Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Product Review: Cabin Air Filter

Product Review announcement

Tuna

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'11 V Wagon, ( '13 427 Vette & '21 Vette)
On Star said I needed to replace my Cabin Air Filter so I checked around the net to see how to replace it and it looked easy enough, so I bought a filter and got out my 7mm socket. When my V1 needed this filter replaced, I read the manual and it said the hood needed to be removed. My V1 went to the dealer for that. Did the V2 myself

The AC Delco filter ain't cheap either - around 30-bucks depending on where you find one. None of my local parts stores carried them and they didn't carry other brand replacements either. An auto repair shop and parts store in my home town said they could get the AC Delco filter in an hour, so I told them to get it.

Raised the hood and removed the 3 7mm screws from the panel below the passenger windowshield wiper and swung it out of the way. The opening to get at the filter is about 1 foot across and maybe 1.5 inches wide. The filter is just a bit smaller than that. It took me a couple of minutes to figure out how to get my hands down in there, squeeze the sides of the filter together and then fish it out. Getting the new one in wasn't as easy as the internet video seems to show.

There are 4 tabs on the filter housing to hold the filter in - 2 at the bottom on either side and 2 near the top. The idea is that you slide the new filter down into the opening and then tilt the bottom toward the rear of the car and then push it down behind the bottom tabs. Writing this down is a lot easier then actually doing it. It's hard to get a good grip on the filter and get it tilted far enough back at the bottom to get it behind both tabs at the bottom. If you drop in into the housing, you may need a long pair of needle nose pliers to get it back out.

Finally got the bottom of the filter behind the tabs - after several tries. Squeezed the sides of the filter and popped it behind the top tabs and I was almost done. Put the panel back in place and tighten the 3 screws. New cabin air filter installed.

The old one wasn't that dirty either. Oh well. At least I did it myself.

After getting it in, I thought about getting a couple of slim foot-long rulers to use as installation tools. Might be able to put then in the housing behind the bottom tabs and then drop the filter in between the rulers and the housing. Then remove the rulers. I'll try to remember this idea in a couple of years when I think about changing this filter again. Maybe I'll remember to read this post again in a couple of years. :wink:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back