Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Cadillac Smart Driver Tips

Robo

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing manual
I want to thank the good folks at GM for engineering and building my CT4-Blackwing with the six speed manual transmission. I've owned the car for about 2 1/2 months now, and the vehicle has made running errands much more interesting and fun! I greatly appreciate the 472 ponies under the hood, the great handling characteristics, and of course the great stopping power. I believe the GM folks when they indicate the car is capable of doing 189 mph...which I haven't done, to be clear, but is believable.

However on the "My Cadillac" app, there is a section called Cadillac Smart Driver that is a cause of some consternation as I keep getting driving tips. I'm curious if I'll get the same tips at the Cadillac V-Performance Academy when I attend? I've made notes to raise my hand and ask some serious questions when I get there.

For legal purposes, I'm guessing it's my wife that's driving, or my college aged son (who hasn't learned how to drive a manual transmission), or just some random gear shifting enthusiast, when I receive these "Smart Driver Tips". I am certain it is not me, as I accidentally purchased this car when in fact I was trying to purchase a Chevy Spark. It was just all the supply chain stuff that forced me into this vehicle.

When I check the "My Cadillac" app, under the Smart Driver tab, I get these helpful little tips. I am just curious as to whether anyone else gets these tips, or if in fact, there are more tips that I or my wife, or son, or random gear shifting enthusiast, should be aware of?

These are a few Smart Driving golden nuggets of Smart Driving Wisdom...

1666069959770.png

1666070009220.png

1666070061235.png

I'm guessing that if my wife or random gear shifting enthusiast is rapidly accelerating, see "Helpful Tip" #1, then, most probably "Helpful Tip" #2 is a given...not always...but I hope my wife or random gear shifting enthusiast applies pressure to the excellent Brembo brakes as required. As far as "Helpful Tip" #3, if it was my wife that was driving...well she's always late....I would not know why the random gear shifting enthusiast would be late

Please share any other Smart Driving golden nuggets of Smart Driving Wisdom. I am anxious to learn as quickly as I can, like 0-60 quick, or 1/4 mile quick.
Many Thanks!

Funny how the "helpful tips" are 100% counterintuitive to the normal reason for buying the BW. These are really meant for insurance reasons and maybe apply better to the Chevy Trax. 😕 Although they are common to all GM cars.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners