Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5 BW brake parts

jkg

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2013 V wagon stealth blue (sold, so sad); 2022 CT5 Blackwing
Hello - can anyone confirm what pieces are supposed to come with the car from new? i have iron brakes. the owner's manual refers to brake shield and cooling ducts both
my car came with plastic air ducts bolted to the lower suspension arm front and rear. on the fronts, there is a huge gap where normally a rotor shield would be, probably so the cooling air can get to the rotor. but in winter, and on the street, i would prefer to protect the rotor from the environment if possible. the owner's manual says there is supposed to be rotor shielding somewhere. anyone able to help fill in the blanks? there are 2 thin black metal pieces in the trunk, but they are too narrow and small to fit in the front rotors. i cant seem to figure out what these 2 thin pieces are

Hello - can anyone confirm what pieces are supposed to come with the car from new? i have iron brakes. the owner's manual refers to brake shield and cooling ducts both
my car came with plastic air ducts bolted to the lower suspension arm front and rear. on the fronts, there is a huge gap where normally a rotor shield would be, probably so the cooling air can get to the rotor. but in winter, and on the street, i would prefer to protect the rotor from the environment if possible. the owner's manual says there is supposed to be rotor shielding somewhere. anyone able to help fill in the blanks? there are 2 thin black metal pieces in the trunk, but they are too narrow and small to fit in the front rotors. i cant seem to figure out what these 2 thin pieces are
Rear aero brake ducts? Unless you plan on tracking car which im not,
Told dealer not to install them

Here are the places I am aware of that this has been discussed: Look out primarily for posts from @Mirza Grebovic.

its still all a little confusing to me. plastic air ducts stay on, on all 4 lower control arms?
black metal pieces go where? protect front ball joint on track?

Last edited:
I just spent 3 months and 10 hours of my time getting dealer to correct rear brake cooling issue.
This is why I am certain Cadillac will not offer great freebies like this in the future for us track folks. Tried to do something awesome and something this simple and minor turns into an elephant lol. I also see JKG is still not sure and and the response on all plastic vents on lower control arms will just create ton more confusion since "vents" puts everything at doubt.

I just wrote an entire page on this and deleted it all because of fear of more confusion so I will try again on the V-Club forum and explain everything about these parts to the best of my ability. I will also explain why I did something between road and full track set up on my personal car. Here go 3 hours of my vacation lol.

Sorry. “Vents” should be ducts. I will correct post

JK, there is an aero plastic shield on all lower rear links, 4 and 5, has nothing to do with brake cooling, part of PDI for installtion. That was the confusion, the vent or duct is not the issue. Rear suspension has two lower control links and one in rear has aero shield the one in front optional track deflector.

So those thin black metal plates in the trunk are for the rear? That would explain why I couldn’t find anywhere to put them up front. I removed the front plastic things that I thought were air deflectors or ducts on the lower control arms for winter. Guess I’ll put them back on at some point.

This is why I am certain Cadillac will not offer great freebies like this in the future for us track folks. Tried to do something awesome and something this simple and minor turns into an elephant lol. I also see JKG is still not sure and and the response on all plastic vents on lower control arms will just create ton more confusion since "vents" puts everything at doubt.

I just wrote an entire page on this and deleted it all because of fear of more confusion so I will try again on the V-Club forum and explain everything about these parts to the best of my ability. I will also explain why I did something between road and full track set up on my personal car. Here go 3 hours of my vacation lol.
Darn, I hope not and please do not think about this while on vacation. We got the info here and dealers can correct any issues. Sorry for jumping in here it was bad timing with just getting mine corrected. We have some of the best driving and most practical cars in the world for the money and that's all due to the experts at Cadillac past and present including the racing teams, which is what really matters.

So those thin black metal plates in the trunk are for the rear? That would explain why I couldn’t find anywhere to put them up front. I removed the front plastic things that I thought were air deflectors or ducts on the lower control arms for winter. Guess I’ll put them back on at some point.
No, thin metal plates are for the front if they look like a small tomahawk with two screw holes. It replaces the front gray splash shields that cover the lower portion of the rotor, the tomahawk portion protects the front ball joint from heat when on the track while exposing more of the rotor surface for improved brake cooling on track.

Darn, I hope not and please do not think about this while on vacation. We got the info here and dealers can correct any issues. Sorry for jumping in here it was bad timing with just getting mine corrected. We have some of the best driving and most practical cars in the world for the money and that's all due to the experts at Cadillac past and present including the racing teams, which is what really matters.
Don't sweat it, bottom line don't install anything in the brake cooling zip bag during PDI unless going to the track right away. There is a lot more bags in the trunk for parts that should be installed at PDI.

Thats was an awesome post! Very informative..

What's the website address for the v-club forum? I can't seem to find it

5c980772cda3fc42aa90b41b1b880ee02cfe3714fff8fdef0b988b7dcfd44dd6.jpg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners