Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

C&D compare BW5/RS7/M5

Braking Distance: The M5 outbraked the Blackwing ...they did not mention if the Blackwing had carbon ceramics....not sure if that would have affected stopping distance

Braking Distance: The M5 outbraked the Blackwing ...they did not mention if the Blackwing had carbon ceramics....not sure if that would have affected stopping distance
Under the "stats" section, it says they are ceramic.

I don’t think ceramics stop any faster than metal, they are just lighter. They might even be worse before they heat up.
They don’t fade as easy and are lighter.

Those M5s are very quick cars….

Replace the pads and fluids and you're going to have a much better stopping experience on a track compared to the other two.

great read...god knows the interior would be its down fall against German cars...GM still simply can't figure out the interior. it's never as bad as the journalists make it seem but it is quite a bit worse than their German counterparts for sure.
on a side note....I don't care about the interior and am certain that I'll be more than happy with my car.

great read...god knows the interior would be its down fall against German cars...GM still simply can't figure out the interior. it's never as bad as the journalists make it seem but it is quite a bit worse than their German counterparts for sure.
on a side note....I don't care about the interior and am certain that I'll be more than happy with my car.
Oh, I think GM can do much better interiors if warranted (take a look at the Lyriq and read about the upcoming bespoke $200k Celestiq.) Problem is, if GM put that much money into interiors the actual prices of their cars would match the Germans and none of the domestic brands have the 'cache' to command pricing equal to the foreign competition. In some respects, not having that legacy is what helps Tesla sell very expensive cars of questionable quality - first mover advantage in their case.

I think the interior in my 5BW is perfectly fine and functional. Plus, I'll keep that other $40k in my bank account for other toys compared to the M5/RS7 that isn't as fun to drive or as visceral.

I think the interior in my 5BW is perfectly fine and functional. Plus, I'll keep that other $40k in my bank account for other toys compared to the M5/RS7 that isn't as fun to drive or as visceral.
Yep. It's not a tradeoff that we get to make - that is the only disappointment. I'm very pleased with the Blackwing interior, it's got a ton of personality with all the contrasts, but if there was an even higher end option I would have paid up for it.

Yep. It's not a tradeoff that we get to make - that is the only disappointment. I'm very pleased with the Blackwing interior, it's got a ton of personality with all the contrasts, but if there was an even higher end option I would have paid up for it.
I did when I upgraded my seats

I did when I upgraded my seats
Seats is really the only luxury option. On the doors and other places you still get cheap plastic and hard material that is found in cars less than half the cost of BWs.

Seats is really the only luxury option. On the doors and other places you still get cheap plastic and hard material that is found in cars less than half the cost of BWs.

Not making excuses, but GM had to save money somewhere and I'm glad they saved it on things that are irrelevant to me and most other buyers of the Blackwing. I haven't noticed or cared the grade or quality of plastic on the lower half of the door or other random places throughout the cabin.

I'm too busy enjoying shifting the gears and hearing that 6.2L supercharged V8 scream and slinging it through corners and nailing the beautifully progressive carbon ceramic brakes to bring things back down to normal in a hurry.

Not making excuses, but GM had to save money somewhere and I'm glad they saved it on things that are irrelevant to me and most other buyers of the Blackwing. I haven't noticed or cared the grade or quality of plastic on the lower half of the door or other random places throughout the cabin.

I'm too busy enjoying shifting the gears and hearing that 6.2L supercharged V8 scream and slinging it through corners and nailing the beautifully progressive carbon ceramic brakes to bring things back down to normal in a hurry.

Agree with your sentiment on enjoyment, but at some point Cadillac has to stop competing as the "cheap option" the Germans. Go head to head and let the best cars win. I would have been happy to pay more for the option of no Chevy plastics.

If we were talking about the C8 I would think differently. The Corvette IS a Chevy, and GM is generations behind the Germans and Italians in refinement. They absolutely need to compete on value. But Cadillac? C'mon this is the fourth gen V. At this point they should be competing in all phases of the ownership experience.

+1 I would have jumped all over a customization program similar to Audi and Porsche Exclusive programs. Your choice of leather and stitching colors and so forth. :cool:
Not quite guys. My upgrade just comes with carbon backs and a cool V logo imprinted.

Agree with your sentiment on enjoyment, but at some point Cadillac has to stop competing as the "cheap option" the Germans. Go head to head and let the best cars win. I would have been happy to pay more for the option of no Chevy plastics.

If we were talking about the C8 I would think differently. The Corvette IS a Chevy, and GM is generations behind the Germans and Italians in refinement. They absolutely need to compete on value. But Cadillac? C'mon this is the fourth gen V. At this point they should be competing in all phases of the ownership experience.
You will see more of that strategy with Cadillac's switch to EVs. From all accounts, the flagship Celestiq is a bespoke car with a fitting $200k-ish price to boot.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back