Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Constraints Tracker

Anyone know if the upgraded seats w/ quilted inserts were on constraint for the 2024 4VBW?
I ordered a '24 4VBW w/ the $4,900 seat upgrade and it got built without them.
The salesman says that the seat upgrade was on constraint and so it was built with base seats instead.

Back story: I originally ordered a '23 which was not built, so they re-ordered it as a '24. The '23 was ordered in person, so I have the printout showing exactly the options (including the seat upgrade) I wanted, but they did the '24 on their own. They have been nothing but nice to work with, but I suspect they forgot to check a box.

Anyone know if the upgraded seats w/ quilted inserts were on constraint for the 2024 4VBW?
The salesman says that the seat upgrade was on constraint and so it was built with base seats instead.

Back story: I originally ordered a '23 which was not built, so they re-ordered it as a '24. The '23 was ordered in person, so I have the printout showing exactly the options (including the seat upgrade) I wanted, but they did the '24 on their own. They have been nothing but nice to work with, but I suspect they forgot to check a box.
I suspect that you’re right.

The only constraints on my 24 order was the carbon packages but they also made a mistake and had the order sent with base seats also but went trough the correction and sent me the confirmation today with the mid seats like I wanted.

Any word on cyber yellow? Has the CF1 availability on the 4BW improved?
Have you seen Cyber Yellow? Thanks to @668LT4 who posted in a smaller thread, I figured I'd bump it to this larger thread.

I'm waiting to see actual photos of coastal blue.

1692875357870.png

1692875523546.png

Last edited:
Cyber Yellow looks great! If anyone has pics of Coastal Blue, can they post them?

Coastal Blue is same as Riptide blue I believe which is on the new 2024 Corvette. Lots of examples on line of the 2024 Vette.

A
Coastal Blue is same as Riptide blue I believe which is on the new 2024 Corvette. Lots of examples on line of the 2024 Vette.
Are you sure it is the same as riptide? If you look up coastal blue metallic (it was on the buick encore in the past), it looks different than riptide.

Just got a call from my dealer. He said the Parking package and the Supercruise package are both on constraint so he can’t put my order in the system at this time.

Just got a call from my dealer. He said the Parking package and the Supercruise package are both on constraint so he can’t put my order in the system at this time.
My dealer told me today that the mt and cf packages were on constraint earlier. Which would kinda make sense since I believe the cf options only fit on the mt

What is the mt option? I figured you mean manual transmission but obviously carbon fiber is on both

What is the mt option? I figured you mean manual transmission but obviously carbon fiber is on both
Yeah manual transmission. And one of the cf options wasn't available for the automatic when I was goin over it with the dealership cause the wheel base is different I believe

Yeah manual transmission. And one of the cf options wasn't available for the automatic when I was goin over it with the dealership cause the wheel base is different I believe
Wheel base is different? That makes no sense.

If this is the type of info your dealer is giving you it's not surprising you've had to wait so long without getting your order picked up. They don't seem to know what's going on with the BWs. I'd definitely find a different dealer ASAP.

If this is the type of info your dealer is giving you it's not surprising you've had to wait so long without getting your order picked up. They don't seem to know what's going on with the BWs. I'd definitely find a different dealer ASAP.
Wheel base is different? That makes no sense.

Sorry I think I said that in correctly. Its the rear axle ratio that is different. The manual says it's a 3.73 and the automatic is 2.85. Here's a few attached pictures from the website build right now. When I select the automatic and try to apply either the carbon fiber package 1 or 2 it says it can not do that for the automatic and switches me to the manual transmission. I spoke a little out of turn saying the wheel base.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230907_153315_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230907_153315_Chrome.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_20230907_153128_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230907_153128_Chrome.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 51
Riptide Blue is also available on the standard Chevy Equinox. I checked the inventory at my local dealer and they have 5 on the lot in that color. I'll have to stop by and take a look.

I'm ready to order a 4BW, and I want to see the color in person before I finalize the color choice.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back