Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Help! CT5 2023 no gps or Onstar

Need help topic

Larry2013ct5

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT5 Cadillac
used 2023 CT5, GPS and Onstar not working, fuse 0k and wires are connected in the trunk. Want to get it working. This may have been a recovered stolen vehicle, no warranty.

When I got my 22 5BW, the Bluetooth didn’t work. Dealer deleted and reloaded the software. Didn’t help. Finally got it to play from my phone by using Apple car play. Also I connect the phone to the car with the power cord. That also helps.

I don’t use the car GPS because I use the screen for infotainment. Instead I got a Garmin Drive Smart 86, mounted on top off the screen with Velcro’s tape. No problem holding it. Works great. Probably available on Amazon. Has voice command.

Drive Smart series will automatically search for and install GPS database updates every time it shuts down. Not necessary to remove and connect to a computer.

I think that would be the most cost effective option.

Just noticed you also have an Onstar problem. That has to be an antenna or software problem (I think). You might try contacting Onstar for troubleshooting help. I have found that no matter what problem I have, I am not the first person to have that problem. Almost always, someone else has had a similar problem.

used 2023 CT5, GPS and Onstar not working, fuse 0k and wires are connected in the trunk. Want to get it working. This may have been a recovered stolen vehicle, no warranty.
I bought mine new. I parked it 3 weeks ago and everything was working. Connected to trickle charger like normal, and everything worked today when I drove it except for onstar and gps. Same issue you described.

Any resolution to this? It appears there is a time / date related bug with the system.

Since both of those go through a satellite antenna, I suspect that they share a common problem. I suggest contacting OnStar. They probably have had this problem before and should be able to help. It might also be a software issue. In any event, OnStar would be the first place I would try.

Since both of those go through a satellite antenna, I suspect that they share a common problem. I suggest contacting OnStar. They probably have had this problem before and should be able to help. It might also be a software issue. In any event, OnStar would be the first place I would try.
Onstar is no help…they want it to go back to dealer. Dealer is 2 weeks out for appointments.

I used that word because it would get the attention of the customer support department at Cadillac.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back