Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Blackwing front bumper clearance

CT5-V Model

blownJeepSRT8

Hello I’m a new member in the process of starting my order of a 2024 CT5-V blackwing.

Just curious if anyone knows the front bumper clearance on a stock 2024? Any difference between carbon fiber and non carbon splitters? I searched google and couldn’t find an answer.

Anyone have issues scraping on steep driveways?

Hello I’m a new member in the process of starting my order of a 2024 CT5-V blackwing.

Just curious if anyone knows the front bumper clearance on a stock 2024? Any difference between carbon fiber and non carbon splitters? I searched google and couldn’t find an answer.

I don't have carbon fiber on my 2023 CT4-V Blackwing. Right between 5 and 5.5 inches on the front bumper. When you have a steep driveway, it is important to enter it at a 90 degree angle and then turn in. I have never scraped mine.

Two weeks into my Blackwing owenership I scraped the hell out of the front corner pieces when pulling into a friend's driveway. Went on an angle, which didn't help because the lowest part is in the corner.. This is a driveway that I had pulled into several times with no incident in my S2000.

The height isn't the only dimension you need...it's height plus distance to the wheels. Be careful out there, kids.
IMG_9538.jpeg

Edit: I just saw that this thread is specifically referring to the 5BW. For clarity, my car pictured above is a 4.

Last edited:
Two weeks into my Blackwing owenership I scraped the hell out of the front corner pieces when pulling into a friend's driveway. Went on an angle, which didn't help because the lowest part is in the corner.. This is a driveway that I had pulled into several times with no incident in my S2000.

The height isn't the only dimension you need...it's height plus distance to the wheels. Be careful out there, kids.
I regularly scrape the front brake air ducts on my 2017 Z06 going in/out of my driveway. Have to go at an extreme angle. The z06 is stock ride height without the cf front splitter. I can only assume the blackwing isn’t nearly as low to the ground at the z06, but again, couldn’t find this info online. Just curious. Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

Mine is in winter storage at the moment, sitting on 3/8" carpet strips, with the tires pumped up to 42 lbs. I just measured it at 7-1/2". I would guesstimate that under normal driving conditions, it would be between 7 and 7-1/4". Dunno.gif

Welcome to the forum.

Mine is in winter storage at the moment, sitting on 3/8" carpet strips, with the tires pumped up to 42 lbs. I just measured it at 7-1/2". I would guesstimate that under normal driving conditions, it would be between 7 and 7-1/4". View attachment 23770
Thanks!! Love that white color you have. Debating white or full blacked out… but I own 2 other black cars. Decisions

I don't have carbon fiber on my 2023 CT4-V Blackwing. Right between 5 and 5.5 inches on the front bumper. When you have a steep driveway, it is important to enter it at a 90 degree angle and then turn in. I have never scraped mine.
Enter at 90 degrees to the driveway? That for sure would solve the problem.

I think it was determined previously that there isn't a meaningful height difference between CF and non-CF, but as Mr. Yogurt mentioned, CF protrudes out from the lower fascia considerably further than the non-CF.

Enter at 90 degrees to the driveway? That for sure would solve the problem.
I know that trying to get up my driveway in an ATS-V coming straight at the driveway did not work and if I hadn't stopped, I would have damaged my front end. When I approached the driveway at an angle, the car went up fine without hitting the concrete.

I have 8K miles daily mine with the standard lip and have zero scrapes. I've scraped the underbody panel, yes, but not the lip. Go slow and at an angle on steep drives and it's not that bad. The front overhang is pretty short, which helps.

These fit my 5 with the CF splitter (10.8 degree angle). Due to the shape of the splitter, it's quite close at the inside edge of the ramp (which is aligned to the inside of the tire), but there's plenty of room on the outside

Thanks!! Love that white color you have. Debating white or full blacked out… but I own 2 other black cars. Decisions
Check out the threads about the absolutely horrible black paint some of us got on our cars from the factory. If I had to do it all over again, I would have chosen white. Although with paint correction and full PPF, my car looks f-cking fantastic I have to say!

Check out the threads about the absolutely horrible black paint some of us got on our cars from the factory. If I had to do it all over again, I would have chosen white. Although with paint correction and full PPF, my car looks f-cking fantastic I have to say!
I read it here somewhere that Rift is the fastest color.

I was disappointed when they discontinued Rift and Blaze Orange. My original order was for Blaze Orange, but I ended up with Summit White.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back