Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Delivery Thread - Post Pictures Here!

Thanks everybody! It needs some tint for sure, but I live in VA. I won't roll the dice on tint until I can cross state lines.

Looks like someone in San Diego is about to have a good day!

Attachments

• Satin Steel SD.jpg
    Satin Steel SD.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 268
One of the videos I watched on the BW5 said GM uses monitors in the wheel as part of the magneride control. So are we talking TPM sensors or something additional in each wheel?
With MagRide 4 each hub has an accelerometer bolted to it. They use that to calculate wheel velocity and adjust the shocks. C8 has the same thing.

With MagRide 4 each hub has an accelerometer bolted to it. They use that to calculate wheel velocity and adjust the shocks. C8 has the same thing.
Is that the same thing as a wheel speed sensor ?

Is that the same thing as a wheel speed sensor ?
No, wheel speed sensor is in the hub itself and measures rotation of the hub. This measures the up and down of the hub assembly, think of it like a lateral G sensor attached to the hub. The C8 also maintained the "stick on a lever" suspension displacement sensor that prior gen mag ride cars had but the hub-based sensor provides better fidelity on velocity of movement up and down.

EDIT: Here's the sensor on the rear hub of the C8. I expect the Caddy to be very similar.
20210816_191451468_iOS.jpg

Last edited:
If anyone gets tech bronze wheels with bronze calipers, I would love to see a closeup. Trying to figure out if they are the exact same color, or just close.

Ah ha! Thanks Poorsha! So the accelerometer is bolted to the hub and not the actual wheel itself?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back