Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Buy used or gamble with order?-Ct5

The same thing almost happened to me. I was offered an incoming new 5BW instead of my order and I asked for a few hours to think about it. A few hours is way to long to think about it and meanwhile another sales guy had another buyer lined up. I called back and my sales guy told me it was sold. Then he called back an hour later and told me the other buyer didn’t realize it was an MT and backed out. So now I have my 5BW and realize I how lucky I was (am).

Keep trying you’ll get there.

The same thing almost happened to me. I was offered an incoming new 5BW instead of my order and I asked for a few hours to think about it. A few hours is way to long to think about it and meanwhile another sales guy had another buyer lined up. I called back and my sales guy told me it was sold. Then he called back an hour later and told me the other buyer didn’t realize it was an MT and backed out. So now I have my 5BW and realize I how lucky I was (am).
Guess when it's meant to be.... good for you

Lesson learned. Lol. Had paperwork and other buyer wired 50k to secure. Lost this one!
I'd still check on it Monday to be honest. Something may happen. Dealer may upset that buyer with something else the buyer doesn't want to deal with.

They pester the hell out of us when they want us to buy. Pester them back!

If its the spec you want and it does appear to have been abused in that first 500 miles, sure why not? i don't know if you're financing or not but it may come down to loan to value, banks have started shutting down that 120% loan to value Caddy.....ur ah I mean candy dispensing in the last month or so. Otherwise, get the used on gently enjoy it and when your 2023 order ever arrives make a decision then,
My bank hit me with 8% and had to come out of pocket for the rest. Wasnt expecting it when I was trying to secure mine.
If they want roughly 115-120k then I wouldn't worry too much. As mentioned above, there are plenty for sale in the US at the price point.
Kicker is most of those cars are $89-97K MSRPs. Dealers are still trying to make $20-30K on barely optioned out cars.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back