Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Brake ducts?

CT5-V Model

BrakeFade

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Blackwing on Order
I picked up my 5BW last week and was wondering about the brake ducts. Are they installed by the dealer? Or in the trunk somewhere? I guess I need to get under the car and look and see if they’re mounted…

I have a CT4 BW. My brake duct kit was in the trunk under the floor/cover. I asked the dealership about this specifically. Service advisor showed me on the instruction it says "for track use only, and to remove afterwards". Since my car is daily driving I have no installed these. I may install if I ever do a track day in the future.

Not sure if you have the CCB option but I heard if you have the carbon ceramics that you won't have them? I guess only us peons with the regular boring steel brakes need that extra cooling on the track.

Not sure if you have the CCB option but I heard if you have the carbon ceramics that you won't have them? I guess only us peons with the regular boring steel brakes need that extra cooling on the track.
I picked up my 5 yesterday and I have ccb's and brake ducts (had them not install them).

I highly recommend not installing these for road use.... speed bumps will rip them off....

I found them in the trunk area. Definitely not installing them. Put them away in my closet.

I picked my car up Tuesday. I have a CT5VBW with steel brakes and the dealer (supposedly) got nothing regarding brake ducts/deflectors. There are front brake deflectors already on the car, but there are no ball joint protector front shields, no rear rotor shields, and no rear lower control arm cooling deflectors (which are described in the manual). The dealer has no idea what I'm talking about, but I'm about the weaponize the "customer survey" if they keep blowing me off.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back