Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Carbon fiber PN database.

I think I finally figured it out. I'll describe it here in case anyone in the future has a similar problem.

If you search for this same body part using the CT4-V (non-Blackwing), parts 7, 8, and 9 show up. It is called Rocker Panel Molding Trim Insert (84760388 left, 84760389 right). Part 8 is Multi-purpose Clip (1157341) and part 9 is Multi-purpose Rivet (11516807). I count 8 rivets per side.

Although it says this insert does not fit the Blackwing, I think it assumes the Blackwing is using the carbon insert and my car does not have the carbon package. Looking at the Youtube reviews of the regular V, this insert looks identical. Also, whether looking up the Blackwing or the regular V, all the parts 1 through 6 in the diagram are the same part numbers. So I think the problem lies with a false assumption in the parts manual that the Blackwings are all using the carbon rocker insert. I think this also likely means anyone wanting to upgrade to the carbon part only needs the carbon insert and the rivets since the Rocker Panel Guard is the same for both.

The standard insert I found for as low as $90 and the (pricey) rivets are $6- $7 each. I hope a standard pop rivet tool works with them. Also, it says primer so I'll also have to get it painted. I'll post again if I find out anything different after I get the part, assuming it's available.
thank you. I have a damaged base/standard rocker as well and this is helpful

Checking today for CF parts and discovered the rear diffuser for the BW5 is discontinued.

rear diffuser PN 84981408

Screenshot 2022-11-02 151356.jpg

The replacement part# shows as invalid

Checking today for CF parts and discovered the rear diffuser for the BW5 is discontinued.

View attachment 13970

The replacement part# shows as invalid
Check different web sites. I googled the part number and the first one was gmpartstore.com and it listed the part apparently in stock. I noticed looking for mine some sites showed discontinued or out of inventory.

1667424038859.png

Here are the OEM carbon fibers part numbers for both the 4 & 5 Blackwing. Use a variety of online sources to check prices such as Gmpartsdirect, GMpartscorp.com, etc.

CT4-BW:

Rear Spoiler PN 85561509
Front Splitter PN 84433235
Wheel deflector PN 84586281
Wheel deflector PN 84586282
Rocker Extension PN 84795019
Rocker Extension PN 84795020
Dive Plane PN 84996873
Dive Plane PN 84996874
Rear Valance Diffuser PN 84981410

CT5-BW:

Front Grille Header PN 85104596
front splitter PN 84432226
front side wheel deflector right PN 84490400
front side wheel deflector left PN 84490401
deflector kit PN 84624552
right rocker molding PN 84965190
left rocker molding PN 84965189
rear wing PN 85561511
I think the correct PN for the BW5 front grille header is: 86788444. I ordered the PN listed here (85104596) & received a whole damn grille (see pic)! I contacted the dealer I purchased from and he informed me the correct number (86788444). When I ordered that PN, I got the correct piece. It arrived today & is marked with that PN (as pictured).

I ordered all of the other CF for BW5 (except the rear diffuser & rcoker moldings) using the PNs listed here & they were all correct. Thanks or compiling!

Attachments

• IMG_5550.jpg
    IMG_5550.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_5779.jpg
    IMG_5779.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_5782.jpg
    IMG_5782.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_5780.jpg
    IMG_5780.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_5781.jpg
    IMG_5781.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 114
I think the correct PN for the BW5 front grille header is: 86788444. I ordered the PN listed here (85104596) & received a whole damn grille (see pic)! I contacted the dealer I purchased from and he informed me the correct number (86788444). When I ordered that PN, I got the correct piece. It arrived today & is marked with that PN (as pictured).

I ordered all of the other CF for BW5 (except the rear diffuser & rcoker moldings) using the PNs listed here & they were all correct. Thanks or compiling!
Thanks, Badillac. I have a question for you. When I look up P/N: 84624552 for the 5BW Deflector Kit it shows $52.16 and shows a picture of one unit. Is this for both pieces or do I need to order 2ea. of these? Thanks!

Updated, thanks

Thanks, Badillac. I have a question for you. When I look up P/N: 84624552 for the 5BW Deflector Kit it shows $52.16 and shows a picture of one unit. Is this for both pieces or do I need to order 2ea. of these? Thanks!
Shoot, wish I cold help you on that one. I actually ordered the parts separate (PN 84490401 for L and PN 84490400 for R). I just brought it all to my guy doing PPF who is also putting it all on for me. I know nothing about the installation & parts unfortunately

Shoot, wish I cold help you on that one. I actually ordered the parts separate (PN 84490401 for L and PN 84490400 for R). I just brought it all to my guy doing PPF who is also putting it all on for me. I know nothing about the installation & parts unfortunately
84624552 are pieces that mount under the front end of the 5BW. These work in conjunction with the 84490401 and the 84490400 to deflect air flow. I'll do some legwork today and get an answer from GM.

1667830013279.png

should of read my post from 10/10 lol i did the same thing u did

should of read my post from 10/10 lol i did the same thing u did
sheesh, i see it now! Hahah Thankfully it wasn't much of a hassle to return & replace with correct piece. Not sure how the wrong PN got circulated around but it is deceiving b/c the description for that part said something like "grille....with carbon fiber" Oh well, hope no one else makes our mistake now

sheesh, i see it now! Hahah Thankfully it wasn't much of a hassle to return & replace with correct piece. Not sure how the wrong PN got circulated around but it is deceiving b/c the description for that part said something like "grille....with carbon fiber" Oh well, hope no one else makes our mistake now
GM has it mislabeled

So I took the chance and installed the CF wing by myself. And it wasn’t that bad. Took a hot air gun warmed up the spoiler lip and then ran fishing line under it, Came right up. Cleaned the double sided tape off with some rubbing alcohol. Drilling the 2 holes was a little nerve racking, but much easier when I drilled a pilot hole. Put some painters tape on the deck lid before I drilled the hole of course. I file down the metal shavings to make it nice and smooth. Put some urethane on the bare metal for some protection and installed the wing and bolted it down. Total time 1 hour.
image.jpg

So I took the chance and installed the CF wing by myself. And it wasn’t that bad. Took a hot air gun warmed up the spoiler lip and then ran fishing line under it, Came right up. Cleaned the double sided tape off with some rubbing alcohol. Drilling the 2 holes was a little nerve racking, but much easier when I drilled a pilot hole. Put some painters tape on the deck lid before I drilled the hole of course. I file down the metal shavings to make it nice and smooth. Put some urethane on the bare metal for some protection and installed the wing and bolted it down. Total time 1 hour. View attachment 14291
Nice work!

Does the new wing also utilize double sided tape when you attach it? I'm thinking maybe that keeps the edge water resistant against the trunk panel?

Nice work!

Does the new wing also utilize double sided tape when you attach it? I'm thinking maybe that keeps the edge water resistant against the trunk panel?
It has double side tape on the edges. And it has weather stripping going around the whole perimeter of the wing

Last edited:
It had double side tape on the edges. And it had weather stripping going around the whole perimeter of the wing
And that wing you installed is PN 85561511? On some of the part seller websites, it shows compatibility w a CT5-V, but not Blackwing trim. But I suspect the trunk panels are the same.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back