Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwing Constraints Tracker

I noticed that. Went from $975 to $1,600
I’ve never seen it at $975. It was around $1100 +shipping online as of November. I don’t want to order it online because if there are defects (which the CF parts are notorious for) I’ll end up paying for return shipping, plus the hassle. At the dealer I just inspect it on the spot and either accept it or not.

I ordered one from my local dealer in early December and the delivery date keeps getting pushed back, now at end of June. I need to go in and talk with them to see if they will honor the written order they gave me in December for $1250.

Last edited:
Anyone know the current constraint percentage for CF1 and 2? GM readily shares that with dealers every week.

Is there any data to support the notion that the CF1 and 2 are being only installed on anniversary and track cars?
I have been told by multiple dealers many times that the 120th cars were pretty much all spec'd with CF1 and CF2, and the parts were held back to fulfill those. I have one, and my car has 1,2, and the seats. I have also looked at stickers on many other 120th cars, and they all have had it. As for other cars, it seems pretty spotty. Most 23s don't seem to have it.

I have been told by multiple dealers many times that the 120th cars were pretty much all spec'd with CF1 and CF2, and the parts were held back to fulfill those. I have one, and my car has 1,2, and the seats. I have also looked at stickers on many other 120th cars, and they all have had it. As for other cars, it seems pretty spotty. Most 23s don't seem to have it.

They are on a small number. There's an orange 5BW at Crestview with CF1 and CF2. Customer sold car.

Realistically speaking.. if I place an order for CF 1&2 along with the full CF seats when would I see my 24 CT5-V Blackwing ? January of nxt year ? Maybe even next summer ?

Would it be more advisable to just drop the CF packages and buy the parts afterwards ? Seats I would keep on there..

Realistically speaking.. if I place an order for CF 1&2 along with the full CF seats when would I see my 24 CT5-V Blackwing ? January of nxt year ? Maybe even next summer ?

Would it be more advisable to just drop the CF packages and buy the parts afterwards ? Seats I would keep on there..
Too many factors. Ask your dealer what number in line you are, and how many allocations they have gotten since production started in 2022. With CF1, CF2, and the seats, you may never see a car. The dealer should contact you when they have an allocation for you, and tell you what exactly is able to be ordered, and what's on constraint.

Order it without to save time and buy the pieces from online GM dealer, mostly all pieces are available except rear defuser

I've seen 2 cars come into inventory (though likely pre-sold) with CF1 and 2 at one dealership in Michigan and one in Atlanta. So, they do exist, but they are rare. And so we wait.....

Thank you everyone.. I have a dealer that will try to put in for the build on Thursday but depending on the constraints I will drop CF 1 & 2 and buy them afterwards. I really want the CF seats however and I hope that they can accommodate those at the very least.

The build you submit won't matter until the allocation arrives so submit one with all the carbon so they know. Once the allocation arrives the dealer will tell you if the build you submitted is good or if you have to drop the carbon or anything else that is on constraint.

The build you submit won't matter until the allocation arrives so submit one with all the carbon so they know. Once the allocation arrives the dealer will tell you if the build you submitted is good or if you have to drop the carbon or anything else that is on constraint.
Or they won't and they'll quietly let all the allocation go to others in line after you for months on end while you watch Blackwings in-transit to your dealer. Make sure to get an agreement with your salesperson!

Or they won't and they'll quietly let all the allocation go to others in line after you for months on end while you watch Blackwings in-transit to your dealer. Make sure to get an agreement with your salesperson!
Correct, or they will simply place a dealer order and take the car to sell. The fact is, unless you have a really good dealer and they know what they are doing, you will wait if there are constraints.

Thats why Im in touch with a few dealers.. hoping one is a straight shooter and I get the car I want !

Correct, or they will simply place a dealer order and take the car to sell. The fact is, unless you have a really good dealer and they know what they are doing, you will wait if there are constraints.
Unless your banging the owners daughter your going to get punked. Guys/Gals have been on waiting list for 2yrs+ for CF1, CF2 and seat backs. What is it now 12k+ just on MSRP and probably more for the CF options since 2022 model years.

I will say it again: GM is done with this car your best bet would be to pick up a slightly used with the options you want and some you don't like color. No way this car is mfg'd for 2025 no way!

Unless your banging the owners daughter your going to get punked. Guys/Gals have been on waiting list for 2yrs+ for CF1, CF2 and seat backs. What is it now 12k+ just on MSRP and probably more for the CF options since 2022 model years.

I will say it again: GM is done with this car your best bet would be to pick up a slightly used with the options you want and some you don't like color. No way this car is mfg'd for 2025 no way!
Actually, CF1 CF2 and the CF Seats added $19,920.00 to the 2023 cars. I have a 120th, and those are the numbers on the sticker. Yes they did go up from the '22, but I don't remember how much. It was not insignificant. Also, if the dealer didn't ask for and take money, you are not on any list to get a car. I have bought 2, and I did not order them, they were both dumb luck, and they still took $2K each for a deposit.

I ordered 2 BW's and did not put any money down, and I have CF1 & CF2 on both cars.... Oh and the CF seats on my 5BW..

Thanks, you just made my point. Someone off the street is not going to be treated like the head goat herder, are they now?
LOL, I was not trying to prove a point, only add to my post count.... Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh, Sewell Cadillac treats everyone the same, fair....... #sewellcadillacfanboy

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners