Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Cadillac Smart Driver? GTFO

M2Cto4BW

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4V Blackwing
Maybe being new to GM/Cadillac I don't know what everyone else does already, but discovering 'smart driver' tonight, I'm pretty peeved they have an automatic opt-in car driver behaviour monitoring system in our cars :cautious:

Incase any other noobs weren't aware of it, you can turn it off via the app or via Onstar in the car.

Maybe being new to GM/Cadillac I don't know what everyone else does already, but discovering 'smart driver' tonight, I'm pretty peeved they have an automatic opt-in car driver behaviour monitoring system in our cars :cautious:

Incase any other noobs weren't aware of it, you can turn it off via the app or via Onstar in the car.
Turning it off won't stop them from collecting the data. You need to unplug the antenna for that.

LOL thanks for pointing this out. I opened it in the app to learn it's tracking hard braking and hard acceleration events as well as average speed and fuel economy. Does GM send in the Feds if you go to too many track days? :ROFLMAO:

I feel like we should have a competition for who can get the lowest trip score

LOL thanks for pointing this out. I opened it in the app to learn it's tracking hard braking and hard acceleration events as well as average speed and fuel economy. Does GM send in the Feds if you go to too many track days? :ROFLMAO:

I've seen more than one track day video showing the driver trying to convince the onstar person, that "no, I haven't crashed, I'm at a racetrack"

This ISN'T a big deal at all. Been around for several years - had the same option with the V3. I, like many, used to see how low we could score.

You can opt-in or opt-out and GM is very clear around how the data is used. For 99% of us who drive the car as it should be done, it simply means we won't have a data-based case for lower car insurance! (I used to fantasize about loaning my V3 to my dad years back and let him drive it for a month to get a high score and then apply for the insurance!)

When I open the app it says I’m not enrolled in Smart Driver. A little confused how you got enrolled, was it done automatically?

When I open the app it says I’m not enrolled in Smart Driver. A little confused how you got enrolled, was it done automatically?
Agreed, mine ask me if I want to enroll click the link

why would I click the link? I don't want to enroll.
My point was….. it didn’t automatically enroll, the OP must have enrolled or he must have told the OnStar rep to enroll him during the Cadillac setup session with the rep

My point was….. it didn’t automatically enroll, the OP must have enrolled or he must have told the OnStar rep to enroll him during the Cadillac setup session with the rep
Most unfortunate.

I know it's not the end of the world or that I'm going to be deported for having a week's worth of zeros, but the negative-option billing/auto-opt-in stuff is so chinzty for a 'high end' purchase.

I've not activated OnStar. I've not even turned on the radio/activated sirius, as I'm just getting in tune with the noises the car makes.

I know it's not the end of the world or that I'm going to be deported for having a week's worth of zeros, but the negative-option billing/auto-opt-in stuff is so chinzty for a 'high end' purchase.

I've not activated OnStar. I've not even turned on the radio/activated sirius, as I'm just getting in tune with the noises the car makes.
The OnStar rep tried to get me to activate it and I declined.

My sales told me about it and we both agreed to obviously decline it... and could have sworn we did, but I double checked after seeing this thread and I was activated... so I immediately noped out of that shit!

1659096725982.png

Is that "Smart Driver" stuff part of the Onstar Monthly "Vehicle Diagnostics Report"? Seams like a lot of data is being collected?

So I just checked and my lowest monthly score was a 20. Anybody have a lower number 😀

Oddly, both of us had 20 in April...

Screenshot_20220810-101609.jpg

This was with 1500 miles of breakin driving :LOL:
I think you win! I did notice that in November when I spent some time on the track I got a "--" for my monthly score, maybe I got a negative number?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back