Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5 BW brake parts

Can someone make a list of all of the extra Blackwing parts that was supposed to come with a non-CCB car. I want to see if I can order them all as extras I’m not sure if they are on my car.
Rear

Rear Deflectors 86797524 (L), 86797525 (R)
6 Hex Fasteners 11548002
6 Nuts 11604143

Front

Ball Joint Protector Front Rotor Shield (2) (P/N: LH-23385146 / RH-23385147)

Maybe GM should hire someone from IKEA to write the instructions, would be an improvement. Engineers are horrible at documenting things. Trust me I know, I'm and engineer and work with lots of them everyday. It has taken me a lot of practice to be any good at it.

It's great that GM tried to do something nice for us. But, without some useful documentation, it's largely a wasted effort. - Wastes my time and the dealers time having to deal with customers and not knowing what to install. It would useful if they published an application note that consolidated the information in one place. Customers and the dealers would probably appreciate that. Listing the part number, pictures and diagrams of where the parts go, what vehicles they apply to, etc.

The dealers had an opportunity to send people for training on the BW's and why my dealer did it correctly. My cars were both done right with parts properly installed and things left in the trunk for me.... Is it really Cadillac's fault that the dealers are not doing it correctly? This group is getting to a point that only complains and is never happy.....

The dealers had an opportunity to send people for training on the BW's and why my dealer did it correctly. My cars were both done right with parts properly installed and things left in the trunk for me.... Is it really Cadillac's fault that the dealers are not doing it correctly? This group is getting to a point that only complains and is never happy.....
I see very little complaining in this thread, other than your complaining about the complaining. No one is forcing you to read this and emoji react to it.

I see a lot of useful information trying to discern the parts and pieces for different cars with different options when little info is available from official channels.

Right, and a dealer that gets 2 BWs a year is supposed to send their employees for training and who pays for this (add another ADM). Maybe they sent out a training video in that case. Would an application note hurt? That would probably work for the a large portion of the customers as most seem to be at some level of gearhead and would prefer the dealer doesn't touch their car anyway.

I see very little complaining in this thread, other than your complaining about the complaining. No one is forcing you to read this and emoji react to it.

I see a lot of useful information trying to discern the parts and pieces for different cars with different options when little info is available from official channels.
I never emoji reacted to shit in this thread, and early on tried to accommodate and help..... I have all the paperwork/instructions and numbers but people don't want to hear what I have to say.. You are right about me commenting on this thread and will not bother y'all again.......Sorry I offended you bro! You know, if a person just searched the forum/threads all these questions have been answered before..... I wonder why Mirza does not come around much anymore?

My 'extras' came with instructions on when/how to install. I just assumed they were the right parts.

Lots of complaining going on in here... I like free parts... I guess my dealer took the training... I don't have to worry...
Conor Mckenna Fah GIF by FoilArmsandHog

Seems to be more parts than those.
It's not. Everything else should already be on the car (even though some cars are missing the front tire deflector, which is removed for track use anyway).

Take the rotor shields off, and put new ones one the front. Put the brake deflectors on the rear. That's it for the steel brake track brake cooling kit.

It's not. Everything else should already be on the car (even though some cars are missing the front tire deflector, which is removed for track use anyway).

Take the rotor shields off, and put new ones one the front. Put the brake deflectors on the rear. That's it for the steel brake track brake cooling kit.
Oh ok. All I had in my trunk was the two steel pieces. The ones with the tape around them in the photo attached. That said, I believe they put all other parts on. What do the rears look like.

Attachments

• 225F944D-5726-476C-8E59-760E4E7039C8.png
    225F944D-5726-476C-8E59-760E4E7039C8.png
    6 MB · Views: 59
For the rear, you just take the rotor shields off, and put the plastic air deflectors on. There isn't an alternate rotor shield like the front. What is also confusing is, is that the front also has the air deflector installed at the factory, but the rotor shields need to be swapped out. I don't think the owners manual is very clear on this, (maybe if you read it 20 times) but the factory service manual makes it quite clear.

All the part numbers are contained in the attachment, but you have to dig a little.

CT4 instructions also attached for those interested...

Oh ok. All I had in my trunk was the two steel pieces. The ones with the tape around them in the photo attached. That said, I believe they put all other parts on. What do the rears look like.

Attachments

• Brake Cooling Kit.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 83
  • CT4 BCK.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:
So, I'm just jumping into the middle of this thread, and I certainly don't have a pawn in the game, but let me give you all a little... enlightenment based upon my own personal observations. The majority of dealer techs can barely put their underwear on properly in the morning. "Morons" doesn't even begin to describe...

With that said, I have not seen what Blackwing related courses techs are required to take, or what documentation Cadillac has or has not issued for this procedure. But based upon my experience, a lot of techs, I've seen, couldn't figure out a friggin road map. A lot of dealers are having a hard time holding on to intelligent help with a pulse just like a lot of the rest of the service industry.

Keep that in mind...

So, I'm just jumping into the middle of this thread, and I certainly don't have a pawn in the game, but let me give you all a little... enlightenment based upon my own personal observations. The majority of dealer techs can barely put their underwear on properly in the morning. "Morons" doesn't even begin to describe...

With that said, I have not seen what Blackwing related courses techs are required to take, or what documentation Cadillac has or has not issued for this procedure. But based upon my experience, a lot of techs, I've seen, couldn't figure out a friggin road map. A lot of dealers are having a hard time holding on to intelligent help with a pulse just like a lot of the rest of the service industry.

Keep that in mind...
I think the old joke applies, "look around, half of the people you see are dumber than average."

That being said, that is exactly why all of these owners of these cars are here. Trying to figure out all of the details. We aren't "complaining" so much as questioning. We want all of the info available. The so called experts at the dealership know a little about a lot of cars, this group is laser focused to know a lot about ONE (two, acutally) car.

Last edited:
The left side is the Ball Joint Protector Front Rotor Shield (should be one for each side). I cannot remember for sure if CCB cars are supposed to have these installed for track use but I DO think so. The original shield is to be removed, and these installed so that the front air deflectors have a path to send the air to the rotors.

The other plastic pieces are the rear lower control arm deflectors. I know for sure that CCB cars do not need these, as posted by Mirza. These are for steel brake cars only as they need the additional cooling. Again, this is for steel brake cars only.View attachment 12283View attachment 12284
Thanks @Daijoubu. I assume these are supplied with every 5BW, even those without CCB? I don't have CCB, and found these in my trunk - was not quite sure what to do with them. Should they be installed and left on for normal driving? Or only for track? Seems like a lot of work to install and remove for each track session. Thx!

I think the old joke applies, "look around, half of the people you see are dumber than average."

That being said, that is exactly why all of these owners of these cars are here. Trying to figure out all of the details. We aren't "complaining" so much as questioning. We want all of the info available. The so called experts at the dealership know a little about a lot of cars, this group is laser focused to know a lot about ONE (two, acutally) car.
Very well said and exactly right

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners