Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

Weird, I tried Gold Coast last fall and they wanted over MSRP to place the order for a 5BW. I guess things really fluctuate. Luckily my local lower volume dealer eventually got an allocation.
They might let the sales people determine pricing? I’m not sure, lots of different experiences lol and you're from NJ so out of state adm wouldn’t apply

Does anyone have any leads on Florida dealers not charging above MSRP?
So far all my local dealers are telling me a minimum of a $10k adjustment. The Blackwing is the ONLY Super Sedan with a 6 speed, and I just want to order one without markup.

10k Adjustment:
Dimmit Cadillac of St. Petersburg
Ed Morse Cadillac Brandon

20k Adjustment:
Sunset Cadillac of Bradenton
VERA Broward. Brahman Miami.

Paul Conte Cadillac of Freeport, NY .....kept their promise to sell me CT5 BW at MSRP. Picked it up on June 9th. Ordered back in late October. Photo of me and the owner Carol Conte, receiving my keys. Total pleasure to deal with salesman Danny and GM Tim.

Attachments

• 20220609_165600.jpg
    20220609_165600.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 143
Paul Conte Cadillac of Freeport, NY .....kept their promise to sell me CT5 BW at MSRP. Picked it up on June 9th. Ordered back in late October. Photo of me and the owner Carol Conte, receiving my keys. Total pleasure to deal with salesman Danny and GM Tim.
That's great! Heard good things about them... hope Sarant does the same for me 😁

So, I have a copy of the actual dealer invoice when the car was ordered with the full details of costs between MSRP and Dealer Invoice Cost. GM's price protection policy here is saying that's the price I pay, MSRP, what's priced on the official dealer invoice correct?
If it's a '22, yes that's correct in theory. If your order was not accepted for a '22 and you're moving to a '23, you're SOL like me (and others).

It looks like it's getting more "anything goes" than ever.

If it's a '22, yes that's correct in theory. If your order was not accepted for a '22 and you're moving to a '23, you're SOL like me (and others).

It looks like it's getting more "anything goes" than ever.
Ok, my apologies for not adding a little more detail to the thread. Yes, my order is a "22" 5BW ordered last November, and its built.

Its in purgatory at the distribution center and I'm waiting for that solid delivery date any day now.... WTH! Just today the dealer ran a search and said 31 units of the 5 BW that have been built in the last 6 months +/-, only 6 have been delivered of those 31 as recently as just a few days ago!! What's that about? Anyone have an idea why the hold?

Some "22" 5BW ordered are out there according to this info just received today. Trickling in, but they are out there...

Do you know if anyone has tested the waters on this GM price policy with their dealer(s) anywhere a "possible markup" was pitched verbally and/or contacted GM to get their definitive version of the Price Policy in the article?

This "possible markup" was pitched alot when the first 250 numbered units of 5BW were being chased and locked down with a deposit by most folks wanting in on these cars early! Thanks for the insight, look forward to the discussion.

Last edited:
Ok, my apologies for not adding a little more detail to the thread. Yes, my order is a "22" 5BW ordered last November, and its built.

Its in purgatory at the distribution center and I'm waiting for that solid delivery date any day now.... WTH! Just today the dealer ran a search and said 31 units of the 5 BW have been built in the last 6 months +/-, however only 6 have been delivered of those 31 units as recently as just a few days ago, that's "verbatim".

The "22" 5BW are out there according to this info just received today. Trickling in, but they are out there...

Getting back to you're most important post, do you know if anyone has tested the waters on this GM price policy with their dealer(s) and a markup discussed verbally and/or contacted GM to get their definitive version of the Price Policy?
Unfortunately, your dealer doesn't know what he/she is talking about. Hundreds of 5BWs have been built in the last 6 months, not 31. And of those, many, many more than 6 have been delivered. This is based on the tracker and registry on this web site, which @Rob has created using data pulled from GM.

Unfortunately, your dealer doesn't know what he/she is talking about. Hundreds of 5BWs have been built in the last 6 months, not 31. And of those, many, many more than 6 have been delivered. This is based on the tracker and registry on this web site, which @Rob has created using data pulled from GM
Unfortunately, your dealer doesn't know what he/she is talking about. Hundreds of 5BWs have been built in the last 6 months, not 31. And of those, many, many more than 6 have been delivered. This is based on the tracker and registry on this web site, which @Rob has created using data pulled from GM.
That geographical in nature from the competing dealers in this market sir....Glad to know you are on it! Thanks

Finally picked my 1967 deVille convertible from the engine builder. 2 weeks turned into 6 weeks. Had to find and pay top dollar for hard to find engine parts. Introduced 67' to 22' little brother today. My Dodge Challenger is now jealous. Only had the 5BW for 14 days with 375 miles on the odometer and it has had 3 fillups ! I'm learning to only use Tour Mode for regular driving and I am showing 14 mpg.

Attachments

• 20220623_151548.jpg
    20220623_151548.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 68
Finally picked my 1967 deVille convertible from the engine builder. 2 weeks turned into 6 weeks. Had to find and pay top dollar for hard to find engine parts. Introduced 67' to 22' little brother today. My Dodge Challenger is now jealous. Only had the 5BW for 14 days with 375 miles on the odometer and it has had 3 fillups ! I'm learning to only use Tour Mode for regular driving and I am showing 14 mpg.
First tank averaged 22.2 went 345 miles +/- took 16.5 gallons $96 at 465 miles now only 3 days with car today’s average dropped to 22.1. Super sport sedan status isn’t enough to describe these cars! Can’t wait to get over 500 drive like y stole it!

First tank averaged 22.2 went 345 miles +/- took 16.5 gallons $96 at 465 miles now only 3 days with car today’s average dropped to 22.1. Super sport sedan status isn’t enough to describe these cars! Can’t wait to get over 500 drive like y stole it!
Well this is BS I want my ultimate Cruiser! Have fun!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back