Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5 BW brake parts

I have the ceramic composite brakes and my new CT5 came with a bag containing four foam pads which look like plumbing pipe insulation. They are supposed to be placed on the rotors whenever the wheels come on or off to prevent chipping/damage to the rotors (which aren’t cheap). I did not get the cooling ducts but I’m pretty sure they aren’t included with ceramics?
Correct. CCBs do not need the extra cooling according to the pages and pages of posts I've read here trying to figure out what the heck I am missing.

Correct. CCBs do not need the extra cooling according to the pages and pages of posts I've read here trying to figure out what the heck I am missing.
Are you guys sure about the CCB not getting the ducts???? I thought I saw somewhere the ducts come with both brakes...

I have the ceramic composite brakes and my new CT5 came with a bag containing four foam pads which look like plumbing pipe insulation. They are supposed to be placed on the rotors whenever the wheels come on or off to prevent chipping/damage to the rotors (which aren’t cheap). I did not get the cooling ducts but I’m pretty sure they aren’t included with ceramics?
The cooling ducts were included for my 5bw with ccb

Again to clarify are the ball joint deflectors supposed to be installed during pdi? Asking because my dealer installed nothing during pdi. I do have CCBs.

PXL_20220712_181937263.jpg

This is why I am certain Cadillac will not offer great freebies like this in the future for us track folks. Tried to do something awesome and something this simple and minor turns into an elephant lol. I also see JKG is still not sure and and the response on all plastic vents on lower control arms will just create ton more confusion since "vents" puts everything at doubt.

I just wrote an entire page on this and deleted it all because of fear of more confusion so I will try again on the V-Club forum and explain everything about these parts to the best of my ability. I will also explain why I did something between road and full track set up on my personal car. Here go 3 hours of my vacation lol.
Hey can you dm me that post page as I am not on V net. Also does anyone have a copy of the Instructions that came with the extra parts in the trunk that can be posted?

I don’t have either of these parts kitted. I have CCBs. I have not checked to see if they’re installed because I’m not sure where they go.

F8AD3D57-69AC-4066-BBA0-9EDDA34A8841.jpeg

The left side is the Ball Joint Protector Front Rotor Shield (should be one for each side). I cannot remember for sure if CCB cars are supposed to have these installed for track use but I DO think so. The original shield is to be removed, and these installed so that the front air deflectors have a path to send the air to the rotors.

The other plastic pieces are the rear lower control arm deflectors. I know for sure that CCB cars do not need these, as posted by Mirza. These are for steel brake cars only as they need the additional cooling. Again, this is for steel brake cars only.
Screenshot 2022-08-31 08.30.41.png
Screenshot 2022-08-31 08.29.07.png

I don’t have either of these parts kitted. I have CCBs. I have not checked to see if they’re installed because I’m not sure where they go.

View attachment 12282

Last edited:
The left side is the Ball Joint Protector Front Rotor Shield (should be one for each side). I cannot remember for sure if CCB cars are supposed to have these installed for track use but I DO think so. The original shield is to be removed, and these installed so that the front air deflectors have a path to send the air to the rotors.

The other plastic pieces are the rear lower control arm deflectors. I know for sure that CCB cars do not need these, as posted by Mirza. These are for steel brake cars only as they need the additional cooling. Again, this is for steel brake cars only.View attachment 12283View attachment 12284
Thank you, that was very helpful.

Did you ever figure out what these are and if they’re supposed to be installed for street? Mine came in a large plastic bag with no instructions.
yes they need to be installed..front tire deflectors..they go directly behind the splitter #2 on the image below.
Screenshot_20220717-164814.png

Last edited:
yes they need to be installed..front wheel deflectors..they go directly behind the splitter
Do we know if EVERY car is supposed to have these? Is it part of CF1, CF2, or CCB? I have none of those, and my car doesn't have these. You can kind of see the general outline of where these go, as well as the holes for the fasteners. They are supposed to be removed for track use, so there's that.
PXL_20220717_205212529.jpg

Do we know if EVERY car is supposed to have these? Is it part of CF1, CF2, or CCB? I have none of those, and my car doesn't have these. You can kind of see the general outline of where these go, as well as the holes for the fasteners. They are supposed to be removed for track use, so there's that.View attachment 12286
As per my dealer parts dept CF and non-CF cars have them. I have them on with my CF front splitter.

As per my dealer parts dept CF and non-CF cars have them. I have them on with my CF front splitter.
Interestingly, from @poor-sha 's video under the 5BW. He has additional strakes installed that I don't have, and it doesn't look like these front tire deflectors. This is a CF and CCB car. I wonder if those strakes are part of the CCBs to direct debris away from them while leaving a channel of air to hit the brake deflector.
Screenshot 2022-08-31 09.15.46.png

Interestingly, from @poor-sha 's video under the 5BW. He has additional strakes installed that I don't have, and it doesn't look like these front tire deflectors. This is a CF and CCB car. I wonder if those strakes are part of the CCBs to direct debris away from them while leaving a channel of air to hit the brake deflector.View attachment 12288
I can't tell what the strakes look like or if it is hidden by the tire deflectors on my car..will check my car...it's at the dealer now.

Can someone make a list of all of the extra Blackwing parts that was supposed to come with a non-CCB car. I want to see if I can order them all as extras I’m not sure if they are on my car.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back