Overview

We all share a common desire with the 472-hp Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing—a daily commute fraught with hairpins and climbing esses instead of construction cones. Thankfully, the CT4-V Blackwing is an incredibly balanced machine capable of handling both realities, which helped it earn its third consecutive 10Best award for 2024 as well as an Editors' Choice award. When asked, the twin-turbo V-6 under the hood is prompt at delivering up to 445 pound-feet of torque to the rear wheels. The gear shifting in between bouts of excitement is handled by a choice of either a 10-speed automatic or six-speed manual transmission. The Blackwing's adaptive dampers are the perfect tools for soaking up little bumps and keeping the chassis under control during normal or high-performance track driving. This best-of-both-worlds capability makes the CT4-V Blackwing one of the top two sports sedans sold today. Would you believe the other is also a Cadillac? Queue up one thunderous crackle from the 668-hp V-8-powered CT5-V Blackwing. What will go down as one of the best cars we've ever driven, the CT4-V Blackwing won't be around for long, as it will eventually be replaced by a next-generation all-electric Caddy

All true...only sad part is that last line.

My Blackwing 4 is the best car that I have ever owned. Love the car. What a shame that most people don't even know that it exists and that GM is making so few of these beautiful machines.

I'd bet that other than real car enthusiasts, most people who might ask "What is that?" have zero idea what the Blackwings are and their idea of Cadillacs are the old, floating boats. Don

My Blackwing 4 is the best car that I have ever owned. Love the car. What a shame that most people don't even know that it exists and that GM is making so few of these beautiful machines.

To emphasize the "...most people don't even know that it exists..." quote.

I told some registration person at Sebring that I got a new Cadillac. Her comment was "oh, an old man's car." I preceded to break into my well-rehearsed diatribe about this ain't your old-man's Cadillac, spouting it's capabilities that I'm sure I don't need to go into here.

IMG_0450.jpeg

Last edited:
Are you referring at "end of production" part or "replaced by an EV"? Either way, I enjoy the fact that the 4BW won't be around for too long, possibly not beyond 2024. It makes it more special.
Yeah...still bittersweet...such a nice car. I was referring to both but mostly "replaced by an EV"

Yeah...still bittersweet...such a nice car. I was referring to both but mostly "replaced by an EV"
I won't be buying any EV vehicle. I'll keep mine until I need a different ICE vehicle for various reasons. Being dependent on these charging stations is not my cup of tea and the range of EVs is poor at best.

I won't be buying any EV vehicle. I'll keep mine until I need a different ICE vehicle for various reasons. Being dependent on these charging stations is not my cup of tea and the range of EVs is poor at best.
And now we're learning that EVs have a very difficult time charging in cold weather and may damage their batteries by trying charge at low temps.

Like you I'm not going EV. I am impressed with Tesla Plaid Ss doing 0-60 in 1.9 sec but little else. Don

I'm an EV fan (for others) but not so much for myself. That said I'm waiting on the new Toyota MR2 - as I loved my 1st gen Supercharged and I understand that Toyota has a patent on a MT for EV motor (curious at the very least). We also have solar panels on the house where we could do up a nice charging station....but otherwise I have a myriad of issues with EVs. I do hope they keep getting better though...for others at least, if not for myself...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back