Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Changing cabin air filter CT4-V Blackwing

Jim2000

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-Blackwing
How easy is it to change the cabin air filter on these cars? Anyone have a video or link? Any recommendations on a brand of filter? I don't want to buy these from the dealer.

How easy is it to change the cabin air filter on these cars? Anyone have a video or link? Any recommendations on a brand of filter? I don't want to buy these from the dealer.
Might try GM Parts Direct. Don

Just tried GM Parts Direct. The cabin air filter is P/N 8433554 and is $23.54. It's for the CT4 but i'd bet the same filter is used in the Blackwing. Don

Last edited:
Just tried GM Parts Direct. The cabin air filter is P/N 8433554 and is $23.54. It's for the CT4 but i'd bet the same filter is used in the Blackwing. Don
Thanks for the information. I have used them before. I wish I could find a video on how to do it. I searched YouTube for a change of the cabin air filter for CT4 and there was nothing.

The CT4 and CT5 are essentially the same. It's in a slot inside the top of the glove box.

Attachments

• CT4 PASSENGER COMPARTMENT AIR FILTER REPLACEMENT.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 232
That part number looks like an air filter. Rock Auto is calling for ACDELCO CF185 or ACDELCO CF185F as replacement cabin filter.

It's a 5 minute job. Drop the glove box all the way down (release on the sides) and remove the filter cover.

I use the FRAM activated carbon one.

W
That part number looks like an air filter. Rock Auto is calling for ACDELCO CF185 or ACDELCO CF185F as replacement cabin filter.
Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. Was pretty sure, who knows? Don

It's a 5 minute job. Drop the glove box all the way down (release on the sides) and remove the filter cover.

Is the release on the sides accomplished by pushing inwards such as on a Camry?

Is the release on the sides accomplished by pushing inwards such as on a Camry?
Did you read the service procedure I posted??? I don't have a Camry to compare, but yes, you push in on the sides.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back