Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Cabin Air Filter Change

Major Wobbly

whats the deal with the CT5 BW cabin air filter? I live in a desert area and we get dust storms every now and then ...I want to change the filter.When I lookd it up in the owners manual it said to contact my dealer to schedule an appointment. No other information provided! Heck, the nearest Cadillac delaership is a 2 hour drive away...so that meant 4 hours of driving to change the cabin air fileter! Any suggestions on where to find info on how to change the cabin air filter? Thanks Major Wobbly.

Might be worth investing in the service manual - I know a few paid subscriptions you can use and then download the whole thing if you don’t want to pay monthly

whats the deal with the CT5 BW cabin air filter? I live in a desert area and we get dust storms every now and then ...I want to change the filter.When I lookd it up in the owners manual it said to contact my dealer to schedule an appointment. No other information provided! Heck, the nearest Cadillac delaership is a 2 hour drive away...so that meant 4 hours of driving to change the cabin air fileter! Any suggestions on where to find info on how to change the cabin air filter? Thanks Major Wobbly.
So I may be able to help. I have a CT4BW, but hopefully it's similar. On the CT4 the cabin filter is inside the glove box. Had to open the glove box, "pinch" both sides so it drops down and then access to the glove box. If you want message me and I can text you some pictures. Took me less than 10 minutes and only a screwdriver needed.

Christopher

Just looked and the filter on the 5BW is pretty easy to see just by opening the glove box. Sounds like cnofar’s suggestion would work for a 5 as well

Just looked and the filter on the 5BW is pretty easy to see just by opening the glove box. Sounds like cnofar’s suggestion would work for a 5 as well
If KN is correct, I think it's the same filter. Compatibility guide (showing both CT4 3.6L V6 and CT5 6.2L V8) and PDF instructions are here.

It's a 2 minute job. Sits right behind the glove box. Depending on finger dexterity, you may need to drop the box ot of the way by pressing in on either side. I didn't need to move the glove box. When you put the new one in, pay attention to the direction of air flow. The filter will have an arrow.

I just did mine today.

Part# 90297C - Advance Auto Carquest Premium - $27

IMG_1316.jpg

Filter Access

IMG_1317.jpg

If you need to drop the glove box, press inward on both sides at the tabs.

IMG_1318.jpg

That's the clip for the filter cover. Remove, pull out old filter and replace.

It really couldn't be easier. With by big fat hands (did have to remove rings/watch), I can actually go in above the top of the glove box w/o displacing the hinges of the glove box and replace the filter in less than a minute.

I just replaced my 2022 Kia Telluride and 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee cabin air filters. Basically the same as our Blackwings. Takes 5 minutes and just pay attention to direction of air flow arrow. Kia wanted to do mine at my last oild change and I told them "no". Between the part and labor they wanted something like $60. I bought a FRAM filter for under $20 and installed it in minutes. I did find some small bird feathers and was wondering if I hit one at some point.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back