Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Blackwing front bumper clearance

CT5-V Model
Two weeks into my Blackwing owenership I scraped the hell out of the front corner pieces when pulling into a friend's driveway. Went on an angle, which didn't help because the lowest part is in the corner.. This is a driveway that I had pulled into several times with no incident in my S2000.

The height isn't the only dimension you need...it's height plus distance to the wheels. Be careful out there, kids.View attachment 23769

Edit: I just saw that this thread is specifically referring to the 5BW. For clarity, my car pictured above is a 4.
Similar situation happened to me, except it was a transition between two sloped streets and the water channel rut between them. The PPF was shredded so I masked off around the area and carefully sliced the damaged ppf off which protected most of the lip. Because it was gloss black I was able to wet sand it with 1k to 2k grit and followed it up with a few coats of gloss black touch up paint, compound and polish. It turned out pretty good.

I meant to have the PPF redone but I didn’t get around to it. You can’t do a fix like that with CF. That was the main reason i didn’t want the CF package because I knew it would inevitably happen given the way the streets are around here.
IMG_2214.png

Last edited:
Similar situation happened to me, except it was a transition between two sloped streets and the water channel rut between them. The PPF was shredded so I masked off around the area and carefully sliced the damaged ppf off which protected most of the lip. Because it was gloss black I was able to wet sand it with 1k to 2k grit and followed it up with a few coats of gloss black touch up paint, compound and polish. It turned out pretty good.

I meant to have the PPF redone but I didn’t get around to it. You can’t do a fix like that with CF. That was the main reason i didn’t want the CF package because I knew it would inevitably happen given the way the streets are around here. View attachment 23778
Any chance you could measure from the lowest point of the splitter to the ground and post the results? Got a couple different answers already, 5 1/2 inches and over 7 inches.

Any chance you could measure from the lowest point of the splitter to the ground and post the results? Got a couple different answers already, 5 1/2 inches and over 7 inches.
It’s low, lower than I expected. Here’s the photos so you can see where I measured on the passenger side.

The 2024 5BW without CF1

The splitter is just under 6.5in at its lowest point

IMG_2231.jpeg

The passenger side front wheel wind deflector (which is flexible) at its lowest point is just under 4.5in

IMG_2232.jpeg

The plastic underbelly (somewhat flexible) at its lowest point is a little under 4.5in
IMG_2233.jpeg

For reference I measured my stock 2010 987.2 Cayman base and it’s front lip at the center is 8in, the sides and belly pan are 5.5in and its lowest point is the flexible wheel deflectors at 3.5in.

Attachments

• IMG_2232.jpeg
    IMG_2232.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
It’s low, lower than I expected. Here’s the photos so you can see where I measured on the passenger side.

The 2024 5BW without CF1

The splitter is just under 6.5in at its lowest point

View attachment 23797

The passenger side front wheel wind deflector (which is flexible) at its lowest point is just under 4.5in

View attachment 23799

The plastic underbelly (somewhat flexible) at its lowest point is a little under 4.5in
View attachment 23800

For reference I measured my stock 2010 987.2 Cayman base and it’s front lip at the center is 8in, the sides and belly pan are 5.5in and its lowest point is the flexible wheel deflectors at 3.5in.
This is perfect! Thank you very much!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners