Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Blacking 6MT - Did you know??????????

wschomburg

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT5-V Blackwing
Insert sarcasm here in case I am not obvious ;-)

That if you drive on a 77 mile trip in tour mode and for the most part drive the car in 6th gear and +-3 mph of the posted speed limit (not more than 65 mph for the trip), that in the 30 of the last 50 miles of said trip you can you can average nearly 27MPG? Now of course if you happen to fall off the high MPG band wagon for a short 1/2 mile stomp to blow the doors of some guy in a truck who had to egg you on... that while even driving 10 mph BELOW the posted speed limit for the last 20 miles for the total 50 miles calculated, you will not see in increase in the average mpg nudge up at all.

So boys and girls if you want to get some good mpg be sure to restrain that right foot at all times - ha ha ha!!

20230416_182212.jpg

I have a medical condition that causes an uncontrollable twitch in my right leg. My doctor was baffled until I suggested he drive my 5BW as that’s when it occurs most frequently. Funny thing is he also developed the same symptoms. There doesn’t appear to be any known treatment.

this is how much fuel it uses during a 20 minute track session. Mpg is around 3

Attachments

• 6D6D070F-84CB-4A7B-8F04-67C26AD04417.jpeg
    6D6D070F-84CB-4A7B-8F04-67C26AD04417.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 40
I took my first road trip a week ago. Got over 320 miles on a tank instead of my usual 200 slugging around town.

It is remarkably stingy when on the open road.

I am proud to own the highest average rpm rate on these boards (see the related thread for data). As such I have never gotten close to the OP’s number lol.

Yes, we've talked about how fuel efficient this car is, IF you're not hammering on it. Last year on a trip out and back to CA on I-8 with the cruise set to 80, the instant read out hovered between 24 and 29. On I-10 I can see the same thing. Even with running around town rather spirited, it still gets better fuel economy than my Expedition, which is a 6000 pound brick.

When not in rush hour, I can get 20 mpg to and from work (52 mile round trip). Of course, entrance and exit ramps (when clear) cause that average to take a dip. That's almost the average my Mazda CX-9 used to get, so not bad!

Frankly this car gets the same or slightly better mpg vs. my old 2011 M3 with a 414hp, 295lb/ft 4.0L N/A V8 pushing 3,600lbs. Seems fine for what it is. Easy to get over 20 on the highway, even mid-20s which was never possible with the M3 which hummed along at 2,800rpm at 70mph.

It's really too bad the 7-speed used in the 7th gen Corvettes didn't fit in the CT5 platform. That extra gear would have made a hell of a difference on the highway.

It's really too bad the 7-speed used in the 7th gen Corvettes didn't fit in the CT5 platform. That extra gear would have made a hell of a difference on the highway.
6th is almost lugging at 65mph. No need here.

6th is almost lugging at 65mph. No need here.

The LT4 has so much low-end grunt it can handle it. Easily. And the need is "improving mileage and range," since the 5's tank couldn't be made bigger for the car.

No way I could restrain myself to achieve those numbers on a road trip. I'm the guy rocking 3 radar detectors with a CB Radio so I can stay humming in triple digits. I enjoy watching the gas gauge constantly move when I'm out in her, means I'm enjoying life!!

I have a medical condition that causes an uncontrollable twitch in my right leg. My doctor was baffled until I suggested he drive my 5BW as that’s when it occurs most frequently. Funny thing is he also developed the same symptoms. There doesn’t appear to be any known treatment.

I have a treatment. Sell me your car!!!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners