Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Ct4V BW Outside Bumper Edges

bigE1844

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing
I have a non CF Blackwing and recently came across a steeper expected road curb / sidewalk and scratched up the gloss black piece on the passenger side edge of the front bumper. I have searched online for a new part but I am unable to locate it exactly. Does anyone either know the technical name for that or have a part number to properly search? With this being the first part to with clearance issues for park curbs as well I assume it will be a common replacement.

Go to any of the online parts sites. Put in your year and body style. Then select Body, then
Bumper and Components - Front. It's number 13. Or you can just type in these part numbers:

1692845307329.png

There is a $75 core charge, and they probably will be primer surfaced and need painting. The plastic rocker molding did. If it's just scratched/scuffed you'd be better off having a body shop fix it and paint it.

Last edited:
Go to any of the online parts sites. Put in your year and body style. Then select Body, then
Bumper and Components - Front. It's number 13. Or you can just type in these part numbers:

View attachment 21261

There is a $75 core charge, and they probably will be primer surfaced and need painting. The plastic rocker molding did. If it's just scratched/scuffed you'd be better off having a body shop fix it and paint it.
Thanks for the look up, I saw that exploded view on one site but that part number they had listed was for something on the rear. I agree though I would probably be better off having someone repair it for that cost of new. I believe it is just 2 bolts in the bottom and it comes right off.

No, you have 4 T5 screws and 3 clips. The clips will be white unlike the one I'm showing here in black, but physically the same. They push in front up top inside the bumper cover. There are openings underneath where you can see the bottom of the clips. The three tabs of the splitter slip through three slits in the bumper cover, and the clips hold it in place. I had my whole bumper cover off (shown below) so you can see what is going on. To disengage them, press on the tongue and push it up. I tested getting the clips back on, and it looks like you can do it if they are in position and you can get a small screwdriver into the slot of the clip between the tongue and the side, then push it in pulling the clip into position. You can see my splitter is also scraped. I've since had the driveway to street slope fixed and the carbon is still intact :cool:

1692850664040.png

1692850853953.png

1692851047390.png

1692851184670.png

1692851356153.png

1692851403309.png

I can't verify the screwdriver will pull in the clip in the car, but it worked in my lap. 🤭

No, you have 4 T5 screws and 3 clips. The clips will be white unlike the one I'm showing here in black, but physically the same. They push in front up top inside the bumper cover. There are openings underneath where you can see the bottom of the clips. The three tabs of the splitter slip through three slits in the bumper cover, and the clips hold it in place. I had my whole bumper cover off (shown below) so you can see what is going on. To disengage them, press on the tongue and push it up. I tested getting the clips back on, and it looks like you can do it if they are in position and you can get a small screwdriver into the slot of the clip between the tongue and the side, then push it in pulling the clip into position. You can see my splitter is also scraped. I've since had the driveway to street slope fixed and the carbon is still intact :cool:
Awesome and informative post, thank you.

OP, I scuffed up mine as well and agonized over it. I decided to just leave them alone because I figured it would inevitably happen again, and lo and behold it has, several times.

If I were to do something about it, I would probably take them off, sand down the scuffage, and spritz them with some gloss black, rather than shelling out to replace them. I doubt it would be noticeable based on where they are.

My other side was scuffed worse than the one shown. But you couldn't see either one unless you put your head to the ground to look up at it. Eventually there will be other underside plastics that will get scuffed too.

@sethsquire (and @bigE1844) I scuffed mine like three weeks after getting the car and got a recommendation to just put matching black tape on both sides rather than replacing. You can barely tell the tape is there, and it’s easy to switch out if a new scuff occurs. I don’t even think about it anymore. It’s on the leading edge of the splitter here;

52D3521C-EE76-4AE1-BC10-4A67137B74D1.jpeg

@sethsquire (and @bigE1844) I scuffed mine like three weeks after getting the car and got a recommendation to just put matching black tape on both sides rather than replacing. You can barely tell the tape is there, and it’s easy to switch out if a new scuff occurs. I don’t even think about it anymore. It’s on the leading edge of the splitter here;

View attachment 21279
This is a fantastic idea!

Edit: Which tape did you use? Just black electrical tape?

If you want to get fancy, you might try this stuff. Saw an example at the local detailer and it is almost a perfect match. It doesn't look like you can buy it yourself, but if your detailer has it they might be able to sell you a piece or install it for you. I think it installs similar to ppf. DYNOcarbon-gloss Carbon Fiber Pattern PPF | STEK USA

This is a fantastic idea!

Edit: Which tape did you use? Just black electrical tape?

It was actually done by a body shop that repaired a paint scratch for me. I asked them for advice on the CF scuff, and they did the taping while it was there as a courtesy. So I’m not 100% sure. But I think electrical tape would do the trick!

View attachment 21279
What are we looking at?

Awesome and informative post, thank you.

OP, I scuffed up mine as well and agonized over it. I decided to just leave them alone because I figured it would inevitably happen again, and lo and behold it has, several times.

If I were to do something about it, I would probably take them off, sand down the scuffage, and spritz them with some gloss black, rather than shelling out to replace them. I doubt it would be noticeable based on where they are.
Not a bad idea, I initially thought mine was worse that it is because what I was seeing was the PPF that had peeled up because of it. That definitely helped lessen the hit but I agree, it will happen again especially out in the WV roads.

Not a bad idea, I initially thought mine was worse that it is because what I was seeing was the PPF that had peeled up because of it. That definitely helped lessen the hit but I agree, it will happen again especially out in the WV roads.
I actually had the exact same experience. I though they were absolutely wrecked but what I'm actually looking at is the wrecked ppf. I think it would look a lot better if I pulled it off, but I'm going to try and maybe cut it back a bit and try Seth's tape fix

I actually had the exact same experience. I though they were absolutely wrecked but what I'm actually looking at is the wrecked ppf. I think it would look a lot better if I pulled it off, but I'm going to try and maybe cut it back a bit and try Seth's tape fix
That tape is a solid idea but might look off sense mine is not CF, just the glass black. I may pull my PPF off too. The guy that installed it may put another piece back on for free/cheap and that would probably disguise most of whatever damage is there, if possible that is.

That tape is a solid idea but might look off sense mine is not CF, just the glass black. I may pull my PPF off too. The guy that installed it may put another piece back on for free/cheap and that would probably disguise most of whatever damage is there, if possible that is.
That's interesting. I would think the black tape would work better on the gloss black than the carbon fiber, since it would match better. I'll put my theory to the test at some point in the next few days.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back