Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Picking up 24 CT5-V Blackwing

singhmuscle

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
24 CT5-V Blackwing On Order
First of all I want to thank Sewell Dallas Cadillac for fulfilling my CT5V Blackwing order so fast. Put in for an allocation during the summer. Received the allocation/accepted for production in September. Built Oct 16 week and delivered on Oct 31rst ! Probably the fastest turnaround time Ive seen on these. If your in the market, ask for David Wiese! Ill attach some pictures.

Ok, so Im taking a flight frm DC to Dallas this Saturday and driving the car back. Will be a nice road trip and time off along with breaking in the car. The total route is 19 hrs and 1300 miles. I plan to stop halfway to spend a night at a hotel.

Can you guys give me the input for breaking in the car given my circumstances. Ive read the manual abt the 500 and 1500 miles. Only thing Im concerned abt is varying the speed since I will be on the freeway. Maybe vary speed for the first tank of gas and get off and on the ramp a couple times? All input is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Resized_Resized_20231031_152558.jpeg
    Resized_Resized_20231031_152558.jpeg
    318.2 KB · Views: 133
  • Resized_Resized_20231031_152611.jpeg
    Resized_Resized_20231031_152611.jpeg
    124.5 KB · Views: 130
  • Resized_Resized_20231031_152644.jpeg
    Resized_Resized_20231031_152644.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 126
Don’t drone along the highway at a constant speed as you drive back. That could stop your ring’s from sealing properly. Your rear diff also needs break in time. Lindsay in Va could not get one for you? Or Moore Cadillac? Both of them are good dealers. Congrats. Lindsay had a black one with six speed and upgraded interior a week or two ago when I had my 4 BW there for the loom recall. It was nice looking.

First of all I want to thank Sewell Dallas Cadillac for fulfilling my CT5V Blackwing order so fast. Put in for an allocation during the summer. Received the allocation/accepted for production in September. Built Oct 16 week and delivered on Oct 31rst ! Probably the fastest turnaround time Ive seen on these. If your in the market, ask for David Wiese! Ill attach some pictures.

Ok, so Im taking a flight frm DC to Dallas this Saturday and driving the car back. Will be a nice road trip and time off along with breaking in the car. The total route is 19 hrs and 1300 miles. I plan to stop halfway to spend a night at a hotel.

Can you guys give me the input for breaking in the car given my circumstances. Ive read the manual abt the 500 and 1500 miles. Only thing Im concerned abt is varying the speed since I will be on the freeway. Maybe vary speed for the first tank of gas and get off and on the ramp a couple times? All input is greatly appreciated.

For breaking in the car, I recommend taking the southerly route back (I-20), catch the Barber museum outside of Birmingham (Leeds, AL). Stop at Unclaimed Baggage (Scottsboro, AL) for an interesting shopping experience. After you pass Chattanooga, head east to Tellico Plains and drive the Cherohala Skyway. After that, either head north and drive the Tail of the Dragon and resume highway driving, or continue heading east on Hwy 28 and eventually pick up the Blue Ridge Parkway, which will lead to many other great roads or you can just enjoy the Parkway for 400+ miles.

Point is: If you drive the right roads, break-in will happen naturally, you will vary your speed/rpm as appropriate automatically. :) Great chance to catch some great roads. Don't just take the highway all the way back if at all possible.

Edit: These are world class roads. Don't miss your chance to drive them with your Blackwing. More recommendations available if you want to take advantage.

Edit: Anytime you take the Parkway this time of year, you need to check for closures.

Last edited:
Don’t drone along the highway at a constant speed as you drive back. That could stop your ring’s from sealing properly. Your rear diff also needs break in time. Lindsay in Va could not get one for you? Or Moore Cadillac? Both of them are good dealers. Congrats. Lindsay had a black one with six speed and upgraded interior a week or two ago when I had my 4 BW there for the loom recall. It was nice looking.
Not at MSRP.

@bloominguez gave the kind of advice you need.

The LAST thing you should do is drone down a freeway when you have such amazing roads to experience in this amazing machine.

He gave good advice on the easterly portion of the trip. But to begin from Dallas, head to Texarkana and then head towards the Ozarks in southern Arkansas. Hundreds of miles of world class roads in the national forest north of I-40 and east of Ft. Smith. You can find brilliant routes all the way north to I-44 in Missouri.

I’m in DC too, I suggest taking a route that takes you across Rt33 in West Virginia, Buchanan to Elkins then to Seneca Rocks.

@bloominguez gave the kind of advice you need.

The LAST thing you should do is drone down a freeway when you have such amazing roads to experience in this amazing machine.

He gave good advice on the easterly portion of the trip. But to begin from Dallas, head to Texarkana and then head towards the Ozarks in southern Arkansas. Hundreds of miles of world class roads in the national forest north of I-40 and east of Ft. Smith. You can find brilliant routes all the way north to I-44 in Missouri.

Completely agree, I just don't know the good roads until the route gets to Alabama & Tennessee (and then all the way up into Virginia & West Virginia). :)

I did the same thing... bought the CT5-V Blackwing in from Sewell in Dallas and drove it home to Miami with a stop halfway.

The best thing regarding break-in is what Dustin told me to do- every 30 minutes, take an exit ramp and then get back on. That'll give you the varying engine RPM and load you're looking for, and before you know it, 500 miles happens.

Enjoy the drive! You'll be 100% familiar with the car by the time you get home. Best way to do it. Hopefully you got a stick. :D

I did the same thing... bought the CT5-V Blackwing in from Sewell in Dallas and drove it home to Miami with a stop halfway.

The best thing regarding break-in is what Dustin told me to do- every 30 minutes, take an exit ramp and then get back on. That'll give you the varying engine RPM and load you're looking for, and before you know it, 500 miles happens.

Enjoy the drive! You'll be 100% familiar with the car by the time you get home. Best way to do it. Hopefully you got a stick. :D
Yes sir ! I wish I had the time to just wander off through mountain trails and what not but Im trying to get home lol Thats what I have been told and wanted to confirm. As long as Im not placing the engine under load at one gear for some time I should be good 🤙🏼 Going to take my time rowing through the gears and enjoy the manual !

Yes sir ! I wish I had the time to just wander off through mountain trails and what not but Im trying to get home lol Thats what I have been told and wanted to confirm. As long as Im not placing the engine under load at one gear for some time I should be good 🤙🏼 Going to take my time rowing through the gears and enjoy the manual !
Arkansas does have some good driving roads in the west, northwest and north central parts of the state. I flew to Dallas to pick up my car from Dustin at Sewell and drove back to Little Rock never touching the interstate.

Hope you have a great trip back home! Find at least a few curvy bits to enjoy and make you really smile. :)

Happy for you, getting what you wanted in a timely fashion! Enjoy, I'm sure you will. Don

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back