Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Factory Alarm

Eberk

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 ctsv4 bw
Hi and Thanks for accepting me. Just got a slightly used 2023 CT4-V BW and wondering how good the factory alarms are? I had a Compustar alarm with all the sensors along with drone mobile in my Hellcat. I’m in DFW area and hellcats get stolen almost daily so it was a requirement.

The manual says they come with tilt/motion sensors and you can press button on overhead panel to turn off if you leave pets etc in the car. Mine doesn’t have this button so guessing it doesn’t have motion sensors? Is there a certain package you need to have for the upgraded alarm system? Also are these cars stolen a lot? I have seen a few posts from fb groups but what have y’all heard? Thanks
IMG_7244.jpeg

IMG_7245.jpeg

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Beautiful looking ride.

Congrats and welcome!

The button to turn off the tilt/interior motion sensor is up near the map lights/rear view. It's the center button shown below (this is from my 5BW, presumably the 4 has this as well?). I don't know about aftermarket alarms, but OEM alarms are nothing more than a nuisance to neighbors when you panic after accidentally hitting the panic button. "Smash and grabbers" don't give two shits about an alarm and people that want to steal your BW are just making a new FOB and driving away with it.

20240205_092642.jpg

Congrats and welcome? Good questions....(I have no idea).

I've always thought having a MT is the very best deterrent to theft. Also best not to drive a Honda (not hating....just a fact....folks steal them for parts)...

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Beautiful looking ride.
Thank You 😊
Congrats and welcome!

The button to turn off the tilt/interior motion sensor is up near the map lights/rear view. It's the center button shown below (this is from my 5BW, presumably the 4 has this as well?). I don't know about aftermarket alarms, but OEM alarms are nothing more than a nuisance to neighbors when you panic after accidentally hitting the panic button. "Smash and grabbers" don't give two shits about an alarm and people that want to steal your BW are just making a new FOB and driving away with it.

View attachment 24129
Congrats and welcome!

View attachment 24129
ok maybe it’s only in the 5 cause that spot is blacked out where a button could be.

Thanks for reply I will probably just put another Compustar in or maybe just the gps tracker I have so will get alert it’s being stolen.

Hi and Thanks for accepting me. Just got a slightly used 2023 CT4-V BW and wondering how good the factory alarms are? I had a Compustar alarm with all the sensors along with drone mobile in my Hellcat. I’m in DFW area and hellcats get stolen almost daily so it was a requirement.

The manual says they come with tilt/motion sensors and you can press button on overhead panel to turn off if you leave pets etc in the car. Mine doesn’t have this button so guessing it doesn’t have motion sensors? Is there a certain package you need to have for the upgraded alarm system? Also are these cars stolen a lot? I have seen a few posts from fb groups but what have y’all heard? Thanks
View attachment 24126
View attachment 24127
Welcome! You might want to consider a cutoff and GPS for the car. I'm in the DFW area as well and the V-Club has a deal set up with a guy that comes out and will install a cutoff, GPS and trans cut off at your home garage. I had it installed last week and love it. I can use my phone to locate the car and to turn on and off the cutoff. Perfect for our area where car thefts are growing.

I've always thought having a MT is the very best deterrent to theft. Also best not to drive a Honda (not hating....just a fact....folks steal them for parts)...
Or Hyundai and Kia’s.
Onstar can locate your car, the app to locate your car works reasonably well, I tracked my car while it was being shipped to my home for about a week.

Welcome! You might want to consider a cutoff and GPS for the car. I'm in the DFW area as well and the V-Club has a deal set up with a guy that comes out and will install a cutoff, GPS and trans cut off at your home garage. I had it installed last week and love it. I can use my phone to locate the car and to turn on and off the cutoff. Perfect for our area where car thefts are growing.
What’s the system called?

What’s the system called?
The GPS is Trackmate. If you get onto the DFW V-Club FB page his info is on there as he has a special deal for club members. Mike's number is: 214/505-5136

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back