Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Carbon fiber PN database.

This isn't a carbon part post, but my 4BW non-carbon came with a damaged rocker extension. In the parts list above for the rocker molding, that would be part #8, and it isn't listed there for the CT5 or in the diagram for the 4BW (part #7, attached). Tried the dealer parts dept. and he couldn't figure it out either. I can't believe this part (gloss plastic, not carbon) is totally unavailable. I'm hoping someone might have some advice on what might be going on here.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-08 130159.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-09-08 130159.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 78
@Akamai58

Question for you as it seems you've done this already. Does the double sided tape run the length of the non-CF spoiler or just the outter edges on the driver and passenger side?

I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for how much elbow grease it will take. My CF spoiler arrived today so I'll probably try to install this weekend.

I'm hoping it's the same as the CF spoiler and only on the outside edges. That won't be bad at all to remove in that case.
Sorry, I've been really tied up with work. The war in Ukraine is driving me crazy and not much time for my cars. :hb

I just came across this while looking for some all weather floor mats.

Did you ever find any all weather floor mats? I usually buy weathertech for all my vehicles but they don't make them for the 5 Wing.

Did you ever find any all weather floor mats? I usually buy weathertech for all my vehicles but they don't make them for the 5 Wing.
Honestly, I think the GM a/w mats are pretty nice looking. They might not be as all encompassing as the weathertechs, though. Depends on what you need, I guess.

Honestly, I think the GM a/w mats are pretty nice looking. They might not be as all encompassing as the weathertechs, though. Depends on what you need, I guess.
I got the GM ones. Way better looking than weathertech for sure.

Remember guys starting 10/25/22 exterior accessories on gm website is 20% off if anyone wants to order the carbon fiber spoiler for the ct5 BW. plus what ever point you might have with gm. coupon code DEALDAYS

Last edited:
Remember guys starting 10/25/22 exterior accessories on gm website is 20% off if anyone wants to order the carbon fiber spoiler for the ct5 BW. plus what ever point you might have with gm.
God I hope this applies to Canada. This stuff is expensive up here.

God I hope this applies to Canada. This stuff is expensive up here.
if your close the usa border, order one from a usa dear and set pickup to a usa caddy dealership. and if not allowed for canada use a vpn and set for a usa location.

I'm very close, most likely not worth it though. Duty charges plus exchange rate would probably make it a wash with the discount.

I'll check it out regardless though.

This isn't a carbon part post, but my 4BW non-carbon came with a damaged rocker extension. In the parts list above for the rocker molding, that would be part #8, and it isn't listed there for the CT5 or in the diagram for the 4BW (part #7, attached). Tried the dealer parts dept. and he couldn't figure it out either. I can't believe this part (gloss plastic, not carbon) is totally unavailable. I'm hoping someone might have some advice on what might be going on here.
I just took a look at it on gmpartsdirect. Would you consider the piece you need an "insert"? Seems the rocker piece comes with an insert, but no item 2 through 6 shown to be included seem to fit a description of an insert. That makes me wonder if #7 is included. Strange that 7, 8, and 9 dont show up at this time.

Hey, OP...any chance you can update your original post with CF part numbers as dispersed through the thread?

Be awesome to have everything on one post.
I've been slacking. I finally have a "WFH" day tomorrow, so I"lol try and make that happen.

I just took a look at it on gmpartsdirect. Would you consider the piece you need an "insert"? Seems the rocker piece comes with an insert, but no item 2 through 6 shown to be included seem to fit a description of an insert. That makes me wonder if #7 is included. Strange that 7, 8, and 9 dont show up at this time.
I've wondered if the two pieces come together. It doesn't seem likely, though I may ask the dealer if I can reject it if it comes without it. The online prices of around $150-$160 isn't bad if it has both parts.

Hey, OP...any chance you can update your original post with CF part numbers as dispersed through the thread?

Be awesome to have everything on one post.

Done.

@Rob, worth a sticky?

I think I finally figured it out. I'll describe it here in case anyone in the future has a similar problem.

If you search for this same body part using the CT4-V (non-Blackwing), parts 7, 8, and 9 show up. It is called Rocker Panel Molding Trim Insert (84760388 left, 84760389 right). Part 8 is Multi-purpose Clip (1157341) and part 9 is Multi-purpose Rivet (11516807). I count 8 rivets per side.

Although it says this insert does not fit the Blackwing, I think it assumes the Blackwing is using the carbon insert and my car does not have the carbon package. Looking at the Youtube reviews of the regular V, this insert looks identical. Also, whether looking up the Blackwing or the regular V, all the parts 1 through 6 in the diagram are the same part numbers. So I think the problem lies with a false assumption in the parts manual that the Blackwings are all using the carbon rocker insert. I think this also likely means anyone wanting to upgrade to the carbon part only needs the carbon insert and the rivets since the Rocker Panel Guard is the same for both.

The standard insert I found for as low as $90 and the (pricey) rivets are $6- $7 each. I hope a standard pop rivet tool works with them. Also, it says primer so I'll also have to get it painted. I'll post again if I find out anything different after I get the part, assuming it's available.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-01 233603.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-11-01 233603.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot 2022-11-01 233650.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-11-01 233650.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 68

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed